News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

steveNJ

Right, but with the big crowds, how long should you give yourself to be able to get through that?
It’s sort of variable, 45-60 and you’ll need to get through the crowds, 30 mins and they’ll probably have cut down outside as they are now in the park already so it’ll be quicker through security.
I would think if you’re on a no bag line 30-40 minutes out, you’re fine, but do what makes you comfortable.

MJJME

Right, but with the big crowds, how long should you give yourself to be able to get through that?
it only take approximately 15-25 mins depending on the crowds and the day but you want to give yourself 30 just to be safe

Edit: If you are at security, either dropped off or already parked, I haven't read anyone that has taken more than 30 mins (and I think that's high, most are 15-20)

Since I'm getting there early to get the Boarding Pass, should I try to rope drop Millennium Falcon? I read that it is better to try and get on later in the evening and do Slinky Dog at opening?!

Hawkeye_2018

Speaking of rope drop strategies, is the line/demand for Jedi training for the kids still enough that you would want to get signed up as soon as possible?

MJJME

Since I'm getting there early to get the Boarding Pass, should I try to rope drop Millennium Falcon? I read that it is better to try and get on later in the evening and do Slinky Dog at opening?!
I have read different strategies, but both rides are in the 60+ minutes as soon as the park opens so it depends how early you get to the park and how close you are to the front of the crowd. MFSR lines seems to get lower as the day goes on but SDD seems to stay consistently busier throughout the day

disneyREINA

Hi I don’t want to start a new thread about this so I’ll ask here if anyone knows...

we’re coming the first week of April (usually a death trap due to spring breakers but don’t have a choice due to a convention that week) my question is, if I plan on going to HS on Saturday do you think I’d get a boarding group if I’m there at opening time or would I be better off going during the week days? Does it matter? The plans are for Saturday but if I’m better on say a Wednesday then I can switch the days.

also, I have a 6 month old. Do they have a child swap the same as the other rides or have they not implemented one? If we all have the same boarding group how do they offer a child swap?

how is the ride for a 3 year old? He just made the 39 inches mark so i think he will be able to ride. I just don’t know if he would be scared or not.

jinx8402

Keep in mind today is the first day with fastpasses for MFSR, so it may change how long the wait is in the evening/just before close compared to the previous train of thought.

crashnh14

We have someone in our group running each of the 3 days, which makes it impossible to do both. Looks like we will be arriving extra early on Monday April 20th to make sure we get on.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Has been running rather well today - current groups called at 3:10pm is 62-84.

ERKdMrEX0AAfCCR.jpeg

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Hi I don’t want to start a new thread about this so I’ll ask here if anyone knows...

we’re coming the first week of April (usually a death trap due to spring breakers but don’t have a choice due to a convention that week) my question is, if I plan on going to HS on Saturday do you think I’d get a boarding group if I’m there at opening time or would I be better off going during the week days? Does it matter? The plans are for Saturday but if I’m better on say a Wednesday then I can switch the days.

also, I have a 6 month old. Do they have a child swap the same as the other rides or have they not implemented one? If we all have the same boarding group how do they offer a child swap?

how is the ride for a 3 year old? He just made the 39 inches mark so i think he will be able to ride. I just don’t know if he would be scared or not.
I am not sure about child swap. I would assume yes. As for your three year old, if he makes the height requirement I say take him. RotR is a lot of things, scary isn't one of them.
Sat, Wed, Mon...doesnt matter. I will be busy in the morning. Be in the park before opening and follow some of the advice here and you should be ok. Good luck!

gerarar

Premium Member
Turned off all apps, wifi, and bluetooth. Fresh start. Everything was perfect and then after selecting my party I got the "something went wrong" statement!!!!! Grrr. I backed out and got BG 96. We are going to need a stronger day than expected now. Fingers crossed.
Well, it looks like the Resistance will be needing your help after all today! Go go go recruit!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom