Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

el_super

So.... Rise before Dawn is changing their Dawn procedures in Florida. Whenever DL can open, I wonder if we will see the same change here?

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...yR0LbvF-ZvDXDSStRFVXlxBvvBeEdoCeQs1HOlZiadnsQ

Maybe. It really depends on whether they implement a strong reservation system or not. They can't really open up the reservations to all the available ticket media, since a large population of valid-AP holders would be able to snag up all the reservations early in the morning. And since the effort required to obtain the reservation would be so low, they are more likely to abandon it and not show up. That's not good for anyone.

The bigger issue is what will happen when AP holders are told they have to have a reservation for entry, and what consequences there will be if they cancel their reservations.

Stevek

I dislike those changes. Anyone who put in the effort to get to get a nice cellular carrier, get to the park early, and do their research could get on the ride before. I'd hate for all the random APs who live 20 minutes away to casually be able to get a ride reservation from their home, while tourists get screwed
is there a group of people out there that got a good cellular carrier so they could get better ride access?

RoadiJeff

is there a group of people out there that got a good cellular carrier so they could get better ride access?
There could be, the way it is currently set up. Someone with a 5G phone has a slight advantage over the older speeds. This is important right now when every millisecond counts and the boarding passes are all gone 9 seconds after the start of 10:00 and 2:00. Yes, I've been testing this from home, 1,000 miles away from the park.

I liked the original way things were run. I was at the park 5 days after ROTR first opened back in December and I stood in line from 4:45am until they started letting us through at around 7:00. Even being almost 10 minutes back in line I still was able to get a pass. We were rewarded for our efforts back then.

Stevek

There could be, the way it is currently set up. Someone with a 5G phone has a slight advantage over the older speeds. This is important right now when every millisecond counts and the boarding passes are all gone 9 seconds after the start of 10:00 and 2:00. Yes, I've been testing this from home, 1,000 miles away from the park.

I liked the original way things were run. I was at the park 5 days after ROTR first opened back in December and I stood in line from 4:45am until they started letting us through at around 7:00. Even being almost 10 minutes back in line I still was able to get a pass. We were rewarded for our efforts back then.
I guess theme parks or this particular ride have to be really, really, really important to someone to seek out a specific cell service/provide.

DrAlice

I dislike those changes. Anyone who put in the effort to get to get a nice cellular carrier, get to the park early, and do their research could get on the ride before. I'd hate for all the random APs who live 20 minutes away to casually be able to get a ride reservation from their home, while tourists get screwed
I'm unclear about it, but the blog post made it sound like you had to be on property to get a reservation. Not at the park, but in the Disney bubble. Not sure if they have the ability to do that or not (magic bands?). Also, not sure if that was intended in the blog, or if I read what I wanted to read into that.

Emmanuel

I went on the 2nd day of ROTR being open at DLR.

I recall how shaky my fingers were as it it got to 8am. Prior to that I did everything to make sure that my phones service would be ok. From closing all apps to using speed tests. All that to get Group #69 which was within the primary groups while my friend in another part of main street got #111 in the backup groups.

Fast Forward to February 29th my last full day at DLR before the lockdown, Still in town square. Got group 22 which meant I went straight to Batuu from Main Street.

T-Mobile has been pretty reliable in Town Square here at DLR.

fctiger

Wow a blast from the past! :)

Every time I think about this ride, I have to thank my kids who BEGGED us to do it back in January when I was adamant I didn't want to attempt to do it until after Easter break. They wore us down and we showed up at some ungodly hour to be in the park when it opened and fortunately got Group 35. I still think how how upset everyone would be if we took my advice and waited until April. ;)

Can't wait to do it again in 2022 or 2023. Yeah.

Rich Brownn

I like it when you can get to a park, and as long as you get in line before the park closed, you could ride the ride that night unless it broke down.
And yet, when Hagrid opened, everyone said Disney would never allow a 10-hour line with no guarentee of a ride. That it was idiotic. Nothing ever makes everyone happy. (I'd prefer not waiting all day, riding nothing)

TP2000

T-Mobile has been pretty reliable in Town Square here at DLR.

I also get a very strong, steady signal from AT&T in the Town Square, specifically up the stairs right in front of the train depot. I think it's because if you walk up all those stairs, you are closer to Telstar.

1trainstation.jpg

DLR>WDW

With 10 days until the official reopening of Disneyland, and a week until CM previews, I thought it’d be fitting to revive this discussion after more than a year... Who is ready for some more boarding group drama?!

Something to note, the procedure will be slightly different this time around. Passes will be distributed in both the morning and in the afternoon, accommodating the new Park Hopper restrictions. What isn’t known though is if you will be able to join the AM boarding groups from anywhere, or if you’ll have to be scanned into Disneyland Park first. At WDW, distribution now opens for everyone at 7AM and can be obtained from literally anywhere in the world, as long as you have valid admission and a ParkPass reservation. This “anywhere” method is able to prevent crowding in the esplanade and Main St., while also lowering the surge of guests all arriving at the same. On the contrary however, it results in boarding groups often being sold out within seconds as access is far easier and doesn’t require waking up at the “rise before dawn.” Both definitely have trade-offs, though I suspect they’ll opt for the “anywhere” method to alleviate stress on arrival operations and to be more “safe.” Hopefully we get an official word from Disney within the week!

Tamandua

With 10 days until the official reopening of Disneyland, and a week until CM previews, I thought it’d be fitting to revive this discussion after more than a year... Who is ready for some more boarding group drama?!

Something to note, the procedure will be slightly different this time around. Passes will be distributed in both the morning and in the afternoon, accommodating the new Park Hopper restrictions. What isn’t known though is if you will be able to join the AM boarding groups from anywhere, or if you’ll have to be scanned into Disneyland Park first. At WDW, distribution now opens for everyone at 7AM and can be obtained from literally anywhere in the world, as long as you have valid admission and a ParkPass reservation. This “anywhere” method is able to prevent crowding in the esplanade and Main St., while also lowering the surge of guests all arriving at the same. On the contrary however, it results in boarding groups often being sold out within seconds as access is far easier and doesn’t require waking up at the “rise before dawn.” Both definitely have trade-offs, though I suspect they’ll opt for the “anywhere” method to alleviate stress on arrival operations and to be more “safe.” Hopefully we get an official word from Disney within the week!
I miss the days when Rise of the Resistance frustration was the worst of our problems.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No

Oh, but we do know!

This particular Disney Parks Blog had some details and should answer your questions:

---
Upon reopening, we’ll continue leveraging a virtual queue system for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.* The attraction’s virtual queue is only accessible via the Disneyland mobile app, and you may only experience the attraction by joining the virtual queue. Distribution times for virtual queue enrollment will be twice daily, one in the morning, and one later in the day. Specific times and details will be shared at a later date on Disneyland.com.

• Guests with a valid ticket and theme park reservation who will start their day at Disneyland park will be able to access the virtual queue system and check for an available boarding group in the morning on the day of their park reservation. Guests will need to have their park tickets linked to their Disney account.
  • To access the second virtual queue opportunity for later that day, guests must have a valid ticket and park reservation, and have entered Disneyland park, or Disney California Adventure park with a Park Hopper ticket by the second enrollment time. Guests beginning their day at Disney California Adventure Park may then enter Disneyland park with their Park Hopper ticket after 1 p.m. for their boarding group.
---

The addendums at the bottom:

*Access to a Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance boarding group is subject to availability and not guaranteed. In order to give as many Guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each Guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.

As a reminder, only Guests with a valid admission into Disneyland Park will be able to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, subject to availability. Distribution times are subject to change or cancellation.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

The ride is not worth this lottery crap. Call me when I can just queue up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom