Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

waltography

And this evening's operation is another piece of proof that they are purposely closing this ride down two to three hours before park closing time.
The canned answer I got from one of the ride's managers (I don't know their titles, but they had earpieces and were not in GE attire) on Sunday was that they had enough people in the queue + people coming back from previous boarding groups to run the ride and get it closed before midnight. The fact that they filled the queue the way they did doesn't bode well at all for the ride's capacity.

Darkbeer1

I still have my Disneyland Pogs from Disneyland‘a “Go Pog Wild And Rollerblade Crazy!” Spring Break promotion from 1995.

Some Choice Hotels have POG for Breakfast.

Our 99 Cents Only store has cans of Four Seasons (The fourth is Mango, to go with the POG). I picked up a few, pretty good stuff.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
They are selling a product that is not theirs to begin with or has anything to do with them. DISNEYLAND. They didn't build the park. they didn't build the rides. but they are making money off disneyland by monitizing their videos, or having people donate to them during live streams so they can have their name shout out because people are stupid and that is important to people I guess, and they are loud, obnoxious and talk during rides and block walk ways.

So you didn’t give any money to the Half-baked riff raff?

Disney Analyst

So.... we're already done for the day.

They seemed to have called it a night at 8:40pm with Boarding Group 105, even though the park is open until 11:00pm. That's better than yesterday's miserable result of only getting to Boarding Group 81, but worse than Friday and Saturday when they got to Boarding Group 117 and 112, respectively.

And this evening's operation is another piece of proof that they are purposely closing this ride down two to three hours before park closing time. Tonight the last Boarding Group was called at 8:40pm, two hours and twenty minutes before park closing time. This has to be the first time in known history that Disneyland purposely closes a new E Ticket several hours before park closing time. That was never how Disneyland worked in the past, but appears to be a sneaky benefit to the Boarding Group operation.

Final graph for Monday, January 20th, Reverend Martin Luther King Day....

just a note. Although boarding groups aren’t being called, ride is still open until park close. They are only calling enough groups to fill the time window (with queuing etc.) until closing, so cut off will Always be early as they accommodate everyone from the last few groups called and any groups that didn’t scan in due to downtime.

rsm

Was in group 104...Just made it apparently! We were called at around 840. Got out of the ride around 955 just as the fireworks were going off. Kylo was on B mode. Everything else seemed to be working great.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Ok so i came across this video tonight and I found it very interesting. I have been going to Disneyland my whole life, we all have. Normally when you get in for the day people are usually walking through the tunnels under the railway to enter main street. There may be a few who exit the park for some reason. By midday you got a good mix of people coming and going. But usually the only time you see a max exodus is at park close. Well this video was from yesterday and right after all the boarding groups are gone tons of people are leaving the park at once.

Never seen this before. So either they are APs who didn't get a boarding group and are upset and leaving or they are APs who got their group and plan on coming back or they are the general public who paid for a day's ticket and decided to leave when they didn't get their boarding group. I can't see a normal person dropping serious cash just to walk out. But doss this video show that boarding groups were mistakes??? Its at the end of the video. I think i got it queued up to where it occurs. Check it out. Let me know what you think. If not it starts around the 10 minute 30 seconds

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ok so i came across this video tonight and I found it very interesting. I have been going to Disneyland my whole life, we all have. Normally when you get in for the day people are usually walking through the tunnels under the railway to enter main street. There may be a few who exit the park for some reason. By midday you got a good mix of people coming and going. But usually the only time you see a max exodus is at park close. Well this video was from yesterday and right after all the boarding groups are gone tons of people are leaving the park at once.

Never seen this before. So either they are APs who didn't get a boarding group and are upset and leaving or they are APs who got their group and plan on coming back or they are the general public who paid for a day's ticket and decided to leave when they didn't get their boarding group. I can't see a normal person dropping serious cash just to walk out. But doss this video show that boarding groups were mistakes??? Its at the end of the video. I think i got it queued up to where it occurs. Check it out. Let me know what you think. If not it starts around the 10 minute 30 seconds

Why would anyone in their right mind hang out in Disneyland? That old worn-out park has nothing to do in it. This just shows that there is high demand for all things Star Wars, but it is DL that is dragging the whole thing down if it can't entice people who've entered to stay. DL a ghost town this past Summer? Whose fault is that if the majority of the park can't attract guests?

It's high time those tired lands of fantasy, tomorrow, frontier, and adventure be replaced by attractions that will capture the attention of people who came out for Star Wars. What DL needs are lands based on Frozen, Toy Story, and Avatar.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Why would anyone in their right mind hang out in Disneyland? That old worn-out park has nothing to do in it. This just shows that there is high demand for all things Star Wars, but it is DL that is dragging the whole thing down if it can't entice people who've entered to stay. DL a ghost town this past Summer? Whose fault is that if the majority of the park can't attract guests?

It's high time those tired lands of fantasy, tomorrow, frontier, and adventure be replaced by attractions that will capture the attention of people who came out for Star Wars. What DL needs are lands based on Frozen, Toy Story, and Avatar.
You're not making any sense at all mate

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

You're interpreting the mass exodus from DL as a problem with SWL or RotR.

Maybe it's a problem with DL that no one, once they're there and find out they can't ride RotR (at least, for now), don't want to stay in DL. That's a lot of disinterest in staying in the world's premier park.
No I am not. I never said that. I posted a video of a mass amount of people leaving the park after all boarding groups were gone because I have never seen this before. And i asked does this mean boarding groups were a bad thing. I never said or hinted I thought it was a problem with Star Wars Town or Rise. You are reaching on that one. Simply shared a video of a event that actually happened that is not the norm for that time of day and asked a question

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
No I am not. I never said that. I posted a video of a mass amount of people leaving the park after all boarding groups were gone because never seen this before. And i asked does this mean boarding groups were a bad thing. I never said or hinted I thought it was a problem with Star Wars Town or Rise. You are reaching on that one. Simply shared a video of a event that actually happened that is not the norm for that time of day and asked a question

You were certainly implying something..

But doss this video show that boarding groups were mistakes???

I can't see a normal person dropping serious cash just to walk out.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

You were certainly implying something..
I did not imply anything. I posted a pretty interesting and shocking video and threw some possible suggestions as to why. You are really reaching there saying i am implying star wars land or rise is bad for disneyland when i didnt say that and thats not how i feel.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I did not imply anything. I posted a pretty interesting and shocking video and threw some possible suggestions as to why. You are really reaching there saying i am implying star wars land or rise is bad for disneyland when i didnt say that and thats not how i feel.

I agree how shocking it is that once people are in DL they have no desire to stay there if they can't ride RotR. You're completely correct!

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I agree how shocking it is that once people are in DL they have no desire to stay there if they can't ride RotR. You're completely correct!
I never said "they have no desire". Putting words into my mouth much? I see what you trying to do. You are trying to get me to say something controversial about the park or ride and I am shutting your butt down. Stop it. Its not cool man. You are not gonna get what you want me to say. Me posting a video about a event that actually happened and asking a question about the validity of the boarding group way of running capacity for the ride is not me implying on some sly way that i think disneyland or rise or star wars land are bad. You may be projecting more of yourself into it. Knock it off. You are not gonna get the answer you want from me. You think you are being clever with your passive agressiveness and sarcasim but there's nothing clever about you. I am done with your narrative.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Not true.

In fact, I’d be curious to know who here (sub-forum regulars) has been consistently visiting Disneyland since babyhood.
You dont know my history with the park. I am so cal born and raised and have been to disneyland alot in my life. Since i moved away from cali the visits have not been as frequent to the park as I would like but I try to stay as updated on most things as i can. Occassionally i learn new things from this form like the picture taking thing but you are no one to say "not true" to me about my history with the park.

Californian Elitist

You dont know my history with the park. I am so cal born and raised and have been to disneyland alot in my life. Since i moved away from cali the visits have not been as frequent to the park as I would like but I try to stay as updated on most things as i can. Occassionally i learn new things from this form like the picture taking thing but you are no one to say "not true" to me about my history with the park.

Lordt.🤦🏾‍♀️

Please re-read what you wrote, then re-read my response. You said “we all have” been visiting Disneyland our whole life. Who is “we?” I never said YOU haven’t been going your whole life. I insinuated that it’s not true that WE ALL have been going our whole life.

Again, who is “we?”

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Lordt.🤦🏾‍♀️

Please re-read what you wrote, then re-read my response. You said “we all have” been visiting Disneyland our whole life. Who is “we?” I never said YOU haven’t been going your whole life. I insinuated that it’s not true that WE ALL have been going our whole life.

Again, who is “we?”
I overreacted. I apologize to you. I was on the defense mode after talking to a fellow poster and my sensativity and defense got taken out on you as a side effect. Again I apologize. Plus its early and going on little sleep.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom