Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I am sitting at Center Ice in the City's Suite watching the Ducks game.

I can report that every ticket holder was allowed to sit in a seat and watch the game, from start to finish if they so desired.

How many Disneyland Guests got to say they enjoyed Rise before Dawn? 20%???

How many people bought a ticket exclusively for RotR?

Californian Elitist

It’s Disney’s fault regarding the popcorn buckets. They started the AP-only popcorn buckets and now APs have gotten used to limited edition buckets in general and will happily wait in line for them.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It’s Disney’s fault regarding the popcorn buckets. They started the AP-only popcorn buckets and now APs have gotten used to limited edition buckets in general and will happily wait in line for them.

That makes no sense...

just creating them doesn't create the demand for them. It's still this AP fixation with 'limited' merch... that goes back to at least the Pin trading era.

The popcorn buckets manufactured craze was borrowed from Tokyo AFAIK

Californian Elitist

So there is a successful product.. and you think Disney should stop it... because... APs can't help themselves?

Nowhere did I say Disney should stop selling successful products.

I insinuated that Disney willfully creates exclusive and limited merchandise for the Disneyland annual passholders. I’ve seen some get irritated that some APs will stand in long lines for merchandise, but Disney feeds into the obsession. Be annoyed with Disney, not the fans.

That’s all.

RobWDW1971

Some would say we have no lives because we spend time on the internet talking about Disneyland.

Whatever floats people’s boats.🤷🏾‍♀️ I try not to judge, as hard as it is.
We absolutely have no lives as we spend our time talking about amusement parks on discussion boards - I at least acknowledge it and embrace it.

But If you are standing in an hour line for a popcorn bucket to add to your collection, you need to do some real soul-searching.

#tiersofshame

DanielBB8

We absolutely have no lives as we spend our time talking about amusement parks on discussion boards - I at least acknowledge it and embrace it.

But If you are standing in an hour line for a popcorn bucket to add to your collection, you need to do some real soul-searching.

#tiersofshame
Because it should not be embraced? It’s tangible unlike typing your thoughts into a discussion board.

Emmanuel

Group 141 looks to be the final boarding group called tonight

IMG_3671.PNG

TP2000

Thanks @Emmanuel ! Today was a much better day than yesterday.

I'm taking a break after making my famous Neiman-Marcus Dip for the Super Bowl party tomorrow, and here's today's timeline...

8am: Disneyland opens
8:30am: Star Wars: Rise Before Dawn opens with BG 1 to 11
10:35am: Ride breaks down at BG 39
11:50am: Ride reopens at BG 40
3:00pm: Ride breaks down at BG 78
3:35pm: Ride reopens at BG 79
8:30pm: Ride closes for the night at BG 141
12 Midnight: Disneyland closes for the night

Saturday 2/1: First BG Called at 8:30am, Last BG #141 called at 8:30pm, 2 Hours Breakdown, 11 Hours Operation

bokeh_plot (4).png

And if there's anyone out there scrambling tonight on what to bring to a Super Bowl party tomorrow, I highly recommend bringing a bowl of Neiman-Marcus Dip (AKA "Million Dollar Dip" for chefs and bloggers who don't want to run afoul of the Neiman-Marcus lawyers, but it was invented at the Zodiac Room at Neiman-Marcus in downtown Dallas in 1958 and still served there to this day). It's very easy, you probably already have all the ingredients in your fridge and pantry, and all you need to do is put it in a nice bowl on a stylish marble slab or a teak serving platter with a box of Ritz crackers splayed around it and you will be feted and praised endlessly by half time!

Last edited:

BrianLo

So this is really not worth circulating now, since its placement on Youtube makes it a non-starter...

Basically they huffed it over to the FP distribution and were the first in line for the physical machine. The physical machine spits out tickets fairly instantly (therefore they got 1), but of course if you aren't at it, it's kind of a pointless endeavour. Not to mention they were first in line at the gate and first in line at rope drop and still ran (clearly not worth the stress).

It does answer my question about where exactly boarding group 1 was going since we've never had a report on the DHS thread of someone securing it.

But again I'll re-iterate, it's now up on Youtube. So you will be easily competing with 50 other bloggers (and 300 locals) to be first in line at one of two machines now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom