Star Wars Launch Bay coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios later this year

mm52200

Once again, I'll have to wait until I see the Launch Bay in person but I feel like aside from the Star Wars connection, this is a downgrade compared to the Animation attraction, even at it's tired state near the end of its life. Atleast Animation still had the drawing classes, the Mushu film, and multiple characters, Mickey, Minnie, Baymax, Hiro and just a few months prior the Incredibles still met there. But Launch Bay just seems to be the gallery space, some Disney Infinity kiosks, and two character meet and greets. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Donaldfan1934

Once again, I'll have to wait until I see the Launch Bay in person but I feel like aside from the Star Wars connection, this is a downgrade compared to the Animation attraction, even at it's tired state near the end of its life. Atleast Animation still had the drawing classes, the Mushu film, and multiple characters, Mickey, Minnie, Baymax, Hiro and just a few months prior the Incredibles still met there. But Launch Bay just seems to be the gallery space, some Disney Infinity kiosks, and two character meet and greets. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
While despite being a temporary attraction, it takes away from the park's variety. It used to be that you had the one side of the park devoted to Star Wars and the other to animation. Now its just Star Wars. From moves like this, I can already tell that Disney's exploitation of Star Wars will be more heavy handed than Frozen ever was or will be. I'm still excited to see it none the less.

Last edited:

mm52200

Well despite being a temporary attraction, it takes away from the park's variety. It used to be that you had the one side of the park devoted to
I just still have a hard time imagining why they couldn't put this where Watto's Grotto is, or the empty Jack Sparrow soundstage, or even use the new Sunset Showcase location for this AND keep the fairly popular animation attraction still.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Well despite being a temporary attraction, it takes away from the park's variety. It used to be that you had the one side of the park devoted to Star Wars and the other to animation. Now its just Star Wars. From moves like this, I can already tell that Disney's exploitation of Star Wars will be more heavy handed than Frozen ever was or will be.

Some call building an entire land for Star Wars, exploitation. I prefer to use the term, awesomeness.

As for launch bay, it is what it was meant to be. A preview area, a walkthrough, a museum of Star Wars props. With some interactive elements and M&G's mixed in.

Piebald

From the pictures looks like you can also meet Jawas which is cool. I hope they have more characters than just Chewbacca and Vader. Just having those two will make the lines outrageous. At least throw in some stormtroopers and aliens and give it more life.

French Quarter

Isn't that basically what it was intended to be? It was never billed as a headliner.

gmajew

Premium Member
Being a huge Star Wars Fan this stuff looks awesome! I will enjoy walking through it and reading the info cards just like I did with One Mans Dream. My kids are going to love it... Nice addition but we loved the animation stuff as well so it is a net 0 for us.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I've seen photos of Stormtroopers outside by the line so they're there too.

Can't say you were wrong in this case. But at the same time it's a thrown together exhibit. I shouldn't have had any real expectations.

Star Wars is probably the biggest cross generational cultural experience of our time, I like it but i'm not a SW Fanboi - That being said it deserved FAR more than Disney has given us on either coast. (DW is a SW Fangurl).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom