Star Wars Land

Sped2424

And imagine the disappointment from them if its only a restaurant and meet and greets

I think disney knows what they have on their hands and this time they know that the bare minimum aint gonna cut it. I expect a new updated star tours, a new original e ticket perhaps to tie with the new ? and some sort of new shopping experiences and other various places, let potter have house robes and wands, and star wars land have light sabers and jedi robes. They literally have the cash cow equivalent of potter with a far broader audience generation wise. I really think they are gonna take this to the next level.

PhotoDave219

Literally every news site is reporting this with excitement. (To no one's shock but TDO)

The "no brainer"-ness of this idea coupled with fan and media fervor clearly tells me that this won't be announced at D23 ... come on TDO won't make it that easy.

... and they're all quoting the same article by Niles. Now others on these forums have a tad more faith in him, but I find hokey articles and ancient rumors to be no match for a good blaster by my side.

I want this to be true, but I'm going to remain skeptical until we get better sourcing on this.

CinematicFusion

Star Wars land will happen at some point...hope it is soon.
When it does happen, hope Disney thinks outside the box a little on this one.

1. Would like the imagineers to create a new mythical Star Wars land full of color. Maybe a blending of multiple worlds in it's theme.
2. As cool as Tatoonie is on screen, not sure how fun it would be to walk through nothing but brown sandy colors in the middle of July in Florida. You will really get the feeling of being on a dessert planet then....hope they factor in shade! Just think the Land could use more color. Also, if they build Cars Land...that is a lot of brown rock structures in the park.
3. We would all like to see a major E-Ticket ride for the granddaddy of blockbuster movies. Maybe a thrilling roller coaster or a Dark Ride using the latest tech that dives into the battle of good vs. evil. Whatever it is, needs to be total immersion.
4. On That note...how about a laser, wonderful world of color, John williams Star Wars themed night show. I think this would be an amazing show to transport the audience into the power of myth...get goosebumps thinking about listening to the scores of Williams timed the the imagination of Disney.

WED99

I'm confused and don't really have the time to read through this entire thread, can someone just clear this up for me.

Has Star Wars Land been announced or are we discussing a rumor?

bhg469

I'm confused and don't really have the time to read through this entire thread, can someone just clear this up for me.

Rumor but from what I gather its happening but this article IMO is just someone acting on rumors and may have hit a few truths. Which makes him look smart but really, who here didn't think star wars wouldn't expand when the buyout happened?

As far as this being compared to potter? There are still star wars movies being made so its only getting bigger.

Skibum1970

I think disney knows what they have on their hands and this time they know that the bare minimum aint gonna cut it. I expect a new updated star tours, a new original e ticket perhaps to tie with the new ? and some sort of new shopping experiences and other various places, let potter have house robes and wands, and star wars land have light sabers and jedi robes. They literally have the cash cow equivalent of potter with a far broader audience generation wise. I really think they are gonna take this to the next level.

Star Tours was just updated last year and so that is probably off the table. I completely agree that a new e-ticket has to be part of the redo. Anything less is a waste. DLP announced a Star Wars land last year (I think) that turned out to be just a meet-n-greet, restaurant build-up around Star Tours. Ho-hum.

SJN1279

Star Tours was just updated last year and so that is probably off the table. I completely agree that a new e-ticket has to be part of the redo. Anything less is a waste. DLP announced a Star Wars land last year (I think) that turned out to be just a meet-n-greet, restaurant build-up around Star Tours. Ho-hum.
I am hoping for a restaurant, indoor Jedi Academy show starring Yoda/Vader, and perhaps added scenes to Star Tours to tie in with Star Wars 7 in 2015. I think a new E ticket should happen, but it needs to be based on the new trilogy and happen later down the line.

G00fyDad

1. Would like the imagineers to create a new mythical Star Wars land full of color. Maybe a blending of multiple worlds in it's theme.
2. As cool as Tatoonie is on screen, not sure how fun it would be to walk through nothing but brown sandy colors in the middle of July in Florida. You will really get the feeling of being on a dessert planet then....hope they factor in shade! Just think the Land could use more color. Also, if they build Cars Land...that is a lot of brown rock structures in the park.
3. We would all like to see a major E-Ticket ride for the granddaddy of blockbuster movies. Maybe a thrilling roller coaster or a Dark Ride using the latest tech that dives into the battle of good vs. evil. Whatever it is, needs to be total immersion.
4. On That note...how about a laser, wonderful world of color, John williams Star Wars themed night show. I think this would be an amazing show to transport the audience into the power of myth...get goosebumps thinking about listening to the scores of Williams timed the the imagination of Disney.

There is one reason they will not go with a new mythical Star Wars theme....................recognition. They will not build this land around anything that is not immediately identifiable as Star Wars. What I mean is that the entire theme has to fit into people's general idea of what the Star Wars universe looks like. Otherwise it just becomes another vibrantly colored world with some Star Wars-ish type stuff thrown in. They may add in some of the themes from the newer movies coming out, but my bet is that they are going to go full on Wizarding World of Harry Potter and make a Tatooine area with the Mos Eisley Spaceport. Shops, attractions (a coster of some sort), a spaceport (Star Tours), and an eatery (Mos Eisley Cantina).

Mister Boo

Could this be an intentional leak so TWDC can see the reaction/want for a Star Wars land?

I don't know but now that this idea is in the water supply beyond sites like these, hopefully it raises expectations. If Disney had, without much fanfare, slightly expanded the area around Star Tours to add an eatery and an Enchanted Tales with Jar Jar, it would be disappointing but, as usual, few would notice or raise a stink. But now people are--fairly or not--expecting a Star Wars land. TDO doesn't really care about visitor and fan disappointment, but it might at least provide a more potent strain of it. Glad this went viral. Your move, corporate overlords.

PeterAlt

Literally every news site is reporting this with excitement. (To no one's shock but TDO)

The "no brainer"-ness of this idea coupled with fan and media fervor clearly tells me that this won't be announced at D23 ... come on TDO won't make it that easy.
Speechless.

PeterAlt

That was amazing. I wish the directing style of the new films would be like that but I have a feeling the style will mimic that of Star Trek because its the same director.

ChevisMickey

2. As cool as Tatoonie is on screen, not sure how fun it would be to walk through nothing but brown sandy colors in the middle of July in Florida. You will really get the feeling of being on a dessert planet then....hope they factor in shade! Just think the Land could use more color. Also, if they build Cars Land...that is a lot of brown rock structures in the park. I was thinking the same thing.

CinematicFusion

There is one reason they will not go with a new mythical Star Wars theme....................recognition. They will not build this land around anything that is not immediately identifiable as Star Wars. What I mean is that the entire theme has to fit into people's general idea of what the Star Wars universe looks like. Otherwise it just becomes another vibrantly colored world with some Star Wars-ish type stuff thrown in. They may add in some of the themes from the newer movies coming out, but my bet is that they are going to go full on Wizarding World of Harry Potter and make a Tatooine area with the Mos Eisley Spaceport. Shops, attractions (a coster of some sort), a spaceport (Star Tours), and an eatery (Mos Eisley Cantina).

I'm fine with tatoonie if it happens but I do wish lucasfilm and the imagineers created a small town taken over by imperial forces on some lush tropical planet. (You can have amazing rock work, along with lush trees and waterfalls, mixed in with cool star wars type building structures) add animatronic dinasaur creatures of starwars with the mechanical spaceships, along with imperial troopers marching around and I guarantee you the audience would be completely transported into the world of Star Wars in the time between Sith and Jedi. Add a restaurant, meet and greet, shops, an e-ticket along with star tours and you have the potter swatter along with an original starwars world you can only experience if you go to Disney.

I think tatoonie is cool but the color palette just isn't there for me. I want the land to be beautiful and pop visually.

PeterAlt

I was going to say 'let's defreeze Walt and get his opinion on that matter', but since he's not really frozen, we can do that next best thing. We can ask his son-in-law and former Disney CEO Ron Miller - who has been quiet ever since he was fired after having the top Disney job for not even a year in 1984. Understandably he felt disgraced after Disney's board voted unanimously to have him removed and replaced by Michael Eisner that he was quiet for good reason, but enough time has past for him to speak up...

PeterAlt

We're discussing a rumor that for some strange reason is being reported by the news.

G00fyDad

I'm fine with tatoonie if it happens but I do wish lucasfilm and the imagineers created a small town taken over by imperial forces on some lush tropical planet. (You can have amazing rock work, along with lush trees and waterfalls, mixed in with cool star wars type building structures) add animatronic dinasaur creatures of starwars with the mechanical spaceships, along with imperial troopers marching around and I guarantee you the audience would be completely transported into the world of Star Wars in the time between Sith and Jedi. Add a restaurant, meet and greet, shops, an e-ticket along with star tours and you have the potter swatter along with an original starwars world you can only experience if you go to Disney.

I think tatoonie is cool but the color palette just isn't there for me. I want the land to be beautiful and pop visually.

I understand, and if they go that route then they would likely pattern it after Naboo, but Tatooine is the most recognizable Star Wars landscape and that is the reason I feel that they will go with that planet.

CinematicFusion

I understand, and if they go that route then they would likely pattern it after Naboo, but Tatooine is the most recognizable Star Wars landscape and that is the reason I feel that they will go with that planet.

If they do tatoonie, cars land might not be happening. Might Be Pixar place with a Cars dark ride. Putting both Radiator springs and tatoonie in the same park is a ton of brown rock work.

G00fyDad

If they do tatoonie, cars land might not be happening. Might Be Pixar place with a Cars dark ride. Putting both Radiator springs and tatoonie in the same park is a ton of brown rock work.

Yes, I can see your point and I think that Disney has taken Cars off of the table for DHS after asking the public (in oh so subtle ways) "What would you rather have, Carsland, or a Star Wars Land?" and being responded to with.....

"STAR WARS LAND!!!!!!" :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom