Star Wars Land vs Wizarding World

Joesixtoe

After walking around the lands in Animal kingdom, the performers did impact each land and made it feel more alive. Animal kingdom isn't my favorite, but they sure do make you feel like your in the world that they are trying to theme for. Even dinoland, yep I said it.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
After walking around the lands in Animal kingdom, the performers did impact each land and made it feel more alive. Animal kingdom isn't my favorite, but they sure do make you feel like your in the world that they are trying to theme for. Even dinoland, yep I said it.

What kind of character performers are there in Dinoland?

Minnesota disney fan

The original poster asked, " WWoHP vs SWGE.
An answer to that question should not bother some one to the extent that person has to react to every post, IMO.
We all have opinions, and the question was brought up and answered. I don't care how many times SW opens up with major rides, I for one will always like HP much more. It goes back to immersion and the love of the movies and books. Others obviously pick SW for the same reasons. No need for argument, IMO. Peace:)

JusticeDisney

The original poster asked, " WWoHP vs SWGE.
An answer to that question should not bother some one to the extent that person has to react to every post, IMO.
We all have opinions, and the question was brought up and answered. I don't care how many times SW opens up with major rides, I for one will always like HP much more. It goes back to immersion and the love of the movies and books. Others obviously pick SW for the same reasons. No need for argument, IMO. Peace:)
Nobody is arguing. At least, I’m not. I am simply stating my opinion that it seems silly to me to judge a land before it is even completely open, especially when the part that isn’t open yet is going to easily be the biggest draw in the entire land. Peace.

Joesixtoe

Nobody is arguing. At least, I’m not. I am simply stating my opinion that it seems silly to me to judge a land before it is even completely open, especially when the part that isn’t open yet is going to easily be the biggest draw in the entire land. Peace.
I agree.... plus it's really hard to not judge all of potter world to the beginnings of GE.

General Mayhem

I agree.... plus it's really hard to not judge all of potter world to the beginnings of GE.
Disney has had almost 10 years to come up with a response to Potter and each "response" has been more or less lackluster. The Wizarding World keeps growing and getting better with each new addition. I don't see Galaxy's Edge growing like Potter has, especially when the response to it has been mixed at best. I don't think RotR is going to magically fix the problem either, the damage has already been done. It doesn't help that Star Wars as a franchise is in big trouble at the moment even though Disney doesn't like to admit it. I still can't believe they based this land off a location that has yet to be seen in any form of media yet. After the disaster of Last Jedi which largely caused the failure of Solo it will be interesting to see what happens with Episode 9. It's a great thing that I'm not a Star Wars fan, and I can fully enjoy the franchise going down in flames.

General Mayhem

You should not wish something that is high quality to flop. Galaxy's Edge, what relatively little there is of it, looks phenomenal and very elaborate.

Save those wishes for the lackluster, uninspiring offerings that scream "CHEAP" like its direct neighbor.
High Quality? Hmm... High budget yes, high quality no. Just because it's glamorous and "looks phenomenal" doesn't mean it's immune from criticism. Galaxy's Edge may not be cheap but it is extremely hollow and fails to connect with the target audience it was made for. I as an American can wish and enjoy whatever I please to as long as I am not breaking the law. So I wish for Galaxy's Edge to continue to fail and make Disney learn from it's mistakes in hopes for something better.

JusticeDisney

High Quality? Hmm... High budget yes, high quality no. Just because it's glamorous and "looks phenomenal" doesn't mean it's immune from criticism. Galaxy's Edge may not be cheap but it is extremely hollow and fails to connect with the target audience it was made for. I as an American can wish and enjoy whatever I please to as long as I am not breaking the law. So I wish for Galaxy's Edge to continue to fail and make Disney learn from it's mistakes in hopes for something better.
All you are doing is speculating. You don’t have the first clue whether this land will connect with its target audience. Indeed, the fact that you think this land was intended only for Star Wars diehards is laughable. Almost as laughable as you proclaiming that it is low quality when it isn’t even completely opened yet. Keep posting though, it’s definitely entertaining!

Goofyernmost

Again, you are creating this overwhelming majority scenario. Perhaps, majority, but I truly question the overwhelming part. I know why it is happening, but please, there is quite a difference between restaurants and hotel rooms when compared to open outdoor areas. So many people my age were constantly bombarded with smoke everywhere. In the 50's everybody smoked including people that were hospitalized, in fact the hospitals sold cigarettes to them. In 1977, I had my wisdom teeth removed and had to stay overnight. I had slept all day during the procedure and was wide awake all night walking the halls of the hospital smoking. We lived in homes and rode in closed cars with parents puffing away for hours and hours and I don't know of one person that I knew that is currently my age that has been killed by the demon second hand smoke. Some have died, but not from smoke related problems. OK, so you folks won, I generally think that it is a good thing. What bothers me is how people have no concern about how difficult it is for those that haven't been able to quit yet. I don't suppose that considering the way the world is today that should surprise me though.

cheezbat

Hmmm....

I see it’s in your name and obviously there’s no point in debating with you since you clearly are a Disney fan and seem to dislike Universal and no matter what anyone else says, they’re wrong and you’re right.
You’re entitled to your opinion, as am I, as well as everyone else on this forum. That being said, I love Disney but honestly after what I’ve seen at Galaxy’s Edge, the Potter stuff still seems to be superior. I also actually think I might like Pandora better than Galaxy’s Edge...

I’ll still hold my final verdict till December when I ride Rise of the Resistance...

Marc Levin

Wizarding World was made specifically for Diehard Potter fans from the start. I think that might be the entire point of basing anything of off a majorly popular IP and why GE is failing. My point has been made again.

What's in there specifically for "die-hard fans" only? Like most people I've seen most of the movies and read some of the books a long time ago, but have no desire to do so again. Hardly a fan, let alone a "die-hard" one. Given that, I was genuinely impressed by the attention to detail and immersion in Wizarding World, they did an absolutely outstanding job of it.

Maybe if I was really into the franchise I'd have got even more out of it, but I was happy enough with the experience as it was.

And that's without buying a $55+tax "interactive wand" (lol). The way they did merchandising puts some of Disney to shame.

Last edited:

I am Timmy

I have a question. Why did Disney make a Star Wars land with little direct tie-ins to the movies, then invite all the actors from the original trilogy to "grand open" GE in DL? Where were the actors from the new movies? Genuinely curious if anyone knows, because I don't get it.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
What's in there specifically for "die-hard fans" only? List most people I've seen most of the movies and read some of the books a long time ago, but have no desire to do so again. Hardly a fan, let alone a "die-hard" one. Given that, I was genuinely impressed by the attention to detail and immersion in Wizarding World, they did an absolutely outstanding job of it.

Maybe if I was really into the franchise I'd have got even more out of it, but I was happy enough with the experience as it was.

And that's without buying a $55+tax "interactive wand" (lol). The way they did merchandising puts some of Disney to shame.
At 14 acres, SWGE better be good, it takes up a huge amount of real estate in DL..and not much in attractions.
And here is my biggest gripe...taken from a review I read.
"Disney very much needs something that makes kids feel like they can join the Resistance or be a Jedi. Right now, the only guests who can really do that are the ones paying $200 for a lightsaber at Savi’s Workshop. Most families aren’t about to do that with their toddlers and preschoolers."

Marc Levin

"Disney very much needs something that makes kids feel like they can join the Resistance or be a Jedi. Right now, the only guests who can really do that are the ones paying $200 for a lightsaber at Savi’s Workshop. Most families aren’t about to do that with their toddlers and preschoolers."

They already have that in Hollywood Studios.

It's called "Jedi Training", and literally makes kids feel like a Jedi for half an hour, including letting them fight Darth Vader with a light sabre one on one, and is actually free to sign-up for.

It's been going for decades.

Last edited:

JusticeDisney

🤔

Hmmm....

I see it’s in your name and obviously there’s no point in debating with you since you clearly are a Disney fan and seem to dislike Universal and no matter what anyone else says, they’re wrong and you’re right.
You’re entitled to your opinion, as am I, as well as everyone else on this forum. That being said, I love Disney but honestly after what I’ve seen at Galaxy’s Edge, the Potter stuff still seems to be superior. I also actually think I might like Pandora better than Galaxy’s Edge...

I’ll still hold my final verdict till December when I ride Rise of the Resistance...
Well, you clearly haven’t read what I’ve been posting. And you also make assumptions which about me which are not true. I love both Disney and Universal and have said so many times on this forum. Indeed, I visit both properties on every single trip i take to Orlando. With that said, I never once said SWL is superior to WW. I simply pointed out that it’s ridiculous to judge a land - any land for that matter - before it has been completely opened. And you admitted that very thing in your own post when you stated that you are holding your final verdict until RotR opens. So I guess at the end of the day, if I’m wrong you’re wrong too since we are essentially saying the same exact thing

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
They already have that in Hollywood Studios.

It's called "Jedi Training", and literally makes kids feel like a Jedi for half an hour, including letting them fight Darth Vader with a light sabre one on one, and is actually free to sign-up for.

It's been going for decades.
So requiring guests to buy a $200 toy to be part of much of the fun in a whole land, with 2 rides one of which is low capacity, is a good idea?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom