Star Wars Land Opening Date Contest

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
June 30th (technically 29th), a day before a new fiscal quarter started up.

I really have zero expectation that SWL will be even previewing to anyone by the end of September, let alone be open, but hey, September 30th is a nice sounding date.
It’s possible it will be mostly done and maybe even in preview mode. I expect a long period of soft opens and/or previews. Passholder previews, DVC previews, media events. They will milk this for all it’s worth. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a month or 2 between the first people from the public to see this land and the official grand opening.

All that being said, the contest is the official opening date...I will give you better than zero, but less than 10% chance.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
June 30th (technically 29th), a day before a new fiscal quarter started up.

I really have zero expectation that SWL will be even previewing to anyone by the end of September, let alone be open, but hey, September 30th is a nice sounding date.

I agree. Unlike TSL, there is lots of interior work to do here. Lots of details.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is this true?

Referring to Rhode Island Comic-Con.
If true, congrats to @PorterRedkey

Dunno...

This is a re-gram of the original Instagram post...

Translated:

It was announced at the DisneyParks presentation in Rhode Island Comic Con, the opening date of the new Star STAR WARS area ......... 11/11/19. It's wait and see !!! Who's excited ??

Just one small problem... as far as I can tell (after a lot of internet searching), there was no DisneyParks presentation at RICC. In fact, it would be highly, highly unlikely that there would be an official DisneyParks presentation at any local comic convention.

The picture is one that was released long ago, and it's kid's play to superimpose those graphics and fonts.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

And that Instagram post is poofed.

So, obvious fake.

For the record, this is what the gram looked like:

1541290808645.png

The picture in this gram has a Facebook address, though I can't find its host. That was probably the source of the troll.

sedati

And that Instagram post is poofed.

So, obvious fake.

For the record, this is what the gram looked like:

View attachment 324074

The picture in this gram has a Facebook address, though I can't find its host. That was probably the source of the troll.
I didn't see that, I just caught it along with some posts about the local con. I also couldn't find anything to corroborate it, which is why I began with questioning its legitimacy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom