Star Wars Land Opening Date Contest

MrHappy

Just under a year from "Latest Fall" 2019, can we take a different approach to predicting the opening day for a little while?
Over/Under: November 14, 2019.

I'll take the Over. You?

Kamikaze

How so certain? Is this best case scenario with no delays?

Its not best case scenario, no. There is wiggle room built in. It won't be the week of Thanksgiving or the week prior. They won't want to mess with the opening crowds and Thanksgiving crowds. Going earlier than that is more 'mid-fall' than late fall. So its after. That means Dec 6, because later than that is too close to Christmas.

Last edited:

MrHappy

Its not best case scenario, no. There is wiggle room built in. It won't be the week of Thanksgiving or the week prior. They won't want to mess with the opening crowds and Thanksgiving crowds. Going early than that is more 'mid-fall' than late fall. So its after. That means Dec 6, because later than that is too close to Christmas.
Seems logical. I'm still surprised they are even attempting for pre New Year.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
Not looking to sway anyone’s opinions, but the free Disney Dining Plan offer for this summer and the 30% off room discounts both extend until 9/30/19. Seems likely that they are running pretty deep discounts for the pre-opening lull period.

Rogue1138

My guess is 10/4/2019.

I've been watching the promotions (I'm going in May was was hoping a deal would save me a few bucks) and they've been promoting only 1-2 months out with offers. The free DDP promotion is not only super far out, it's being offered three months early. I think they're hoping to weed people out by offering the DDP deal early plus with it being Oct they can filter some guests over to Mickey's Not So Scary and Food & Wine or even accept a few losses to Halloween Horror Nights.

lester323

So now that we know that Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge will open at DHS in “late fall” 2019 (incredibly exciting) I figured it would be as good a time as any to start a contest thread to guess the opening date. Similar to the Pandora and Toy Story Land contests only one person per date. I’ll keep a running list of guesses. If you pick a date that’s already taken I’ll give you the closest open date available. As is now tradition the winner gets absolutely nothing except for bragging rights.

Get your guesses in early before the good dates are all taken. Good luck and may the force be with you:)
10/25/2019

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom