Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

drod1985

Some additional concept art photos from @Attractions on Twitter. Great look at the Falcon queue, Hondo's droid, and what is presumably a giant screen showing the Falcon landing behind Hondo.

D35WYcaWwAAFwSv.jpg

D35WYcZWAAIYraD.jpg

D35WYikWkAEdZlp.jpg

D35WYoLXsAAJ48K.jpg

ChewbaccaYourMum

The live action film panel and Parks and Resort panels are likely to be Saturday (24th)
You would think both would be heavily sprinkled with Star Wars.

I recall two years ago at D23 they marched those attending the panel into Disneyland to be the first to see the new Fantasmic.

I'm in Anaheim until Monday 26th, so fingers crossed.

Would be great to know if that's what they're working towards as its such a major weekend in Disney's calendar.
I was in the parks panel. They gave us all lanyard passes to be able to attend the re-opening of Fantasmic on Sunday night (had to have tickets to get into the park already). It was awesome.

durangojim

I'll be at Celebration tomorrow with my family. Unfortunately we weren't able to get tickets for the Galaxy's Edge panel but we're going to try to meet/see Scott Trowbridge tomorrow afternoon. If anyone has any questions or wants specific pics please let me know and I'll do my best to try to answer or take photos!

bclane

Some additional concept art photos from @Attractions on Twitter. Great look at the Falcon queue, Hondo's droid, and what is presumably a giant screen showing the Falcon landing behind Hondo.

D35WYcaWwAAFwSv.jpg

D35WYcZWAAIYraD.jpg

D35WYikWkAEdZlp.jpg

D35WYoLXsAAJ48K.jpg
Those look incredible! Every picture that comes out completely blows my mind. The only thing I find myself wishing for with some of the pics is perhaps more plant life to add a little more color and bring in a more natural but still alien vibe...but that's probably just because Pandora has spoiled me on the "natural" beauty aspect of what Disney can do. I know there will be "green areas" and it's not like they built something like Mos Eisley (which would have been epic but very monotone). Regardless, everything they are doing has exceeded my expectations by a long shot. August can't get here soon enough!

Rteetz

I'll be at Celebration tomorrow with my family. Unfortunately we weren't able to get tickets for the Galaxy's Edge panel but we're going to try to meet/see Scott Trowbridge tomorrow afternoon. If anyone has any questions or wants specific pics please let me know and I'll do my best to try to answer or take photos!
I’ll also be there and missed out on the lottery.

Epcot_Imagineer

Don't know if this thread has this info, but from @SWGalaxysEdge over in the DL thread... The current state of RotR's ride vehicle problems, and my own take on the info ;).

...Looks like Imagineers have figured out the major wi-fi issue with the vehicles and are currently fine tuning them. (source's words - not mine)
It seems that once again the insiders here on WDWMagic were right about the issue just being a small glitch/bug, as opposed to some other websites claiming that this issue had everyone in Glendale preparing for a disaster of apocalyptic proportions... thank you for the info @SWGalaxysEdge, always good to hear!

Last edited:

BrianLo

The live action film panel and Parks and Resort panels are likely to be Saturday (24th)
You would think both would be heavily sprinkled with Star Wars.

I recall two years ago at D23 they marched those attending the panel into Disneyland to be the first to see the new Fantasmic.

I'm in Anaheim until Monday 26th, so fingers crossed.

Would be great to know if that's what they're working towards as its such a major weekend in Disney's calendar.

I was in the parks panel. They gave us all lanyard passes to be able to attend the re-opening of Fantasmic on Sunday night (had to have tickets to get into the park already). It was awesome.

This is my deep seated belief (slash hope) as well.

I just can't imagine them opening shortly after D23. Either it will be ready to force people through for previews, or it isn't truly ready until October.

It will play very, very well to that audience... and me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom