Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

drod1985

Perhaps a time frame announced at celebration? They should have at least one announcement for celebration

I wouldn't expect an announcement of each ROTR's opening dates till their respective parks have opened the rest of Galaxy's Edge. Doing so would incentivize people to wait for the later date, whereas if they hold the date till after the initial land opening they'll drive more repeat visitors.

There's plenty they could still announce at Celebration though. Tie-in media, more merch, more details on merch they've already revealed, etc.

Last edited:

totchos

I was reading an article Attractions Magazine posted about the land and in it they compared the land sizes of GE with the other thematic lands on Orlando. Can someone explain how this land appears to be so massive as compared to other lands? From what I see, its only 2 acres bigger than Pandora yet it feels like its over 4 times the size. And Hogsmeade, which is supposedly 20 acres, feels insanely tiny compared to GE yet its somehow larger??

RAXIP

I was reading an article Attractions Magazine posted about the land and in it they compared the land sizes of GE with the other thematic lands on Orlando. Can someone explain how this land appears to be so massive as compared to other lands? From what I see, its only 2 acres bigger than Pandora yet it feels like its over 4 times the size. And Hogsmeade, which is supposedly 20 acres, feels insanely tiny compared to GE yet its somehow larger??
View attachment 362925View attachment 362926
The first image is a comparison of walkable guest area only. The second is a comparison of the entire lands including rides and show buildings.

totchos

The first image is a comparison of walkable guest area only. The second is a comparison of the entire lands including rides and show buildings.
All the lands have 2 or more attractions except DA. Why does GE have so much more walkable land? From what I see, the GE attraction buildings are pretty massive so you’d think they take up just as much space in the land.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
View attachment 362925View attachment 362926

The town of Hogsmeade with all the building is just 2.5 acres. If you include the castle ride, it's 5 acres. If you add in the two coasters and the ridiculously large train queue, it's 17 acres. Don't know how they get to the announced 20 acres unless they're counting the train track path, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom