Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Surferboy567

Wow....I'm so incredibly excited for this really early opening...I'll be going in January 2020 but what's up with Rise of the Resistance?

Side Note: These exclusive videos they are showing the shareholders is making me jealous apparently a toy story 4 trailer and galaxy edge footage

ChrisI

They keep showing exclusive clips for upcoming 2019 movies...any chance they'll show (shareholders) some Episode 9 stuff...title??

Surferboy567

They keep showing exclusive clips for upcoming 2019 movies...any chance they'll show (shareholders) some Episode 9 stuff...title??

They probably all ready shown...something I wanna see all this footage, galaxy edge, toy story, endgame, episode 9....and now this Lion King scene

ChrisI

They probably all ready shown...something I wanna see all this footage, galaxy edge, toy story, endgame, episode 9....and now this Lion King scene
Hell, now they are showing something from Maleficent 2...I think they are going to show/share something about Episode 9 soon!!!

Chet Dakota

It may be because they are not the focus of the trilogy... ;)

Agree to some extent, and maybe that was the first plan, but they did not really that path. If they had, they would have focused on the Big 3 in the first one and have them turn the baton over for the 2nd and third. Heck, Poe was even supposed to die early in TFA but J.J. changed the script because he liked the character and how OI brought him to life. Instead, they decided to initially focus on each of the big 3 for each sequel movie. Han, then Luke and then Leia for the third one. Dumb for them to think that the audience would fall in love with Rey and Finn with Han, Luke and Leia running around.

The next mistake was not changing the movie after CF’s passing. I understand the sensitivity to it. But, they had at least two opportunities in the story to give her death meaning, and they passed on it. Instead, the focus remained on Luke turning his back on everyone, which is not the Luke Skywalker that GL created. And now they have to piece stuff together with Leia and hope it fits and flows.

Indy_UK

From what I'm seeing, the way this is all being rolled out seems to be the most fair way possible. Only people who won't be happy is those going early on and wanting to experience everything

Scrooged

I’m apparently one who is an outlier when it comes to TFA and TLJ. I think both are brilliant. For totally different reasons.

TFA rebooted a brand and made it fun and consequential. The TLJ took those expectations and injected a real hard life lesson into the ideal of the hero’s journey. Rarely in life do things turn out the way you plan them to- and that’s the entire point of TLJ. And while at first
I was baffled (but very entertained) as I sat in the theater watching a broken Luke, upon reflection I love his character and how his physical arc ended. Noble, mysterious and ultimately Jedi- like. Now- the film is far from perfect- but it does two things (that also spur the SJW arguments, which are silly and pointless) but it demonstrates that those who are influential are broken and flawed. Also- it reframed how the force can be used throughout the SW universe. Not to make it more accessible to ANYONE, but to make it more acceptable as a political force. It made the force a true living thing that is available to those who are able to recognize it and feel it’s power and mysticism. That doesn’t mean EVERYONE can physically use it- far from it. It just means that there is more of a blatant acceptance of it as a spiritual force within the SW galaxy. And it opens up a larger scope of how The Force can be used as a story telling device.

Just my two cents.

Communicore

Hah of course Disneyland opens theirs first. Another one in the long running tradition of Florida being copycats, even though for this one it’s a simultaneous project.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom