Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

True, but there is a such a thing as learning disabilities that can impair proper use of punctuation, grammar and syntax. Also, those whose English are not their first language. Those who type very fast and just want to deliver a message. Or those whose education is different and are simply trying to be heard. What's important to you, might be unattainable to others.
I have students with learning disabilities. I teach in an area where half my students are ESL. Please do not lecture me on what they can and cannot be taught. The failures of our K-12 education system are not due to the students.

But this is far off topic and I’ve said enough.

mdcpr

I have students with learning disabilities. I teach in an area where half my students are ESL. Please do not lecture me on what they can and cannot be taught. The failures of our K-12 education system are not due to the students.

But this is far off topic and I’ve said enough.

People can be taught and neurodiversity should be accepted. And true, off topic.

ToTBellHop

I do too. My boys may not be huge fans of the live-action movies, but put on the cartoons or Lego movies, and they'll be happy for hours.
My sons have done Jedi Training twice and LOVED it. I honestly believe the response to SWGE will end up being a blip and it will be packed soon enough. They rolled the land out in a new way to avoid overcrowding and it worked a bit too well. Using this to conclude that the franchise is dying is absurd.

ImperfectPixie

My sons have done Jedi Training twice and LOVED it. I honestly believe the response to SWGE will end up being a blip and it will be packed soon enough. They rolled the land out in a new way to avoid overcrowding and it worked a bit too well. Using this to conclude that the franchise is dying is absurd.
EXACTLY. My oldest was only able to do Training once before he aged out of eligibility...but he had a BLAST, and holy cow, the look of seriousness and concentration on his face was priceless.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
One side of the coin...

Star Wars Is Struggling to Win Over the Next Generation of Kids

Bloomberg article

It’s hard to say this, as someone who grew up pretending to be Han Solo battling Darth Vader and his stormtroopers to rescue Princess Leia. But it must be said: Kids might not be into Star Wars anymore.
Walt Disney Co.’s underwhelming theme-park attendance last quarter was the latest sign that the intergalactic saga isn’t resonating for younger generations raised on Iron Man and Fortnite. Chief Executive Officer Bob Iger was so sure fans would be blasting through the door that he had instituted a reservation system for visitors to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the new attraction at Disneyland. It turned out not to be necessary.”

There's a DL SWL thread in which the attendance there is discussed.

And there are other threads for how the movies are doing.

I'll be in Hollywood Studio's SWL in eleven days.

That is all.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You're the only one. The rest of us just want to see what the Orlando Sentinel says and then we will book plane tickets or not.

I'm waiting for Motley Fool to tell me what Wall Street speculators think before I form an opinion. Then I'll wait to see what Bloomberg and CNBC and all the analysts who missed the Great Recession say for their take.

starri42

Snagged a reservation for 12/11 at 12PM. When you search reservations just having selected "Breakfast," it appears to search starting at 6AM. Methinks Extra Extra Magic Hours will either be continuing through the fall, or back in place for Rise of the Resistance.

I may try and convince my husband to get in early to do the rides, and then go back to wander around the shops. I don't really care about building a lightsaber, but I do kind of want to build a droid.

CinematicFusion

There's a DL SWL thread in which the attendance there is discussed.

And there are other threads for how the movies are doing.

I'll be in Hollywood Studio's SWL in eleven days.

That is all.

Two sides of a coin... you can choose which side you are on
1. The bloomberg article:
(Negative) Star Wars Is Struggling to Win Over the Next Generation of Kids
Bloomberg article

2. (Positive) NO, GEN Z IS NOT KILLING STAR WARS
Ad Age Link

Remember....it's all related (Movies are the reason Galaxy's Edge is built) and everyone has an opinion. These are two of them.

Time will tell. My gut is TV series like "The Mandalorian" is the furture for Star Wars... and for most things. A better story can be told on TV now then in the theater. Better stories bring in the fans and the loyalty for the new characters. Just my opinion.
The success or failure of the movies will carry over into Galaxy's Edge....again, just my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom