Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Surferboy567

Little off topic but...they plan on selling that rise poster correct? That poster needs to be framed on my wall, that’s masterful artwork and gets me even more excited for Rise.

Bleed0range

You know I was thinking today. The real secret to Harry Potter’s success was that there was a lot of love and care behind it... and from the creator. J.K. Rowling demanded it be on this level and of this quality. She told them go back and make it better because she cared about it feeling authentic.

Star Wars land as described from Star War’s creator who has largely been shut out of any decisions on the franchise is, “Well.... it could’ve gone very wrong. But it didn’t. *shrug*”

Galaxy’s Edge’s biggest problem is it was made solely as a cash grab to create synergy. That isn’t actually where the heart of the Wizarding World came from.

eddie104

You know I was thinking today. The real secret to Harry Potter’s success was that there was a lot of love and care behind it... and from the creator. J.K. Rowling demanded it be on this level and if this quality. She told them go back and make it better because she cared about it feeling authentic.

Star Wars land as described from Star War’s creator who has largely been shut out of any decisions on the franchise is, “Well.... it could’ve gone very wrong. But it didn’t. *shrug*”

Galaxy’s Edge’s biggest problem is it was made solely as a cash grab to create synergy. That isn’t actually where the heart of the Wizarding World came from.
Have you actually been to the land ?

TrainsOfDisney

Have you actually been to the land ?

No. But I can still have an opinion about it from what I know. I’ll get there when there’s more than one ride open.

As someone who has been to both, it’s pretty spot on. Many people have said that walking through the q of hogwarts is an attraction by itself. Who has said that about the Falcon? And most of the ROTR q looks like it’s outdoors, but maybe there is a cool pre show in the cave like FOP has.

And I’m mentally comparing wizarding world when it opened to Star Wars... not the fully built version we have now.

Another point... you don’t have to buy a wand to experience the wand shop.

The Pho

Actually, a lot of people have. In fact I've read many a review that said the queue was incredible, the ride was meh.

Nothing quite as immersive as getting to stare at this for 40 minutes.
5F7A156C-6D6C-4668-B896-D4B5CBDC4692.jpeg

The Pho

Backstage overflow queue excepted...
The real queue actually is pretty good. The chess room was incredible (if you don’t mind 50 people in there with you) and the Falcon was incredible. The ramp up to the second floor was neat. It’s just not long enough. You shouldn’t be going backstage for most of it when the line is only an hour long.

I think the overflow queue is hardly ever used.

I waited 70 minutes, 40 of those minutes were backstage. Not sure how often they use it but I was very disappointed by that.

Last edited:

TP2000

Nothing quite as immersive as getting to stare at this for 40 minutes. View attachment 391181

5f7a156c-6d6c-4668-b896-d4b5cbdc4692-jpeg.391181

So this view is okay for 1,388 paying customers per hour anytime the Millennium Falcon wait time goes over 45 minutes long, but you can't have music in Star Wars Land because John Williams didn't live in that galaxy? I'm so confused. And not impressed.

Bob Chapek, call your office! :facepalm:

RobWDW1971

So this view is okay for 1,388 paying customers per hour anytime the Millennium Falcon wait time goes over 45 minutes long, but you can't have music in Star Wars Land because John Williams didn't live in that galaxy? I'm so confused. And not impressed.

Sweet "on planet" shipping containers on the left there - if only I could spend my lunch eating in one of those.....

Last edited:

jt04

How can it possibly go over 45 minutes when people say it is a ghost town?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom