RSoxNo1

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I was actually assuming the latter. Does @MisterPenguin or anyone have a list of THRC and OHRC’s for WDW’s E Tickets? It’d be interesting to see where these should fall.

Here are just the E's from this thread (https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/attractions-people-per-hour-and-other-stats.939105/#post-8128460)

1521697735758.png

hpyhnt 1000

It’s a good figure to work with. One is a bit more, one a bit less.

And quite low for state of the art E tickets. Let alone being for one of the most valuable IPs on the planet. Another 1000/ hour would be more like it.

Yeah, 1750 really isn't going to cut it. That number is fine for something like Soarin', but for the brand new, high tech, "spared no expense" E ticket for one of the most popular IPs in the galaxy?

With that kind of number, they really should've kept that third attraction that was cut...

HauntedMansionFLA

Yeah, 1750 really isn't going to cut it. That number is fine for something like Soarin', but for the brand new, high tech, "spared no expense" E ticket for one of the most popular IPs in the galaxy?

With that kind of number, they really should've kept that third attraction that was cut...
How many pre-shows are there before getting to the main attraction? I thought it was reported two and it would be an attraction before the attraction ( like the stretch room at HM)

mmelka

Im nervous that the ride has a lower capacity than FOP. Think that FOP has almost been out for a year, and still consistently sees wait times over two hours. Not to mention that Avatar is not even in the same tier as Star Wars for IP. Guess I will visit in 2025...or stay on property and pray I get a FPP for Big Bird.

And seeing the 7DMT capacity does not shock me, I cant believe that Disney designs E rides with such low capacities. I think they should always be shooting for the 2K range on these rides.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
How many pre-shows are there before getting to the main attraction? I thought it was reported two and it would be an attraction before the attraction ( like the stretch room at HM)
I count at least three proper ones plus a safety briefing. The HM, Star Tours and FoP are good examples of what to expect queue wise.

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Im nervous that the ride has a lower capacity than FOP. Think that FOP has almost been out for a year, and still consistently sees wait times over two hours. Not to mention that Avatar is not even in the same tier as Star Wars for IP. Guess I will visit in 2025...or stay on property and pray I get a FPP for Big Bird.

And seeing the 7DMT capacity does not shock me, I cant believe that Disney designs E rides with such low capacities. I think they should always be shooting for the 2K range on these rides.
The problem with that is you run into theoretical maximums by ride type. A roller coaster of a certain length can only take so many guests per hour. Same thing with sim pods, boats, etc.

If you set a high GPH limit, E tickets would almost always be omnimovers or gigantic theaters.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The problem with that is you run into theoretical maximums by ride type. A roller coaster of a certain length can only take so many guests per hour. Same thing with sim pods, boats, etc.

If you set a high GPH limit, E tickets would almost always be omnimovers or gigantic theaters.
Alcatraz could have been bigger though. And more expensive obviously. Another “block zone” could have added 20-30%

Bird is already double the original capacity the kids threw together.

mmelka

I do not disagree with you in the slightest, but looking at BTMR and Dinosaur, and they both have capacities over 2,500 GPH. Maybe Disney should have made 7DMT longer so they could have more ride vehicles similar to BTMR. I am confident this attraction will be well worth any wait or getting up early to snag a FPP.

TiggerDad

Are they giving any thought to limiting how many FPs an individual can book for the new SW rides over a period of time? I keep hearing some people saying they've ridden FOP 20 times, 50 times, etc. If you limit them to 2-3 times per year using a FP, it would free up a lot of capacity for new people to experience the new rides. With a limited capacity, why should one person get to ride it 20 times, versus letting 20 different people ride?

For the lifestylers who spend every day in the parks, flame away.

JediMasterMatt

The issue of capacity is one that's always rooted deep in the ride system selected. Unfortunately, there is a perception (valid or not) that a modern E-ticket means dynamic/kinetic ride systems. That unfortunately limits the options available. For whatever reason, classic capacity heavy systems get excluded from discussion because they are perceived as being the wrong tool for the job at hand.

Going to larger RVs isn't always possible as when they become bigger the center of gravity changes as you move towards the edges. Larger RVs also introduce operational issues of feasibility and maintenance as larger means more mass and moving large, heavy objects quickly means more energy and stresses involved.

Going to more RVs isn't always practical from a show or cost perspective. There are ways to get creative with more RVs into a smaller space (like Hunny Hunt); but, it ultimately depends on the story trying to be told and if interacting with more people/things makes sense.

Disney was limited in the number of options that meet the criteria needed for the two attractions in SWL. Some of the choices available like the EMV or the TT/RSR platform couldn't be used as wheels in the SW universe aren't allowed (yes, there are expections in the Republic Troop Transport). Perhaps the best modern option for higher capacity and more kinetic motion is from Shanghai's Pirates; but, that wouldn't lend itself well to SW either.

Of the options available, the LPS RV for Alcatraz was the best choice for the job at hand there and the carousel of simulator pods for Big Bird the best way to do the Falcon's cockpit. Making the ride longer for Alcatraz and adding more carousels for Bird unfortunately wouldn't be possible due to the space constraints of Disneyland where it was designed to fit.

When I was first told both were going to be over 1600pph, I was happy because recent Parks choices were so terrible. Ultimately, I look at what we are getting to be the glass mostly full from a capacity standpoint. Adding another 800pph would've been great; but, in the long run - the quality of both attractions will be high enough to make it worthwhile.

So, the next time you are at Universal be sure to take time to appreciate how remarkable Forbidden Journey really is as a ride system (and not the projection domes they were stuck into). It is the modern Omnimover that unfortunately Disney never got a chance to play with. Just imagine amazing more attractions could be if we go more rides developed around it.

Still... I would love to see Alcatraz's dollars put into a classic Omnimover at some point.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
When I was first told both were going to be over 1600pph, I was happy because recent Parks choices were so terrible. Ultimately, I look at what we are getting to be the glass mostly full from a capacity standpoint. Adding another 800pph would've been great; but, in the long run - the quality of both attractions will be high enough to make it worthwhile..
Quality and preceived value though drops with long wait times.

I know, as it is the RVs they have and the show timing / layout is quite creative, but Alcatraz could have easily (relatively speaking) been designed to handle more. If I recall the ride has eight blocks to use a coaster terminology. A GC Way less than 2000 / hour in 2019 is quite the poor show for what should otherwise be a world class attraction. Or have standards and the bar dropped?

Last edited:

smile

So, the next time you are at Universal be sure to take time to appreciate how remarkable Forbidden Journey really is as a ride system (and not the projection domes they were stuck into). It is the modern Omnimover that unfortunately Disney never got a chance to play with. Just imagine amazing more attractions could be if we go more rides developed around it.

now that's designing for anticipated capacity
... and in such a way :jawdrop:

years passed before uni was bright enough to envision such use and gobbled it up
- lest we forget it was in an oft forgotten corner the mouse house before fj... too little, too late

GlacierGlacier

The original patent for the EMV system doesn't just limit itself to wheeled vehicles. In fact, one of the drawings was (if I remember correctly) a mechanical elephant you were riding. Just imagine the landspeeder from episode IV, lit perfectly to not display wheels below, with mechanical sounds being blasted over by sci-fi engine sounds. Unfortunately WDI has only implemented EMVs in two rides (counting IJA at DLR and TDL as one) so all everyone knows for those ride vehicles are Jeeps.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
Question for anyone who has the info: What was the proposed "transportation system" attraction that I've heard was originally planned but cut from at least the Disneyland version of SWL?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom