'Star Wars' Han Solo spinoff in the works with 'Lego Movie' writers/directors

Wendy Pleakley

Wow. A site called "Disney Star Wars is Dumb".

What brilliant insights will they provide?

"It makes one wonder if Kathleen Kennedy Weinsteined poor Alden Ehrenreich on a casting couch of her own."

"In any case, because of the rumors of a troubled production, and because of the general slide in Star Wars consumption since Disney’s feminist vision took over"

Yeah, that's not a website being run by bitter neckbeards.

I think the mere act of clicking on that link dropped my IQ by a few points.

tk924

I don't agree with everything on that site, but there are some good points made. And I expect some will not agree with it at all.
It's just another point of view that some people just can't deal with. Its all good.

Wendy Pleakley

I don't agree with everything on that site, but there are some good points made. And I expect some will not agree with it at all.
It's just another point of view that some people just can't deal with. Its all good.

It doesn't matter if there are any "good points" in a sexist and misogynist article. That is not a site that anyone with good sense should be reading or linking to.

tk924

It doesn't matter if there are any "good points" in a sexist and misogynist article. That is not a site that anyone with good sense should be reading or linking to.
Yes, that site is full of opinion but also links to a lot of factual information. And facts don't care about your feelings.

Phroobar

Rumoured details on Solo: A Star Wars Story director shake-up and Alden Ehrenreich being “just not good enough”
https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018...-alden-ehrenreich-being-just-not-good-enough/
Makes you wish that River Phoenix didn't die. He would have been perfect.

552669.jpg

AEfx

It's a better trailer than the first one. I can look past the casting for Han Solo as long as the story is good and the action entertaining.

I wish I could say the same - the new trailer just reaffirmed for me that this was the wrong movie at the wrong time. It wasn't "here is a great story we can tell!" it was "Han Solo tests highest among Star Wars characters, greenlight a movie".

Presuming they used some of the "best" of this guy's lines for the trailer, I shudder at how bad the bad stuff is. He does not resemble Harrison Ford in look, stature, voice, or anything else. If I close my eyes he sounds more like a recast of Anakin than anything else.

The new trailer also introduced another factor - Emilia Clarke. She uses the same exact voice/accent as she does as Khalissi - all I could hear is Game of Thrones (I kept waiting for her to yell, "Dracarys!"). I'm sure some talented YouTubers are already creating mash-ups as we speak.

I may see it at the Drive-in double-feature this summer if it shows up, other than that - I'll catch it when its streaming.

Jahona

He does not resemble Harrison Ford in look, stature, voice, or anything else

The problem is I can't really thing of any hollywood actor that could imitate Harrison Ford well enough to do it on screen. Even Donald Glover as Lando doesn't fit the bill for Billie Dee. I love the stuff I've seen Donald Glover in but he just lacks the charisma. There's just enough wrong with the casting that I know going into it I'll have to look past it. I'm not excusing the faults just saying I'm going to do my best to look past it to enjoy the movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom