Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - The Dark Side

disneygeek90

Last year the half didn't sell out either.

Wearing my virtual medal to the parks today. Don't care what anyone thinks. I put in the miles and I like the medal
Interesting. I remember a couple years ago I would have to be online the second they opened to grab a spot. This has to be one of the warmest runs though aside from an unusually warm W&D.

Figment82

Local news is still reporting 40% and 50%, respectively, for the weekend. Most of it seems to be coming in the form of scattered afternoon/evening showers. The real rain event will be Monday, for anyone staying in town past the weekend events. We desperately need the precipitation, but I’d rather it not fall in the early morning! Don’t want another repeat of the “Splash & Dash” W&D.

r2d2

I got back to my resort from the expo too. And now eating dinner and going to bed. Im up since 5am, so likely will fall asleep

r2d2

All together it was a good run. Even weather turned out just perfect (as I imagined it to be)
Hoping to have light showers (if any) tomorrow to cool us down. Although I would prefer no showers at all

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Were you in front of the line when waiting for them to open gate for Corral B

Corral F. I was right behind the runners holding the ribbon. And I managed to show up on camera when the guy interviewed the two runners in our corral. I know which side to stand on so you can get at the front.

LAKid53

Premium Member
My feet are sore, I've got the usual blister developing, but found these great blister patches from KT tape. Mainly tired.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Blister pads from KT tape?! I wish I had known about those!

They're like little cushiony blister pads that also help heal. Found then on Amazon when checking to see if Amazon sold the new blister prevention strips. Also found something similar made by Bandaid...

LizaMarie89

Oh cool! Am doing ok on the blister front (knocking wood) but less ok on the swollen ankle front. I really didn't want to walk the majority of tomorrow but it's looking like I may have to.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Oh cool! Am doing ok on the blister front (knocking wood) but less ok on the swollen ankle front. I really didn't want to walk the majority of tomorrow but it's looking like I may have to.

You iced when you got back? I wonder if KT tape would help stabilize. Publix now carries it.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I taped today but not well enough. Iced and soaked in Epsom salts with the plan being to ice in the morning again.

Yeah, I'll be taking a Epsom salt bath to some my legs tomorrow. Stuck my feet in what was left of the ice water in my cooler when I got back this morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom