Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - The Dark Side

AuburnBelle919

image.jpg

So happy to have finished my first official half marathon (the virtual one I did around my neighborhood)!!! My feet are tired but otherwise no sign of hip pain that I have been battling recently or shin splints! Off to Hollywood Studios after freshening up.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
View attachment 279592
So happy to have finished my first official half marathon (the virtual one I did around my neighborhood)!!! My feet are tired but otherwise no sign of hip pain that I have been battling recently or shin splints! Off to Hollywood Studios after freshening up.

Congrats! It's clean up, food and off to Animal Kingdom with the rest of the planet celebrating Earth Day and AK's 20th.

Figment82

Great job everyone! My pace was pretty awful, but all things considered, I think this 24-week preggo girl did pretty well. 😊 The weather held out, thank goodness, and the cloud cover made for decent conditions, especially compared to last year.

The only negative I experienced was the typical bottleneck between Studios and BoardWalk, with people insisting on walking on the left. And apparently the finish line spectator area was a complete cluster - my parents and husband came to watch and ended up missing me. 😕

LAKid53

Premium Member
My body is dog tired... Had the scariest flight home in that weather. Already missing the world.

Glad you got home safely.

I was going to go down to the pool at the resort this afternoon. But we spent Sunday and yesterday in the parks and dining out, so all I wanted to do today was sleep before I have to pack tonight to go home tomorrow. ☹

Texas84

So, back at work. Tired with a mild sunburn. Was pleasantly surprised to see corral A on my bib for the 10K so finished before sunrise. Felt good and finished with a decent time considering how crowded the 10Ks get even up front.

Forgot where I was when the sun rose during the half (corral B) but I was out of AK. Got to see Pandora at dark for the first time. A bit underwhelming, as others have said, but enjoyed it. Took a long walk break there to take it in. The best part of this race is still being back on the bus and seeing the stream of humanity pouring into DHS. :)

Bling at Boardwalk:
FObling.jpg

Texas84

Don't forget to post your mileage in the 'How Many Disney Miles' thread and I'll get that updated this week. Congrats everybody! Surviving that humidity was a big deal.

LAKid53

Premium Member
So, back at work. Tired with a mild sunburn. Was pleasantly surprised to see corral A on my bib for the 10K so finished before sunrise. Felt good and finished with a decent time considering how crowded the 10Ks get even up front.

Forgot where I was when the sun rose during the half (corral B) but I was out of AK. Got to see Pandora at dark for the first time. A bit underwhelming, as others have said, but enjoyed it. Took a long walk break there to take it in. The best part of this race is still being back on the bus and seeing the stream of humanity pouring into DHS. :)

Bling at Boardwalk:
View attachment 280444

I'm a tad sunburned also. But thank god it was overcast for the Half.

I now know what it's like to have that Kessel. I was stopped numerous times wandering around Epcot by curious visitors - two women chased me down to ask about it - I think they were a tad drunk, lol.. And several CMs were in awe - especially those at both SW stores in Disney Springs. And when other Kesselers spotted each other, it was like we were all part of a special fraternity.

Sure hope Disney continues offering the Virtual and Kessel Challenge until the Anaheim races return.

LAKid53

Premium Member
rD needs to do a better job policing costumes. The runner(s) in Corral A who decided to run as the balloon ladies, with the Death Star balloons, no less, almost gave those of us in Corral F through H heart attacks.... Not funny. :mad:

RunningKoen

rD needs to do a better job policing costumes. The runner(s) in Corral A who decided to run as the balloon ladies, with the Death Star balloons, no less, almost gave those of us in Corral F through H heart attacks.... Not funny. :mad:

I saw a woman on a facebook group dressed as balloon lady with a shirt saying something about it, but that was unreadable, so I didnt get the joke. I dont understand that kind of humor.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I saw a woman on a facebook group dressed as balloon lady with a shirt saying something about it, but that was unreadable, so I didnt get the joke. I dont understand that kind of humor.

Something along the lines "I'm not a Ballon Lady". And she was in one of the last corrals - we saw her a couple of times during the race. I can tell you some runners panicked when they saw her.

RunningKoen

Something along the lines "I'm not a Ballon Lady". And she was in one of the last corrals - we saw her a couple of times during the race. I can tell you some runners panicked when they saw her.

Even with that on her shirt, why would you even do that? For me, there no humor in it, only scaring and stressing others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom