News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge passholder preview notification thread

donsullivan

Premium Member
For any of you that did a Pandora preview, were you able to take pictures in the land? Do we think photos and video will be allowed during DHS GE previews since it already premiered at DL?
There were no restrictions during Passholder Preview of Pandora.

Im going to a night(ish) 5-9 session and intend to bring camera and tripod along.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
For any of you that did a Pandora preview, were you able to take pictures in the land? Do we think photos and video will be allowed during DHS GE previews since it already premiered at DL?

I took lots of pictures of Pandora during my preview. And video when I rode Navi.

Stripes

CMs are being told though that when it opens here to everyone that they will have reservations for the droids.
Hmm. I suspect the “build a droid” experience may be reservation only, but the rest of the shop will be open to guests as capacity allows. Just a guess.

Mickeyboof

Hmm. I suspect the “build a droid” experience may be reservation only, but the rest of the shop will be open to guests as capacity allows. Just a guess.

I built a droid opening day at Disneyland. It really never got too busy that day. I know it’s hard to compare the two crowds as we don’t know the capacity, but I’d bet you’d be able to build one with maybe a short/ medium wait?

There’s not too much to do, so even if there’s a line, it’d be fine!

Unbanshee

Absolutely you'll be able to take pics during SWGE previews. There were no restrictions during Pandora previews.

I bet Cast will be able to take pics during their previews too. The land has already been "seen" in Disneyland

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Map from CM preview

IMG_20190730_200048.jpg

Texas84

This wasn't clear to me from the Disneyland thread, but wondering if we can hang out and explore after our time is up?

MickeyCB

My scenario is not likely the best example of what will and will not work. I went through an absolute nightmare with the Pandora Preview where I never got the announcement email, completed a registration but never received a confirmation email and since I didn't print the web page when it completed I couldn't prove I had a reservation for the preview. Since this issue had been going on for me for nearly a decade and resulted in missing previous previews like New Fantasyland, I was determined it was going to be fixed once and for all and would not accept flippant responses and blow-offs from them this time around. I don't want to derail this thread with all the details (they are embedded in the Pandora Preview thread) but after at least 8 phone calls and easily 12 hours on the phone over the course of nearly 2 weeks they finally got my profile fixed and now I'm receiving everything the way I'm supposed to. It was an absolute battle to find the right people and get someone to acknowledge why it was happening and help me get it fixed. I tried my very best to be civil about it throughout but I really had to play the rabid dog approach and refuse to get off the phone until it was fixed and now it does work.
Rabid dog, got it!
Appreciate your advice and will try again!

donsullivan

Premium Member
I’ve recently been made aware of some new options to take a look at that might be helpful for people missing messages as well. I don’t remember seeing this before but its worth a shot. on the page at the link below, click on the Privacy Choices Website link at the end of the first block of text. It will take you to a page to make selections on what communication you want to receive from all the various parts of Disney. This feels like something finally created to allow more discrete control vs the heavy handed hard block they put in back in the early 2000’s when all this mess started.

I can obviously make no guarantees this will fix anything, for anyone but it’s worth a try.

Last edited:

Figments Friend

This wasn't clear to me from the Disneyland thread, but wondering if we can hang out and explore after our time is up?

Yes.
This was allowed at Disneyland.
Guests were allowed to stay in the land as long as they wanted after their reserved time to wander around.
:)

It may not be true at DHS however, depending on how the crowds are and what operations plans Managment has in place.
We shall see...

-

pdude81

Did anybody reserve the droid depot for their preview? I was able to get on early and it wasn't an option while just the Falcon and Oga's still was. So my assumption is that there was no option to reserve this straight out.

My son wants to build a droid so I'm wondering if others have locked it in or if it's just going to be luck of the draw on the visit day.

ToTBellHop

Did anybody reserve the droid depot for their preview? I was able to get on early and it wasn't an option while just the Falcon and Oga's still was. So my assumption is that there was no option to reserve this straight out.

My son wants to build a droid so I'm wondering if others have locked it in or if it's just going to be luck of the draw on the visit day.
It wasn’t an option.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom