News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opening day reports - Disney's Hollywood Studios

CinematicFusion

Thatā€™s a hard one to sell.

What makes a good attraction? Iā€™d say consistent, longterm appeal and the ability to stand up over time.

The falcon ride is ok...I enjoyed it. But it has low longterm potential as it stands with the story choice they made. I rode it the second time and itā€™s effect Diminishes greatly. Thatā€™s not encouraging.

Iā€™d say the ā€œbest ridesā€ since 1994...based on the criteria Iā€™ve set...are RNRC, flight of passage, Kilimanjaro...maybe Everest (broken though)...

And sometimes it just needs to be fun...midway and mine train keeps them coming...as does test track
Fun is Huge!!! Midway, Mine Train, Test Track, Everest are all fun. Thatā€™s what itā€™s all about.

ParentsOf4

You arenā€™t the only one, many many people are disappointed in Galaxyā€™s Edge and everyone has their own personal opinion.
Saw this on Yahoo...
Key Disney Parks Executive Exits Amid Lackluster Star Wars: Galaxyā€™s Edge Attendance
Rather than Guests being disappointed with GE, it could simply be that Disney's ridiculous price increases, by far the highest since the 1984 to 1988 period when Michael Eisner took charge, drove away enough Guests to severely impact the gains realized by these higher prices.

RobWDW1971

Boba Fett roaming Tomorrowland and not Star Wars Land where we are supposed to be interacting with bounty hunters....because...um...immersion...or something.

Attachments

• B5CADD34-84B5-470A-BB32-26A9CDAD9CC2.jpeg
    B5CADD34-84B5-470A-BB32-26A9CDAD9CC2.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 403

TP2000

Iā€™m a huge fan of Batuu. Make fun of the ā€œimmersionā€ all you want, I donā€™t care. This needs to go...this ruins the atmosphere for me. ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS ADD THE DROIDS AND ROAMING CHARACTERS.

Oh my God.

Tell me that's a joke. Like someone is trolling really hard with this. :banghead:

Or maybe all the managers went home early today and no one is there to tell the CM's they can't do this in the Billion Dollar New Land that IMMERSES you?

CinematicFusion

Oh my God.

Tell me that's a joke. Like someone is trolling really hard with this. :banghead:

Or maybe all the managers went home early today and no one is there to tell the CM's they can't do this in the Billion Dollar New Land that IMMERSES you?
I had some chalk in my pocket, had a few of those spiked green milks and thought... this might be my only chance at greatness and making a difference. So... the end result is what you see in the pic. Hop scotch Star Wars Style!

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Doesn't matter what I'd like, it's about the fundamentally poor creative choices they made when designing the land, which has not resonated with the masses on either coast.

They don't care at all about what I want as my "Jabba's palace Princess Leia Meet and Greet" idea has not gotten any traction. ;)

So, you're making the point -- again -- that you'd like to have the OT characters. Noted. Good day.

RobWDW1971

So, you're making the point -- again -- that you'd like to have the OT characters. Noted. Good day.

And everyone from the prequels, Clone Wars, Rogue One, and heck even Jar Jar. You know, the Star Wars universe.

Nah, why leverage 40 years of countless great characters - we've got Hondo, we're good.

Who's up for Battu hopscotch?!

Surferboy567

Oh my God.

Yeah...I really hope this is never seen again. It messes up a great chunk of the immersion. I canā€™t understand why they donā€™t just bring out the droids and characters. It would fix so many problems that people seem to have (and this is coming from someone who ADORES Batuu).

Surferboy567

Don't have them? Not ready?

We know that they have the droids at the very least. They were tested...rip poor guy (little kids trampled the poor droid).

(seriously every-time I see this video I scream CONTROL YOUR KIDS)

They also definitely have something for the characters to do (as evidenced in the Disneyland opening media event, and Disney world in the form of Hondo.

TP2000

I canā€™t understand why they donā€™t just bring out the droids and characters.

Because the Home Depot at Mall of Millenia has this tape available for $3.93 a roll? One roll would get you at least a week's worth of hopscotch. https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Scot...ti-Surface-Painter-s-Tape-2090-24EC/100085823

A couple of droids would cost at least a hundred grand, plus the living wages required to pay a puppeteer, an IT guy and a mechanic to operate and maintain them.

$3.93 for tape and only $12 an hour for the CM to put it on the ground and you are IMMERSED!

RobWDW1971

Because the Home Depot at Mall of Millenia has this tape available for $3.93 a roll? One roll would get you at least a week's worth of hopscotch. https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Scot...ti-Surface-Painter-s-Tape-2090-24EC/100085823

A couple of droids would cost at least a hundred grand, plus the living wages required to pay a puppeteer, an IT guy and a mechanic to operate and maintain them.

$3.93 for tape and only $12 an hour for the CM to put it on the ground and you are IMMERSED!

Who needs wandering aliens, droids, bounty hunters, and Jedi when you have hopscotch! Bright Suns!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom