News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opening day reports - Disney's Hollywood Studios

phi2134

Does anyone "in the know" know if corporate was interested in seeing the response to the land on the different coasts? Or could they honestly not care less?

Kevin_W

Honestly, if I was there right now, I might have gone at the 6AM opening just to say I'd been, ridden everything else, and then headed to one of the other parks and saved the actual Galaxy's Edge experience for a different day.

We did that for Pandora (minus the 6AM opening). Our flight landed on opening day and we went to AK just to see the crowds and be part of the experience for a bit. It was fun, and we then got to experience Pandora for ourselves later in the week.

matt9112

Galaxy’s Edge should have been exclusive to WDW.

Disney take notice!!! WDW will always be your golden goose crown jewel cash cow! Give it the love and attention it deserves!

They know this.....why try h
I knew it was going to be way busier than dl. Those ap blackouts really kept attendance down. Glad I got to see and enjoy the land out there. I have a feeling it's going to be packed for the foreseeable future in Florida, especially after rise opens.

Today is a bad metric we already have reports that the other three parks are dead comparatively speaking. This tells us GE is sucking guests away or that its just slow minus GE. Its not an indication of resort itself being any busier.

bclane

Between the opening days rush and the hurricane we probably won't get good picture of the "normal" wait time for another week or so.
That’s exactly what I was thinking. With a Cat 3 expected in a couple days, I wonder how many people changed their plans at the last minute. Since there’s no way of knowing, it could be a couple weeks before we have an idea how this new land will impact the parks. And then we’ll have to look at it again in Dec after RotR opens.

BoarderPhreak

Lots of variables; impending hurricane (and potential park closures), holiday weekend and opening day. Everybody in Orlando is probably trying their luck at SWGE ahead of the storm (especially anyone at WDW). Not to mention it's Thursday, not Friday. Today's no indication of any sort of norm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom