News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opening day reports - Disney's Hollywood Studios

jrhwdw

I know! I was hoping MCO would do something today! No well wishes or congrats from the other parks that I've seen. Knotts did a Congrats Tweet to DL on opening day.
Speaking of MCO, I'm surprised we haven't seen any SWGE Banners/Ads form the Airport on Twitter. Only ROE's Finale

mikejs78

Premium Member
For those there, how do the boarding groups work? Do you have to get called before lining up for MF? And how long did you wait before your boarding group is called?

trainplane3

What is the single rider wait time?
Is Fast Pass really working for the Falcon?
Almost 100% certain there is no FP for Falcon. Not sure on single rider.
MCO social media is the best! I never thought I would follow the account for longer than the last trip we had to Orlando. The have so much fun with it. :)
I can't believe I follow them over my home airport still. Great social media. Entertaining but without the cringe aka how most companies/things should do social media interaction.

Lirael

How is the ride line working with the boarding times? Like, do people enter the land then leave to go to the 200-300min line outside the SW area? What happens if someone in line reaches the land part but they don't have a boarding time, are CMs letting ppl in line in regardless of virtual land queue?

Just curious to know how it's working since the line for the attraction is outside a land where guests cant get in at will for now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As expected, Florida’s SWGE will attract huge crowds in a massive resort and the appropriate theme park. Now come on, Disney, add some rooms to that Cantina! :cool:

This doesn’t change my opinion of the land’s content, but I’m glad to see huge crowds for opening day. Crowds = necessary expansions.
If it’s too early to declare one land a “victory”...just like it was too early to declare Disneyland a “defeat”. In a Disney park, quality is Bourne out over time. As it should be.
It’s opening day on a summer holiday weekend with no AP blackouts. I’m surprised that people thought it would be empty. Let’s see what the land is like two weeks from now.
Indeed...though I don’t expect wdw crowds to be as discerning. They are basically trapped in the maze the place has become.
It was always going to have the better opening in Florida. In the park it should be in. Disneyland just blocked too many and others were too scared to go so it created the perfect storm.
I agree...but not about the “right park” stuff. If it was more popular from a build/activity standpoint...the DL crowd would be picking up.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
How is the ride line working with the boarding times? Like, do people enter the land then leave to go to the 200-300min line outside the SW area? What happens if someone in line reaches the land part but they don't have a boarding time, are CMs letting ppl in line in regardless of virtual land queue?

Just curious to know how it's working since the line for the attraction is outside a land where guests cant get in at will for now.
The Falcon line is now contained inside the land. Starting close to the Toy Story Land entry/exit within Galaxy's Edge.

wdwgreek

The park seems to be handling the crowds decently the wait times on the MDE do not seem outrageous. I will still maintain that DHS is woefully underbuilt and under capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom