News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

BrianLo

Original Poster
Of course I think Star Tours 1.0 is better than the lot, if my memory serves me correct and my glasses aren’t too rosy.

I went on it in I think 2016 in Paris (lagged way behind the rest). It was one of those things that the memory is definitely a bit more rosy than reality.

Certainly the storyline is more cohesive, but it felt very out of date.

Personally I find I rosily update media in my head. For example Philharmagic often feels like it should be a modern Pixar or WDAS movie, but when you really watch it the 3D animation is notably antiquated.

I'm glad you enjoyed the ride, despite being cynical! My expectations have obviously been pretty medium on this one (much much higher for RoTR), but was starting to get worried that Falcon might be perceived as a failure.

The one redeeming quality of ST 2.0 is that I've been on it so infrequently (maybe like 8-10 times total across all the resorts) that I still get a scene I've never seen or one I haven't seen for years and years that it still carries some novelty.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I just locked in my reservation for Oga’s Cantina this afternoon . The website for reservations opened as expected at 7AM and the process was super smooth. I had pretty much the entire day to choose from. Its way to early to see if virtual queue ends up being needed today but the Cantina reservation gives me guaranteed access either way.

Phroobar

I just locked in my reservation for Oga’s Cantina this afternoon . The website for reservations opened as expected at 7AM and the process was super smooth. I had pretty much the entire day to choose from. Its way to early to see if virtual queue ends up being needed today but the Cantina reservation gives me guaranteed access either way.
Isn't planning your time at bar a sign of alcoholism?

drod1985

How is the rest of the park?

Looks pretty chill. From the DL app -
  • 45 minutes for Smuggler's Run
  • 30 minutes for Big Thunder Mountain
  • 10 minutes for Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
  • 20 minutes for Hyperspace Mountain
  • 25 minutes for Indiana Jones
  • 25 minutes for Matterhorn Bobsleds
  • 25 minutes for Peter Pan's Flight
  • 45 minutes for Radiator Springs Racers
  • 20 minutes for Star Tours
  • 20 minutes for Soarin'

Phroobar

Looks pretty chill. From the DL app -
  • 45 minutes for Smuggler's Run
  • 30 minutes for Big Thunder Mountain
  • 10 minutes for Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
  • 20 minutes for Hyperspace Mountain
  • 25 minutes for Indiana Jones
  • 25 minutes for Matterhorn Bobsleds
  • 25 minutes for Peter Pan's Flight
  • 45 minutes for Radiator Springs Racers
  • 20 minutes for Star Tours
  • 20 minutes for Soarin'
So because of the virtual queue, Smuggler's run is really only 45 minutes but entry into the land is in 4 hour time blocks. So actually it's turning out to be a very pleasant day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom