News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

sponono88

A slideshow of 50 photos is now up at the OCRegister:

OCR-L-SW-PIX-0529-39-JAG1.jpg

I wish the embargo would apply to the pictures taken during the CM preview! I had some photos taken in front of the millenium falcon but they won't be posted online until Friday :(

Attachments

• oga.jpg
    oga.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Darkbeer1

A slideshow of 50 photos is now up at the OCRegister:

I wish the embargo would apply to the pictures taken during the CM preview! I had some photos taken in front of the millenium falcon but they won't be posted online until Friday :(

Well, how about those who had a chance for chaperoned walkthroughs prior to the CM previews... They have to wait until Friday.

Practical Pig

@britain and @Disney Irish, here is the article posted by @SSG (thanks) this morning:

Emphasis added:

There is a large portion of Black Spire Outpost between the First Order Cargo retail shop and Oga’s Cantina that is not in use. It is likely the site for a future Galaxy’s Edge expansion. Doorways in the completely constructed First Order sector of the village lead into empty buildings. These may feature as retail or restaurant locations.

“We can actually update a lot of the stories that get told or integrate new stories,” Beck said. “As much as everyone has gotten down into the details of what might be possible, I think that there are doorways that aren’t totally spoken for. There are things that exist within the land that suggest that there are stories that are still waiting to be told. Those things can be integrated with some of the stories that may go into the future.”​

The bolded section is what seems to support my earlier post on the subject. It uses plurals for "buildings" and "retail or restaurant locations." But I also have to note now that it is not part of a direct quote from a representative of WDI, and the author of the article may not have it quite right. So ... ambiguity. 🤥

TROR

Why is the Starspeeder 1000 flying around Batuu? The Starspeeder 3000 is post Jedi and I'm sure by the time of the new trilogy they're onto the Starspeeder 4000, if not 5000. WDI is run by a bunch of hacks. I'm not immersed.

This is an actual complaint of mine btw. Stupid that this is the Starspeeder 1000 and not the 3000.

Disneyhead'71

Why is the Starspeeder 1000 flying around Batuu? The Starspeeder 3000 is post Jedi and I'm sure by the time of the new trilogy they're onto the Starspeeder 4000, if not 5000. WDI is run by a bunch of hacks. I'm not immersed.

View attachment 377509

This is an actual complaint of mine btw. Stupid that this is the Starspeeder 1000 and not the 3000.
Driving aroud Ocala today, I was totally taken out of the immersiveness of things because there was someone diving around in a 2012 KIA SOUL when everyone knows they are up to the 2019 KIA SOULs now,

TROR

North Korea has military parades showing off their vast array of WWII-era planes and tanks.
Guys, my point is just that the land is set during the sequel trilogy and Star Tours is using the Starspeeder 3000 after the events of Return of the Jedi. Seeing as Rex is in the land, the original Star Tours storyline is within the land's canon. Therefore the Starspeeder 3000 should be the Starspeeder present in the Falcon ride and not the 1000. I'm being a nerd, I know, but this is the standard they've set for themselves. Also the 3000 is just a way cooler looking transport.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom