News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Mac Tonight

I can see them giving out special passes during the Parks presentation at D23 to ride ROTR. In 2017 they gave attendees special passes to see Fantasmic!, so its not entirely outside the realm of possibility.

Darkbeer1

I can see them giving out special passes during the Parks presentation at D23 to ride ROTR. In 2017 they gave attendees special passes to see Fantasmic!, so its not entirely outside the realm of possibility.

But ROTR has to be operational, and approved by the State of California to allow non-employees to ride it. Currently, that is not possible, and everyone on the inside is saying it is TBD, aka To Be Determined. And nobody is giving any sort of firm date.

Could some sort of walk-through of the queue be possible? Yes, but I doubt it. I can see new exclusive photos and videos being shown.

But you can't ride something that isn't operating.

Last edited:

Mac Tonight

But ROTR has to be operational, and approved by the State of California to allow non-employees to ride it. Currently, that is not possible, and everyone on the inside is saying it is TBD, aka To Be Determined. And nobody is giving any sort of firm date.

Could some sort of walk-through of the queue possible? Yes, but I doubt it. I can see new exclusive photos and videos being shown.

But you can't ride something that isn't operating.
They just need to get a stronger wifi!
Router of the Resistance!
Rise of the Router!

Darkbeer1

I can't talk about the Disney side of things, but I can talk the state's DOSH requirements.

If WiFi controls the ride vehicles, if the WiFi doesn't work for whatever reason, the ride MUST switch over to some sort of Safe Mode Immediately. That could be shutting down the ride until it is restored (such as them not moving, though show scenes could still operate), or switching to some preprogrammed mode, such as tracks. The key is 100% reliability and that the vehicles remain a safe distance from each other and other dangers.

So it is up to Disney to prove that to the state. And with a first of its kind system, the state is going to be very picky to protect the safety of the riders.

Mac Tonight

I can't talk about the Disney side of things, but I can talk the state's DOSH requirements.

If WiFi controls the ride vehicles, if the WiFi doesn't work for whatever reason, the ride MUST switch over to some sort of Safe Mode Immediately. That could be shutting down the ride until it is restored (such as them not moving, though show scenes could still operate), or switching to some preprogrammed mode, such as tracks. The key is 100% reliability and that the vehicles remain a safe distance from each other and other dangers.

So it is up to Disney to prove that to the state. And with a first of its kind system, the state is going to be very picky to protect the safety of the riders.
oh, Rise of the Resistance... we hardly knew ya.

giphy.gif

TROR

I wonder what the likelihood of Disney having to redesign the ride system from scratch and make major modifications to the attraction itself is. It would fascinating to see these leaked interior layouts be ever so slightly off from the final version.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I wonder what the likelihood of Disney having to redesign the ride system from scratch and make major modifications to the attraction itself is. It would fascinating to see these leaked interior layouts be ever so slightly off from the final version.
A full ride system rebuild at this point would be a hard pill to swallow. Not saying it wouldn't happen if push came to shove. But more than likely they will work with any and all vendors out there that can get the trackless system to function 100% long before deciding to rebuild.

Phroobar

If Florida got to keep their wireless track layout because their safety laws are more lax than California while Disneyland had to install tracks, would you feel safe on the Florida version?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom