News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

darthwoody

Do we expect that early media access to Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland is going to be REALLY limited? I know about the press preview a few months ago, but I'm talking about how few social media influencers/actual journalists may be allowed in to see the finished land before May 31.

It doesn't seem like many considering how many Disney sites that typically get invited to media previews I've heard discuss getting reservations to the land that first weekend in order to get the content that they need.
Well, there is a two day press preview

kevlightyear

This is a cool map from the app:
map-dlr-small.png

wityblack

Do we have any update on when Rise of the Resistance is supposed to open? I keep hearing conflicting things. Did they get past the problem that was setting them back, and is that problem with the trackless ride vehicles?

Darkbeer1

The rumor is August, possibly during D23.

That is a rumor, and to be honest, one more based in wishful thinking than in reality. At the end, here in California, it has to pass all the DOSH tests, and having to deal with them and grand openings, well I have seen the date moved multiple times, and seen limited operations signed off after the opening event started twice, and know of others. Such is life. It will open when it is ready to open and fully operate on a daily basis 18 hours a day.

kevlightyear

From the WDW thread:
*Potential Spoilers from Play Disney Parks App*

After some more digging, I've found evidence of the kind of interactions you can have in and around the land. There will be 'missions' available for you to go on separate from (but possibly related to) the ride missions themselves.

Some possible mission titles:
  • Prove Your Worth
  • Dianoga Mission
  • Mynock Mission
  • Brainworm Mission
  • Ollopom Mission
  • Discover the Threat
  • Find the Ship
  • Find the Master Mechanic
  • OTS Training
From the looks of it, you will be 'chatting' with a contact for these missions. They involve multiple steps each. You can make decisions to follow their advice or sabotage the missions. That will affect future missions. Some missions come with rewards (in the form of money, somehow).

Note that this is from a pre-release version, so there's no guarantee it will make it to the shipped version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom