News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Disney Analyst

New Mark Twain narration: "As we leave Critter Country behind and round the bend, here...WHAT THE HE## IS THIS???"

I wonder if the Rock Wall will be high enough to block views from the Mark Twain into Star Wars Land? Maybe they won't allow anyone up on the upper level.

D

Deleted member 107043

I wonder if the Rock Wall will be high enough to block views from the Mark Twain into Star Wars Land? Maybe they won't allow anyone up on the upper level.

I imagine it will be, but it's unlikely that anything will block views of those tall mountain peaks towering over the new land.

mickEblu

New Mark Twain narration: "As we leave Critter Country behind and round the bend, here...WHAT THE HE## IS THIS???"

Lol. So does this mean we re losing the current narrator? Is he still alive and able to record the new SWL spiel? If so, do you think they ll re record the whole track or just cut and paste the new spiel into the old track.

There's also the possibility they don't mention SWL at all. Especially because it's on the other side of the berm and most of the trains seating are forward facing the park.

At the most I hear something after passing Critter Country like "there's rumor that some mysterious force is brewing behind those woods."

SSG

I think it will be this:
post-42830-its-a-trap-gif-Imgur-Admiral-A-wM5P.gif

Curious Constance

Lol. So does this mean we re losing the current narrator? Is he still alive and able to record the new SWL spiel? If so, do you think they ll re record the whole track or just cut and paste the new spiel into the old track.

There's also the possibility they don't mention SWL at all. Especially because it's on the other side of the berm and most of the trains seating are forward facing the park.

At the most I hear something after passing Critter Country like "there's rumor that some mysterious force is brewing behind those woods."

They should have the regular spiel and then when they say Star Wars Land it should be in that obviously robotic voice that you hear when your name is injected in a recorded voice message or something. lol

Rich T

"...Past Big Thunder, I see the dock coming into view ahead. Thanks for travelin' on the ol' Mark Twain. I dunno if it's my age or experience, but these river trips seem shorter to me these days. Thank goodness, though, some things never change. Now let's dock this beauty so I can go enjoy my favorite pancakes at the River Belle!"

Phroobar

I just got a hold of the actual new Mark Twain Riverboat Spiel we will be hearing next year:

Howdy folks, welcome to the Rivers of America, the gateway to the old west's wonderland, and to the Mark Twain, grandest of the riverboats in these parts. Our journey will take us past some fascenatin' sights, and I'll be telling you some unbelievable stories along the way. I run a clean boat, so there's no eatin', no spittin', no drinkin', no pinchin' the gals, and no selfie sticks!

Now as we pull away from the dock, everyone turn around a give a big wave to the folks still on shore. Odds are you'll never see them again, but then again, you probably never saw them before, either!

Off to our port side is New Orleans Square. I've heard tell that there are pirates there, and they say that the ball from a pirate's cannon can destroy a riverboat 200 yards away! But don't worry, we're only 150 yards away so those cannon balls will sail right over us.

When you've been sailing the river for a lot of years like I have, you hear a lot of tall tales. For instance, they say that that old mansion across the water is haunted and if you don't heed that warning, you're making a grave mistake!

Across to starboard is Tom Sawyer Island. That's where you can walk in the footsteps of Tom Sawyer and Becky Thatcher. Tom wanted his friend Injun Joe to visit the island as well. Joe didn't want to, but Tom begged and begged and Joe finally caved. Ha!

Ut oh! There's a bunch of kids runnin' and jumpin' on those rocks! Watch out, some of them are startin to wave!

(Captain fires gun to scare away children)

Well now, that was close!

Turning back to the port side, there's Splash Mountain, home to the laughinest, singest, group of animals you ever saw. There's rabbits and chickens and foxes and frogs and -- mermaids? I don't believe it. Mr. Baxter -- check the air pressure! Sometimes these old eyes just aren't sure what they're seeing.

Past Spash Mountain is the home of Winnie the Pooh. And if you think his ride is worth your time, then you're not on the Rivers of America, your in de-Nile!

That big building is Fort Wilderness, named for Charles Fort. It's the last outpost of civilization. You don't see something like that every day. But I do.

We're starting to pass thick woods and won't be seein' much more from this civilized age. Oh, but there's Old Ben's cabin. He's been scaring away Sand People for the riverboats for years. And look, his cabin is on fire! But it couldn't have been Sand People that did this. Those tracks are side by side. Sand People ride single file to hide their numbers. Those blaster marks are too random and could only be made by Imperial Stormtroopers. If they trace this Riverboat here they might learn who sold it to me and that would lead them back...HOME! Mr. Baxter full speed!

We must be entering Indian territory. There's old Chief Wavesalot welcoming us in peace. They tell me he's just opened a barber shop in town. He's running a special on scalp treatments -- one time only, guaranteed!

My goodness, it looks like we're entering the white water rapids. And goodness me, we're now leaving the white water rapids.

Oh look, an Indian village. It looks like the medicine man is passing along some of his ol' native wisdom. I'll listen and see if I can translate what he's saying.

"You put your right leg in. You pull your right leg out. You put your right leg in..."

Well, I can't make much of that. But as we round the bend here you'll see something quite amazing, the backside of Tom Sawyer -- Island, that is.

There's a train off to the side. The last time I was through here they were having trouble getting it to run. People must have abandoned it, but it looks like those little marmots are on the right track.

That waterfall off to the right is Big Thunder falls, named for the famed explorer Dr. Albert Schweitzer. Don't ask me how that makes any sense, and don't ask me how a waterfall can be full of termites, either.

But I can tell you about the other mountain out yonder. That's Big Thunder Mountain, and Indians say that the railroad there is haunted, honest engine!

We're now coming to the most dangerous part of our trip, the return to the old west. I know that was a short trip but the wilderness is getting smaller and smaller. If you enjoyed your trip, I'm Captain Clemens and this is the Mark Twain. If you didn't, them I'm Pee Wee Herman and this is Star Tours.

D

Deleted member 107043

Kind of depends if the trees on top of the rock work berm are a thing or not. Because if so the new berm will actually be higher than the old (and still have trees).

Still kind of hard to imagine anything along the northern end of the ROA blocking the tops of these gigantic rock spires, especially if the trees aren't fully matured when the land is completed.

la-trb-star-wars-land-disneyland-20151001

Old Mouseketeer

Still kind of hard to imagine anything along the northern end of the ROA blocking the tops of these gigantic rock spires, especially if the trees aren't fully matured when the land is completed.

la-trb-star-wars-land-disneyland-20151001

I just assumed that the rusticated nature of the cliffs and spires were designed to blend in with the berm behind the train. It's worth noting the some of the other renderings seem to be more amenable to blending in.

Oh, and regardless of how much more storage space there is in the new Fantasmic marina, that has no bearing on the Fort. There is too much that has to be stored on the island. This is evident if you have ever watched the preparations on the island at dusk.

RMichael21

I just assumed that the rusticated nature of the cliffs and spires were designed to blend in with the berm behind the train. It's worth noting the some of the other renderings seem to be more amenable to blending in.

Oh, and regardless of how much more storage space there is in the new Fantasmic marina, that has no bearing on the Fort. There is too much that has to be stored on the island. This is evident if you have ever watched the preparations on the island at dusk.
Plus, I'm pretty sure the Fantasmic staging area is only for the barges and not for the performers, correct?

Old Mouseketeer

Plus, I'm pretty sure the Fantasmic staging area is only for the barges and not for the performers, correct?

Speculation from my rebel spies is that the new Marina building may include costume storage moved from the main entertainment building behind Toontown. This would mean that only those costumes going out for cleaning would be transported back every day. Some costume components are only cleaned every second or third day (I'm told they are generally not next to the performer's skin or prone to absorbing sweat). Formerly, all those costume pieces were going back and forth every day. But I emphasize, this is pure speculation and no Bothan spies even broke a sweat.

D

Deleted member 107043

Not as exciting as last week. Here's the pano from Mint Crocodile today.

i-jmHf5Lq-O.png

You can already get a feel for how views will be completely obscured by rock work from the Big Thunder Mountain entrances.

i-nkdQMBG-O.png

Ok, so those forms they were constructing a few weeks ago were for some kind of future rock work? I thought they might be foundations the railway of the DLRR.

HauntedMansionFLA

Also from today's (July 9th) MintCrocodile update, a closer shot of the Fantasmic! marina and Rivers of America construction, along with the edges of Star Wars Land...
i-BdkHTfJ-O.png

Plus this thing.
i-TppkXQq-O.png

Lots more photos of Star Wars and Rivers of America construction from inside the park and the parking structure is here... http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/
I assume they are tryong to get Rivers of AMerica and the railroad up and running ASAP?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom