News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

SSG

And it's gonna be great. It's going to be so winning. Star Wars is going to win BIG TIME.

Huuuuge.jpg

ctrlaltdel

On second thought, I actually don't think it is "the wall" that protrudes out to block the view from the middle of FL. I think it is just the northern-most stretch of rock work. Looking at the Micechat map again (this is assuming it's accurate), the wall starts at the northern end of Big Thunder Ranch, which looks more in line with @Dr. Hans Reinhardt 's pic (using the FL Theatre as a reference point).

Still, pretty exciting to see the first pieces of vertical construction. Will be interesting to see how much work is done on the new berm/RoA vs. SWL itself over the next few months.

BrianLo

Original Poster
I don't think this wall is the rock work from MiceAge's graphic (it's not actually on the graphic). It looks to be more of a backstage thing that should form a bit of a trench to shield the train from the Wonder-bra. I don't think this Wall will hide SWL from the parks, that'll be the job of the show building and wall in front of this one.

Yes...

Walls-on-Walls. #allthewalls

Old Mouseketeer

I'm guessing DL has to be ahead because
1. They have a whole lot more work to do with the DLRR, re-routing RoA, and the new rock-work that is going along with that and;
2. DL's SWL has been said to open at least 6 months before DHS'. Don't know if that was the initial plan, but it appears that December 2018 seems to be looking good for SWL in DL.
I'm wondering, is this

SWL-June-29-9-1.jpg

this wall?
View attachment 149037
I believe that someone said that this wall would block the view from Fantasyland into SWL. The Micechat map is proving quite accurate, was wondering if this could be the case or if my perspective is just off.

Your arrows are too far south. The forms are along the railroad track before the curve into TT Station. There have been comments about a new tunnel through that area.

BrianLo

Original Poster
Not sure when the pictures from the MiceChat's SWL article on Friday were taken, but Mint Crocodile posted pictures today from the 1st and surprisingly there is a significant amount of new things to look at.

For starters, Tom Sawyer's Island is now covered in scaffolding. I'm glad they are refurbing it and clearly this is going to tie into Fantasmic 2.0 stuff as well.

i-Zv2zDsL-O.png

i-xnTcTfC-O.png

i-TRRLTLx-O.png

Here's a different view of the wall we've seen going up.

i-7FF5BKT-O.png

i-PZWLP24-O.png

Great closeup of the new rail rock work berm that is being formed.

i-rvdzvv4-O.png

Here's the really big news though.... we have a crane! I'm sure they'll transition to a couple of the more semi-permanent ones down the line, but it's progress. Plus check out all the equipment now on site.

i-BTBvJm3-O.png

i-RJkzjkB-O.png

i-br9wz2H-O.png

i-9Qk4sj8-O.png

I'm already itching to see what it looks like today. We're into the interesting phase where its going to seem like a flurry of activity before the show buildings go up and we feel like nothing is happening again.

i-XJgVWTH-O.png

George Lucas on a Bench

No doubt the work on Tom Sawyer Island entails removing all the remaining fun stuff and turning the entire place into a flat grid of railings.

Here I was hoping for a Tom and Huck movie overlay.

Mawg

Just found out we are having a family reunion in Disneyland next summer. Any chance the train and/or riverboat and/or Fantasmic! will be back by then?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom