News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Figments Friend

“Figzilla” 😆
Spot on.

If they have this technology, it should be used for Figment. And Figment should be held by Dreamfinder.
Even without Dreamfinder, which we all know Disney seems hesitant to do anything with besides toss out random ‘retro throwback’ merch, they could STILL incorporate this into a unique meet n’ greet experience.

And they should.

It’s time.

-

Incomudro

It's too bad the general public will never allow these (or any droids) to roam GE without 3 or 4 CMs protecting them. It's pretty much why we don't have them and never will. Even R2D2 needs like 3 CM's around to keep people from touching it. Imagine if he (or any droid) was unwatched. Children and teens would be destroying them. We just can't have nice things anymore. Undisciplined kids would reck them while their parents film and laugh.
But they could operate within enclosed areas like that which surrounds the Falcon.

Rodj

Even without Dreamfinder, which we all know Disney seems hesitant to do anything with besides toss out random ‘retro throwback’ merch, they could STILL incorporate this into a unique meet n’ greet experience.

And they should.

It’s time.

-
Disney is probably trying to cater more towards the “Figment only” fans (no opinion regarding Dreamfinder such as the majority of the general public & furries).

Having something use new technology would mean it would have to be more safeguarded(IE less/no physical interactions), and IMO, trying to hug a much smaller Figment would be more difficult/awkward feeling.

Phroobar

Disney is probably trying to cater more towards the “Figment only” fans (no opinion regarding Dreamfinder such as the majority of the general public & furries).

Having something use new technology would mean it would have to be more safeguarded(IE less/no physical interactions), and IMO, trying to hug a much smaller Figment would be more difficult/awkward feeling.
It's always hard to hug a figment of your imagination.

Last edited:

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
But they could operate within enclosed areas like that which surrounds the Falcon.
True, but it does limit the available areas they can be in and makes them less "free roaming" around the land as added streetmosphere.

I always thought it would have been cool to have put droids up on the overhead bridges walking back and forth. At least that would have added some kinetic energy.

Incomudro

True, but it does limit the available areas they can be in and makes them less "free roaming" around the land as added streetmosphere.

I always thought it would have been cool to have put droids up on the overhead bridges walking back and forth. At least that would have added some kinetic energy.
I agree.
Those overhead areas should have droids passing by.
Heck, add an occasional character in costume up there too.

prberk

I agree.
Those overhead areas should have droids passing by.
Heck, add an occasional character in costume up there too.
Yes. They would be perfect for seeing characters come by and have a light-saber battle. Too bad they never thought of that… no wait… the Galactic Starcruiser.

So, really we need a $5,000 pay wall in order for that to happen.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Walt Disney Imagineering head Bruce Vaughn and team demo new free-roaming robotic droid characters to Bob Iger and Josh D'Amaro​

They're telling Bob these robots are Disney IP in that they'll be considered prequel to The Creator.

CaptinEO

Walt Disney Imagineering head Bruce Vaughn and team demo new free-roaming robotic droid characters to Bob Iger and Josh D'Amaro​

Alternate Title: WDI Shows Bob Iger what he axed from Galaxy's Edge 5 years ago.

Next they can show him the dinner show at the Starcruiser that was also meant for Galaxy's Edge, and then even the stuntshow in the land that was performed only for the press day.

Phroobar

I read the headline too fast -- I thought it said the robots were demonstrating against Bob and Josh...
iu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom