News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

prberk

This is very nice (truly), but I also think that if they are able to do these., they should be able to make a smaller and mechanical Figment (the appropriate size, with a full-size Dreamfinder), rather than the walk-around human in a costume. Same would be true for making a mechanical Grogu to be with The Mandalorian walk around the park. I think @Figments Friend would agree.

Disney Analyst

This is very nice (truly), but I also think that if they are able to do these., they should be able to make a smaller and mechanical Figment (the appropriate size, with a full-size Dreamfinder), rather than the walk-around human in a costume. Same would be true for making a mechanical Grogu to be with The Mandalorian walk around the park. I think @Figments Friend would agree.

I am fine with AA Grogu in the bag for Mando, as Grogu really is so tiny.

But Figment absolutely should be an interactive AA Meet and Greet. A true shame they went with the big costume again.

mf1972

IMG_4042.jpeg

and so it begins….

mickEblu

I'm glad to see this kind of development, but truthfully I'd like to see more permanent atmospheric enhancements. A trip to Universal to see Nintendo World highlighted how undeveloped Galaxy's Edge is in this respect.

Well if enough of these things and aliens were walking around they would be atmospheric enhancements but I agree with the sentiment. However, if you asked me where I’d rather spend time I’d say Galaxies Edge as Super Nintendo land is just a cramped courtyard with no seating. GE is spacious and never too congested. ROTR is obviously > than Mario Kart. With that said both lands are far from perfect.

D.Silentu

To your point, both lands would benefit from a dose of the unique strengths of the other in terms of size and kinetic atmosphere. Obviously only realistically possible in Galaxy's Edge, but, as you say, if there were plentiful walk around characters I wouldn't feel the atmosphere to be wanting. I admit they do seem to be moving that direction, but slowly.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
It's too bad the general public will never allow these (or any droids) to roam GE without 3 or 4 CMs protecting them. It's pretty much why we don't have them and never will. Even R2D2 needs like 3 CM's around to keep people from touching it. Imagine if he (or any droid) was unwatched. Children and teens would be destroying them. We just can't have nice things anymore. Undisciplined kids would reck them while their parents film and laugh.

Figments Friend

Absolutely.
This was supposedly in the works, and was proposed for a unique meet n’ greet experience.
The costumed ‘Figzilla 2.0’ was the replacement.

Hoping it still eventually happens….
Someday.

-

prberk

Absolutely.
This was supposedly in the works, and was proposed for a unique meet n’ greet experience.
The costumed ‘Figzilla 2.0’ was the replacement.

Hoping it still eventually happens….
Someday.

-
“Figzilla” 😆
Spot on.

If they have this technology, it should be used for Figment. And Figment should be held by Dreamfinder.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom