News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

George Lucas on a Bench

Am I gonna have to ride ROTR with my phone in "Starship" (Airplane) mode???

Fast and Furious Presents Rise of the Resistance.

maxresdefault (1).jpg

"Everybody make sure to turn off your cell phones so Kylo Ren can't track us!"

shambolicdefending

Different technology. I don't know the specifics of what they're using, I assume a variation on WiFi 5 (traditional 802.11ac). But if we're talking upgrades it'd be to WiFi 6 (new upcoming standard 802.11ax) not 5G.
Yeah, I don't know the ins-outs of it all, but it feels like trackless ride systems should be migrating towards the same tech as automated cars, which I understand will be 5G reliant.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yeah, I don't know the ins-outs of it all, but it feels like trackless ride systems should be migrating towards the same tech as automated cars, which I understand will be 5G reliant.
5G is better suited for open air usage versus WiFi which is better suited for indoor usage. Additionally 5G is not a replacement for WiFi, they are meant to compliment each other not a replacement for one another.

Here is a good article on it:

truecoat

Have you given any thought about how large the XWing coaster car would be?
If anywhere remotely proportional, it would be prohibitively huge and heavy.
If scaled to a functional size where it's own weight wouldn't tear it off of the tracks, it would look comically small and ill proportioned.
Like a kiddy ride.
That XWing coaster diagram that keeps getting posted depicts a car that is many times larger than any coaster car ever made.

Oh really?

dive coaster.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom