News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Incomudro

The ride vehicle Could be just the fuselage/cockpit part. The wings could just be part of the station load then the cockpit slides forward and out. You can’t see the wings from the cockpit anyway unless you turn around. New sequel trilogy variant could have pilot and gunner position for double capacity.

And this works, how?

GingerGirl3

Butter beer is always going to be popular - despite the taste - because it’s a direct link to the IP that the fans go for...

That is how “immersion” works.

Blue milk just isn’t that level. My take.

Nope Butterbeer is actually good. Now I don’t think so, it’s too sweet and butterscotch for me, and I’m a Potter fan so I was looking forward to trying it. My husband knows nothing about Potter anything and he went back multiple times from all over Univeral just to get more. Butterbeer was always going to interest fans but they clearly have a better product than what I’m hearing about the blue milk. Same goes for the ride. Again my husband is clueless about most everything in the Forbidden Journey ride but he still enjoyed riding it multiple times in one visit. I’m hearing that most people have no desire to do SR again.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Nope Butterbeer is actually good. Now I don’t think so, it’s too sweet and butterscotch for me, and I’m a Potter fan so I was looking forward to trying it. My husband knows nothing about Potter anything and he went back multiple times from all over Univeral just to get more. Butterbeer was always going to interest fans but they clearly have a better product than what I’m hearing about the blue milk. Same goes for the ride. Again my husband is clueless about most everything in the Forbidden Journey ride but he still enjoyed riding it multiple times in one visit. I’m hearing that most people have no desire to do SR again.

I’m not disagreeing with you...what I’m saying is I think people are more likely to buy it even IF they don’t love the taste because it’s so ingrained in the potter mythos.

Blue milk is stupid. I have been a high end Star Wars fanatic for 40 years and I had to be reminded of blue milk when it was mentioned. Just not a thing at all

GingerGirl3

I’m not disagreeing with you...what I’m saying is I think people are more likely to buy it even IF they don’t love the taste because it’s so ingrained in the potter mythos.

Blue milk is stupid. I have been a high end Star Wars fanatic for 40 years and I had to be reminded of blue milk when it was mentioned. Just not a thing at all

True. Everyone knew they only did the milk to have their own Butterbeer. I still think both places get money for the drinks the first time because of the novelty but it doesn’t sound like the milk gets repeats. Plus at the rate people are hearing about it they might start skipping the milk altogether. But hey that cookie is supposed to be good if you can get a reservation and spend the minimum.

voodoo321

You asked what the issue was?

My opinion is they don’t know what they’re dealing with and went about it “bass akwards”

As others stated better than I can: you can’t assume Star Wars fan will line your pocket if you try to convince them they don’t really want their Star Wars. Isn’t that what they are admitting?

It’s like modern art. Flip a urinal sideways, paint it half yellow and put it on exhibit.

Keep it simple, stupid.

They built a frankly bad simulator in star tours and let that be the Star Wars ride for 30 years...so when they get carte Blanche to make at least one attraction...and they didn’t build enough... to satisfy a real “knock your socks off” draw...they punted on sims in a misguided agenda...again.

The clown says “we started with immersion...not rides”.
Well funny how humans tend to want to be in the movies...and maybe have gravity or inertia drive it home. It’s primal...it’s basic...it will never change.

The fact that they can’t understand that (really on any level at Disney) is stunning.

You know an example where it works? Flight of passage...to say nothing of the 3 potter rides up I-4. Or radiator springs.

Movement matters. “If it ain’t broke”

Maybe they should check em out sometime.
All true but too be 100% fair I gather that WDI was given a mandate by Darth Iger to have Lucasfilm dictate the parameters. They were further undercut by Chapek, I assume, in slashing the entertainment, interactive characters, droids, drones etc. that would have at least given some kinetic energy and life to the land. I'm not letting them off the hook by any means though. Even with those limitations they had an unlimited budget and failed to create a compelling product.

ProfessorPepper

Take it for what it is but someone in @monsterdavid 's livestream the other day said they work for one of the companies contracted to build ROTR and 1.) they had to install shielding within the entire showbuilding and 2.) the FCC wouldn't allow them to use a different frequency than what they were already approved for so they have to make a workaround which is causing/caused delays. And from previous information, we know one of the contracted company cut corners on the original wifi infrastructure which caused the trackless vehicles to have a bad connection and supposedly if the vehicles lost connection for a fraction of a second the whole attraction would 101. Someone else please analyze this to connect why they would need rf shielding throughout the building, k thx

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Take it for what it is but someone in @monsterdavid 's livestream the other day said they work for one of the companies contracted to build ROTR and 1.) they had to install shielding within the entire showbuilding and 2.) the FCC wouldn't allow them to use a different frequency than what they were already approved for so they have to make a workaround which is causing/caused delays. And from previous information, we know one of the contracted company cut corners on the original wifi infrastructure which caused the trackless vehicles to have a bad connection and supposedly if the vehicles lost connection for a fraction of a second the whole attraction would 101. Someone else please analyze this to connect why they would need rf shielding throughout the building, k thx
Shielding would be used to prevent outside signals from interfering with the vehicles. So if they are using a congested frequency the shielding would be used to make sure no crosstalk of other signals could interfere causing the vehicles to lose connection. That is my take on it anyways. I'm sure someone has a more detailed explanation.

shambolicdefending

Shielding would be used to prevent outside signals from interfering with the vehicles. So if they are using a congested frequency the shielding would be used to make sure no crosstalk of other signals could interfere causing the vehicles to lose connection. That is my take on it anyways. I'm sure someone has a more detailed explanation.
Sounds like a ride that will be crying out for a total 5G upgrade within 18 months of opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom