News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

truecoat

View attachment 383892
another hidden mickey
Picture credit to @mickeyandthemyers.

Kinda like this hidden Mickey from Pink Floyd’s The Wall.

2E3B8D32-2510-4323-97F9-5AAA926C2DFC.jpeg

TROR

So if the crowds never show up for Galaxy’s Edge, does Disney learn their lesson that IP =/= guaranteed money? I’m honestly convinced that had Disney built an attraction along the lines of Western River Expedition it would’ve pulled in more guests.

justintheharris

Guys get to the parks while you can... Today’s low crowds mean one thing: panic amongst TDA. Yes, guest satisfaction is probably high with good merchandise and food sales throughout the park, GE specifically... but that’s not what they want. They want a crowded park, with sales maximized. If things don’t change this week, prepare for CM blackout dates to be lifted and, worst case, for Deluxe blockout to be lifted. Eek
The block outs have already been lifted for.... pretty much the entire summer.

britain

So if the crowds never show up for Galaxy’s Edge, does Disney learn their lesson that IP =/= guaranteed money? I’m honestly convinced that had Disney OPENED an attraction along the lines of Western River Expedition it would’ve pulled in more guests.

FTFY

BrianLo

Original Poster
I was PROMISED doom and destruction upon SW:GE opening, for years!

13 hour waits for the water fountains. Children dying in the Main streets. Pathways so jam packed they need to pave over Haunted Mansion to make room. Overflowing parking garages with traffic backed up to Northern California.

Next you're going to tell me guests ride the WDW gondola and not only lived to tell the tale, but have a mildly enjoyable experience.

Ahora*

*also please be slow still in August.

planodisney

So if the crowds never show up for Galaxy’s Edge, does Disney learn their lesson that IP =/= guaranteed money? I’m honestly convinced that had Disney built an attraction along the lines of Western River Expedition it would’ve pulled in more guests.
The problem with your scenario is that when DHS unveils their version of GE, the crowds will be insane, revenue will be insane and lines will be long.
So the lesson won’t be DONT BUILD IP LANDS, it will be MAJOR INVESTMENT IN ANAHEIM DOESNT PAY OFF.
This is what I’m worried about.
However, I think ROTR May very well be the most popular attraction at the resort for years to come and that will completely change the dynamic of SWGE.

Phroobar

The problem with your scenario is that when DHS unveils their version of GE, the crowds will be insane, revenue will be insane and lines will be long.
So the lesson won’t be DONT BUILD IP LANDS, it will be MAJOR INVESTMENT IN ANAHEIM DOESNT PAY OFF.
This is what I’m worried about.
However, I think ROTR May very well be the most popular attraction at the resort for years to come and that will completely change the dynamic of SWGE.
No they won't. We've seen this before. Crowds will stay away because the internet says it will be packed. DHS will have the same virtual queuing system as Disneyland. Disney made plans based on hotel booking for handling the crowds. They know how many are coming. The trolls will just come back and say TSL was more popular than GE. Real reason is Disney handled the crowds badly for TSL/Pandora and learned from their mistakes.

planodisney

No they won't. We've seen this before. Crowds will stay away because the internet says it will be packed. DHS will have the same virtual queuing system as Disneyland. Disney made plans based on hotel booking for handling the crowds. They know how many are coming. The trolls will just come back and say TSL was more popular than GE. Real reason is Disney handled the crowds badly for TSL/Pandora and learned from their mistakes.
We have hotel reservation for 2 weeks after it opens at WDW.
They are opening at 6am and staying open late to help with the crowds. Trust me, it will be insane!!!

Phroobar

We have hotel reservation for 2 weeks after it opens at WDW.
They are opening at 6am and staying open late to help with the crowds. Trust me, it will be insane!!!
The only way it will be insane is if TDO screws up royally. My bet is DHS will be quite pleasant while the other parks will be dealing over crowding.

mickEblu

The more I think about it the more upset I am we’re not getting an X Wing coaster. It could’ve tied in with Rise of the Resistance and been a great piece of synergy for the land. Better than the Star Tours connections at least...

Well now remember what Trowbridge said. They didn’t think of rides first 🙄. Otherwise it would have been a no brainer. Still holding out hope for an X Wing coaster in the expansion pad.

TROR

Well now remember what Trowbridge said. They didn’t think of rides first 🙄. Otherwise it would have been a no brainer. Still holding out hope for an X Wing coaster in the expansion pad.
I want the Falcon ride gone. Tie the two ends of the land together and make good use of that massive space. The Falcon can remain outside. I’ve heard mostly negative opinions about this ride (or at least less than stellar) so I don’t think the ride itself will be missed. Sure, there’d be the loss of the chess room, but I mean, chess room... or a great thrill ride that captures the spirit of Star Wars... hmm.

Phroobar

I want the Falcon ride gone. Tie the two ends of the land together and make good use of that massive space. The Falcon can remain outside. I’ve heard mostly negative opinions about this ride (or at least less than stellar) so I don’t think the ride itself will be missed. Sure, there’d be the loss of the chess room, but I mean, chess room... or a great thrill ride that captures the spirit of Star Wars... hmm.
giphy.gif

What ever happen to Debby Ryan?

drod1985

I’ve heard mostly negative opinions about this ride (or at least less than stellar) so I don’t think the ride itself will be missed.

Sounds like selection bias on your reviews. There are negative reviews out there for sure, but they are nowhere near the majority.

On that same note, it's not only glowing positive reviews either. The overall consensus from the reviews I've sampled seems to be the ride isn't breathtaking or groundbreaking, but it is enjoyable in the pilot position and can be enjoyable in the others.

TROR

Sounds like selection bias on your reviews. There are negative reviews out there for sure, but they are nowhere near the majority.

On that same note, it's not only glowing positive reviews either. The overall consensus from the reviews I've sampled seems to be the ride isn't breathtaking or groundbreaking, but it is enjoyable in the pilot position and can be enjoyable in the others.
I’m really just looking at this site. It’s the only place I can trust I’ll get honest and diverse opinions.

wityblack

This land is already has a strong female character in Rey but there's no Poe Dameron, Finn, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker... It's Star Wars land. I don't care how diverse of a fanbase Star Wars has, it's primarily males and always has been. Where are the heroes for the little boys in this land?

The majority of the characters in the land are male. Dok Ondar, Hondo, Chewbacca, Kylo Ren, Stormtroopers, and a First Order Commander are all male, while Vi, Rey, Oga (who we don’t see or hear), and that one Toydarian are female. There’s a female voice in the queue for Smuggler’s, but two male voices, plus the voice of Yoda. The bounty hunter may still come, and he’s male. Poe, Nien Nunb, and very likely Finn will be in Rise of the Resistance. If Vi wasn’t female, then Rey would be the only character in the land that girls could look up to. Your Han Solo and Luke Skywalker points are moot because of when the land is set in the canon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom