News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

TROR

Really!? Why/when did they continue the reservation system?
This "virtual queue" was announced a while ago. Guests can freely enter the land but if it reaches capacity they put a feature on the Disneyland App for guests to use that creates a "come back later" time like a Fastpass.

MoonRakerSCM

I thought it was just for the light sabres and the cantina. From reading other threads just now, they removed the land virtual queue at 5p today...

this whole process just seems so weird...

TROR

I thought it was just for the light sabres and the cantina. From reading other threads just now, they removed the land virtual queue at 5p today...

this whole process just seems so weird...
I just checked the app and it says the land is open with Falcon only sporting a 30 minute wait...

What's the capacity of this ride? How fast does it filter guests through in comparison to Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, or Star Tours out of curiosity? Anyone know?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I think Vi's jacket is in the very same spirit as Luke's yellow jacket there.

And the WWI uniform the guard is wearing breaks canon - the rule is that there are no buttons in the Star Wars universe.

Time to fix that and make ANOTHER special edition!
The uniform can't break canon BECAUSE IT WAS IN THE ORIGINAL MOVIE THAT ESTABLISHED CANON! SO IT DEFINES CANON! YOUR ARGUMENT MAKES NO SENSE!! Everything after should be trying to be like that!

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

It's ok but could be better. I'll give it a pass because it's the only color in the sea of beige. That said, her dyed hair is stupid. The archetype of a strong female character having dyed hair is so overdone and pathetic. Once it was parodied in the LEGO Movie I thought we all accepted it was dumb but I guess not.

View attachment 383828
are we supposed to know who this characther is? is this someone from the EU fan fiction junk? or one of those cgi cartoons like the awful Hondo? Can we get some bounty hunters walking around or something at least??! jeeez Disney! seriously, who the heck is this supposed to be??!

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Hopefully they recorded the original Star Wars cast so they can one day turn back the clock at Galaxy's Edge to when the real Star Wars characters were all alive and visited this planet. The half-blue-haired chick doesn't really cut it.
maybe the can have a version of smuggler's run where the falcon sling shots around the sun and transport you back to batuu's glory days when the rebellion was around so we can get Vader, Luke, Han and Leia

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

This land is already has a strong female character in Rey but there's no Poe Dameron, Finn, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker... It's Star Wars land. I don't care how diverse of a fanbase Star Wars has, it's primarily males and always has been. Where are the heroes for the little boys in this land?
didn't you hear? "the force is female" now.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

That shirt had nothing to do with Star Wars. I love the sequel trilogy and won't be listening to any of this "Kathleen Kennedy sucks" "hurr durr feminist pandering." I'm trying to make an actual point here.
the head of lucas film Kathleen Kennedy wore it so how does that have nothing to do with star wars when it has everything to do with modern star wars and is the reason we have Rey, Jinn Erso, Han Solo's old flame Kira, the social justice robot L3 or whatever it was called? my joke is rooted in a valid point.

TROR

the head of lucas film Kathleen Kennedy wore it so how does that have nothing to do with star wars when it has everything to do with modern star wars and is the reason we have Rey, Jinn Erso, Han Solo's old flame Kira, the social justice robot L3 or whatever it was called? my joke is rooted in a valid point.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I don't care who made the shirt or the original intent, the fact kennedy wore one,who is the head of lucas film, says VOLUMES about her take on modern star wars. why else do you think Luke, Han are dead and Leia is around still? There is a agenda there instead of focusing on making good adventure films with solid stories. That was the point I was making my good sir.

lifeisgoodboy

D92Y3ekVUAAcWWv.jpg

What I find hilarious about this photo is that there's a line of CM's standing there guarding God knows what, while the three adults in the photo are slumped over staring at their phones.

And then there's one kid, too hyped up over being at Disneyland to just stare at his phone, and the CM's are all just talking amongst themselves or doing that CM thing where they stare blankly into the middle distance or pretend to be interested in the trash can or barrel prop placed next to them, just to let you know subconsciously that they don't want to interact with you.

Somehow I doubt that's what the Imagineers had in mind for the big opening day of their Billion Dollar New Land. :confused:

The boy in the blue shirt is looking at the lothal cat from rebels series.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom