News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Nland316

I really feel like this staggered opening is going to backfire on Disneyland ops. Only one new attraction for the thousands that are flocking to the park on opening day? The same number of people I would assume are going to be present on opening day regardless if 1 ride is open vs 2. Having both operational would just mean more capacity.

mickEblu

I really feel like this staggered opening is going to backfire on Disneyland ops. Only one new attraction for the thousands that are flocking to the park on opening day? The same number of people I would assume are going to be present on opening day regardless if 1 ride is open vs 2. Having both operational would just mean more capacity.

Well I think you have to factor in that less people will go to opening day/ phase 1 knowing this fact. Not sure it completely balances out but I think some people will definitely wait for ROTR. We also don’t know if the delay of ROTR is purposeful or not.

Now what Im still wondering their will be any hard ticket events/ previews in May?

Professortango1

does not work for only jedi know how to build them. it was part of their training to build their own. no one but a jedi knows how to build them hence why Rey uses Luke's old one and why Kylo has his own. he built his. random dealers on the outskirts of the universe are not going to know how to build them or where to find kyber cyrstals in order to make them work.

Unless they aren't real lightsabers. They are something a merchant figured out. If I sell canisters, a light up crystal, and an expandable durable blade...these can be assembled into something that seems like a lightsaber but is safe and cheap for younglings. We have toy guns in our world. Why wouldn't they have toy versions of weapons in their world as well?

britain

I think mentally there is something a little more “one and done” about only having the MF open that might motivate people to leave the land and go ride something else at Disneyland.

Two big attractions each with hours long lines would essentially mean your spending your whole day there.

AJFireman

This is an answer Disney Twitter responded to someone asking about preview events. Could be none are planned at the moment or there will not be anything done. I would expect a Grand Opening Ceremony similar to when they opened Toy Story Land.

drod1985

Possibly. I was hoping it would be more thrilling than Star Tours though and this is not a good sign.

I wouldn't worry about a 2-inch difference in height requirement. Star Tours is 30 years old and you're staring at a screen a good ways away from you. SR is going to be the latest in simulator tech and you'll be enveloped in the action. It'll be plenty thrilling.

mickEblu

I wouldn't worry about a 2-inch difference in height requirement. Star Tours is 30 years old and you're staring at a screen a good ways away from you. SR is going to be the latest in simulator tech and you'll be enveloped in the action. It'll be plenty thrilling.

Solid point. I just want some more thrill and more range of motion.

Incomudro

Possibly. I was hoping it would be more thrilling than Star Tours though and this is not a good sign.

If your gauge of thrilling is base purely on how much the simulator moves perhaps.
There are a myriad of other ways that the MF ride can deliver a more thrilling and generally more satisfactory ride experience.

mickEblu

If your gauge of thrilling is base purely on how much the simulator moves perhaps.
There are a myriad of other ways that the MF ride can deliver a more thrilling and generally more satisfactory ride experience.

Of course but physical is best. It’s crazy to think my just turned 3 year old son can ride the Falcon. The “scariest” ride he’s been on is Gadgets once which terrified him.

Incomudro

Of course but physical is best. It’s crazy to think my just turned 3 year old son can ride the Falcon. The “scariest” ride he’s been on is Gadgets once which terrified him.

I'm willing to believe that superior visuals mated up to a superior ride system - coupled with the entire experience of the land and the que will more than make up for any physical difference in movement between the two rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom