News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

lifeisgoodboy

but she is a Mary Sue. Rey is a horrible character. I love me strong female characthers. Ripley, Sarah Conner, The Bride from Kill Bill. she is a bad ***! however Rey has not achieved anything on her own. there is no character growth. she knows how to do everything , speak any language, can fight like a pro with a lightsaber with out real training. luke got his butt handed to him in empire and had his face mauled and his hand cut off. at the same story point in last jedi rey is flying around in the falcon shooting tie fighters on crait and having fun. she is a horrible character and definition of a mary sue and I challenege you to give me story points that prove other wise. I have no problem having a actual debate with someone who has solid points to back up their claims but just being biased towards someone who uses the term "mary sue rey" says more about you than me pal.
The bride from Kill Bill is Uma Thurman.

truecoat

fctiger

Very different. Main street is supposed to be a theme park version of main street from anytown USA. It was never planened to be a full immersion but rather a tribute hence why it's sight line includes a giant castle in the distance. No my friend, Disney has made it a point to set this land outside the berm and control all the sight lines so you can't see into the land or see the rest of Disneyland from inside the land. You wont even be able to see The Disneyland Railroad. They have made it so it litterally feels you are not in a theme park but on another planet hence no VISA SIGNS or RIDE ENTRANCE SIGNS. Yet the will be selling a watto plush doll, lightsabers and kylo ren toys. Which a planet on the outskirts would never do. In fact creatures from the universe would only go to such a planet to get away from the first order so they can live government free and do what they want. No one would have a shop selling exctint technology or clothes of the evil ruling government. There should be more than 1 bar on this planet.

It's still a theme park and not real life.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
but the problem is Disney is trying to go to the next level of immersion by making it seem you are not in a theme park so their merch sales should also reflect that. they are going great lengths to make you feel you are no longer in Disneyland except in this one area.

But, as mentioned, that can only go so far.

Some people won't be satisfied until they're actually transported to another galaxy back in time. Oh well.

VJ

Perhaps...you! Maybe you are that rare, force-sensitive person who can intuitively assemble these pieces in the same manner as the ancient Jedi masters. You just might be that special find...you may be a vergence in the force!

You...and the dozen other people here in the shop too.
"Only the largest wallet will persevere." -Jedi proverb

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Star Wars Galaxy Edge will open at Disneyland (officially) on 31 May 2019 and 29 Aug 2019 at Hollywood Studios as reported at today's shareholder meeting. The way it sounds, grand opening of the Millennium Falcon attraction will be first with the grand opening of Rise of the Resistance being later.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
This is REALLY important to note (and will likely be true in Orlando as well) (EDITED: Reread the article... reservation NOT required in Orlando)

Guests planning to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland park between May 31 and June 23, 2019 will need valid theme park admission and will be required to make a no-cost reservation, subject to availability, to access the land. Information on how to make a reservation will be available at a later date on Disneyland.com and the Disney Parks Blog.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom