News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

DLR>WDW

Anykne else think the claims that people will have to wait for hours to get into GE the entire summer is a little over the top? The last major example of that was Hogsmeade in 2010 and that was due mostly to the fact of how small the land was. There’s definitely going to be huge crowds, but I don’t think it’s going to be as bad as people are hypothesizing. There will be waits to get in the first week or so but with DL tickets costing $150 and annual passes starting at over $1k during the opening summer, it’ll probably price a lot of people out. Just a thought.

Anykne else think the claims that people will have to wait for hours to get into GE the entire summer is a little over the top? The last major example of that was Hogsmeade in 2010 and that was due mostly to the fact of how small the land was. There’s definitely going to be huge crowds, but I don’t think it’s going to be as bad as people are hypothesizing. There will be waits to get in the first week or so but with DL tickets costing $150 and annual passes starting at over $1k during the opening summer, it’ll probably price a lot of people out. Just a thought.

Let me put it this way...no, I don't think the claims are over the top. Are you familiar with Star Wars fandom? Combine those people who don't normally go to Disneyland but will for this with the Disneyland fandom that has to see everything first. I expect crowds similar to the 60th anniversary 24 hour party on opening day and probably 3-6 hour waits all summer. Yes, 1 day is $150, but multi-day tickets are a better value, so think of all the people who may do a 3-4 day trip and dedicate 1 day just to GE.

SSG

So, you can order this.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Did y'all see this yet? Sorry if it's old news.

Seen? Not yet, but it was mentioned in the EW article:

This elite squad from The First Order has arrived on a new ship — the TIE Echelon, which has a cockpit similar to Kylo Ren’s batwinged shuttle but the curved foils of Darth Vader’s TIE Advanced x1.

A lifesized version of the TIE Echelon is parked in the First Order-controlled sector of Black Spire Outpost, near one of the entrances to the land. Don’t try to touch it. The Red Fury doesn’t like strangers approaching their ship.

Looks really cool!

MoonRakerSCM

Saw this on Reddit-

"According to all the press releases today, Hondo will be part of the Millennium Falcon attraction as the new owner. The Falcon details sound just amazing, like the echoing of the floor as you walk across it (implying secret compartments underneath). When you reach the front of the queue and are put into groups you are given a number and you have the chance to wander around the main room of the ship until your number is called. Also, you can use your phone to scan Hando's freight and see what's inside."

I interpret this as the Millennium Falcon will be a large area to 'explore' ala the Dumbo's circus queue at WDW?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Saw this on Reddit-

"According to all the press releases today, Hondo will be part of the Millennium Falcon attraction as the new owner. The Falcon details sound just amazing, like the echoing of the floor as you walk across it (implying secret compartments underneath). When you reach the front of the queue and are put into groups you are given a number and you have the chance to wander around the main room of the ship until your number is called. Also, you can use your phone to scan Hando's freight and see what's inside."

I interpret this as the Millennium Falcon will be a large area to 'explore' ala the Dumbo's circus queue at WDW?

Not that large. But enough for a few groups to hang out until they're called. It's basically the chess room. The rest of the faux Falcon is just corridors.

winstongator

Have you had a chance to play the VR Star Trek: Bridge Crew? In the engineering position you have to distribute available power to different systems, repair systems that have been damaged, charge the warp engine before it can be used, and even fine-tune re-route power from one system to another. Part of the job regarding power is making sure other ships can't detect you from a certain distance.

Obviously Disney would never go into this much detail as it's less a video game than an attraction and the learning curve would be way too steep, but it got me thinking of how cool it would be to offer levels of difficulty in the position where 'easy' would be as simple as pressing a button when it flashes, and 'hard' would be doing what I described above. Hard would generate greater rewards in the end and you'd have to maybe train somehow, but it would be more fun.

The usual response I get from ideas like this is, "I don't go to Disneyland to think, or play video games, or have to work in a group when riding an attraction", etc. Fair enough, this kind of interactiveness isn't for everyone, but if they offered options or levels they could appeal to all types of people. Oh well, better to appeal to the masses than the niche market I suppose.
I don't know how many people have done it, but the VOID VR experience at Disney Springs is pretty awesome. That involves shooting things, avoiding getting shot, and meeting interesting "people". There are a number of reasons I think that will be huge in the parks/resorts over the next 10 years.

davis_unoxx

I'm going to be going August 15th to 18th. Before the deluxe passes and all lower tiers are let back in. How do you think the crowds will be? I'm sure they will be heavy, but my family is planning on getting to gate an hour and a half before opening. Hit a star wars ride at rope drop, if other ride too long a line do that one right before park closes. How does that sound for an idea?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm going to be going August 15th to 18th. Before the deluxe passes and all lower tiers are let back in. How do you think the crowds will be? I'm sure they will be heavy, but my family is planning on getting to gate an hour and a half before opening. Hit a star wars ride at rope drop, if other ride too long a line do that one right before park closes. How does that sound for an idea?

Nobody really knows what the crowds are going to be like post SW:GE opening 5-6 months from now. That being said I personally think lot of non-SW fans will be waiting until the second half of summer just like you are. So go in expecting a heavily crowded summer with at least 90-120 minute waits on average for everything else and with possible 240+ minute waits for SW:GE. And then adjust from there based on if its more or less crowded.

As for your plan of rope drop and closing, that sounds like a good idea.

Ismael Flores

Has anyone heard of AP or DVC previews being a possibility?

in one of the articles from one of the news sites the writer mentions that the WDI was questions if any previes would happen. The WDI said that at that point he had not heard of that possibility. I'm sure though that it depends on TDA and timing. supposedly there is still lots of work to be done to the stores and eateries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom