News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

SWGalaxysEdge

Forgive me if this image belongs to someone here. but this image was posted/shared on my group page and I have been getting messages from my contacts that it is pretty close to home. One of my contacts got a call from the Mouse about it. He (my contact) said its ok and I can continue my pursuit of this, but I am working on confirming - we WILL enter the ride through the ship outside the attraction. Not sure how we get into the building unless there is some lift/drop system under/next to the ship to get us there.

Anyone got any more information on this? Like I said, I am working on my side about this...

TP2000

Forgive me if this image belongs to someone here. but this image was posted/shared on my group page and I have been getting messages from my contacts that it is pretty close to home. One of my contacts got a call from the Mouse about it. He (my contact) said its ok and I can continue my pursuit of this, but I am working on confirming - we WILL enter the ride through the ship outside the attraction. Not sure how we get into the building unless there is some lift/drop system under/next to the ship to get us there.

Anyone got any more information on this? Like I said, I am working on my side about this...

View attachment 348346

That's really interesting! I can't wait to see how this thing operates and plays out for each rider.

fctiger

View attachment 348346

So cool! So we will actually go up the ramp? I'm really excited to see how they will pull that off. So does that mean we will see another Millenium Falcon inside the show building?

SWGalaxysEdge

So cool! So we will actually go up the ramp? I'm really excited to see how they will pull that off. So does that mean we will see another Millenium Falcon inside the show building?

..that's what I am trying to figure out - how we get from the outside ship, to the inside. Grrrrr driving me nuts.

The Pho

..that's what I am trying to figure out - how we get from the outside ship, to the inside. Grrrrr driving me nuts.
I just don’t see how that’s accurate. We saw the falcon being built. Wasn’t it just solid ground below? And there are no structures attached... are you sure this isn’t a second falcon on the inside of the building, which would make way more sense. Being outside of A falcon, not the outside falcon, then going inside of that falcon.

fctiger

Yeah this surprised me. I always assumed they were going to add some 'smuggler entrance' into the ship so they can avoid trying to explain why we just don't go up the ramp or we couldn't see the entire ship. Maybe we still won't but its clear they are going all in with this project.

fctiger

I just don’t see how that’s accurate. We saw the falcon being built. Wasn’t it just solid ground below? And there are no structures attached... are you sure this isn’t a second falcon on the inside of the building, which would make way more sense. Being outside of A falcon, not the outside falcon, then going inside of that falcon.

I think he means in terms of the story only. We see the MF outside but yet when we actually board it it will be inside a show building. I'm not trying to put words in anyone's mouth but that's what I thought he was saying.

britain

We know the outside ship is a prop, disconnected from the show building.

We know the ramp (as seen in movies) would not be ADA compliant.

We've been informed by a couple of sources that there are separate pods for ADA accessibility. I thought the ADA pods would still be after the same "inside the Falcon" queue as everyone else, but it's possible that it's not.

If we eliminate the ADA requirement, then taking a ramp up an indoor, duplicate Falcon (but probably just a fraction of the exterior and more dimly lit) is all kosher, right?

Sigh... someday we'll be able to explain all of this. We'll know it like the back of our hand, or like the layout of the Mansion.

Last edited:

DLR>WDW

An article from awhile ago explained that story-wise, the outdoor Falcon is sitting on a raising/lowering platform. The queue will simulate our descent underground into a hangar where we, in a pre-show(?), see the Falcon lowered underground virtually. We'll then get sorted into separate lines that lead to a facade of the Falcon in, I presume, a dimly lit room where we can only see a portion of the ship. Then you'll get inside what seems to be the actual ship.

fctiger

An article from awhile ago explained that story-wise, the outdoor Falcon is sitting on a raising/lowering platform. The queue will simulate our descent underground into a hangar where we, in a pre-show(?), see the Falcon lowered underground virtually. We'll then get sorted into separate lines that lead to a facade of the Falcon in, I presume, a dimly lit room where we can only see a portion of the ship. Then you'll get inside what seems to be the actual ship.

Wow, impressed yet again for the second time in one day! So it makes total sense now. And I looked at images of the MF in GE and yep the ground its painted on looks like its suppose to be on some kind of platform. Pretty nifty, they found a way to make the MF a cool prop for the land without it feeling disconnected to the story of the attraction. They really do think of everything.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
One of my contacts got a call from the Mouse about it. He (my contact) said its ok and I can continue my pursuit of this, but I am working on confirming

Perhaps this is my skepticism, but if "The Mouse", being Disney execs, said it's okay to pursue this, then it's probably not accurate. They aren't going to allow the inner workings of the ride or queue to be released this early by unofficial channels.

All artwork shows the only thing under the Falcon are the landing legs, and aerial shots show it's not attached to the building. With a space that small it's near impossible to fool people enough to think they entered the ramp and made their way into the cockpit while really entering the show building. I know Disney is good, but making us believe we are doing what's in the green line and somehow taking us the distance of the purple lines (especially the top-right table) doesn't work for me. You'd have to suspend a lot of disbelief for that, especially to the die-hard nerds that are pretty familiar with the layout of the Falcon.

Also, you said a few pages back that rumors were leading toward the outside Falcon being a photo op with your contact even showing you a photo of the non-functioning cockpit. THIS I can believe.

Neither of these 2018 Nearmap photos shows any indication there was any underground tunneling system being put into place:

This official picture Disney released shows no connection on the port side of the ship:

And this picture shows nothing on the starboard side:

Another nearmap that shows more completion of the frame than the one I inserted above. No visible connections between the framework and the show building:

The way I predict the queue will work is that you will be lead through a small hanger or cargo area to one of four cargo bay type doors with a screen above it similar to waiting for Star Tours. An animation will show the Falcon that's parked outside with an umbilical tube stretching out from the hanger to connect with the ship (probably on the port side), and the cargo bay door will open and you will be lead into the faux umbilical tube to a faux inside of the Falcon that isn't the prop outside, but one of 4 inside the building. We SAW in Yensid 55's videos of pieces of the inside of the Falcon being dropped into the show building. Not just the cockpit hallways, but the seats at the chess table and bed that Chewie laid in when he got injured in TFA. I don't have time to find and screen cap them, but they are there. After the ride, similar to the image you showed, we'll probably go back through a cargo tube to exit the ride thus preserving the illusion we were in the prop the whole time.

I admit, I'd love to be wrong on all of this and we enter the ride from the outdoor prop, but evidence leans more toward the outdoor Falcon prop NOT being the entrance to the ride.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No

Another good alternative to what I speculate above. In fact, I like this idea better than mine!

The Pho

I think he means in terms of the story only. We see the MF outside but yet when we actually board it it will be inside a show building. I'm not trying to put words in anyone's mouth but that's what I thought he was saying.
That’s just a weird way to word it then. There’s only one Falcon, yes there are others that look like it, so story wise we already knew that, so why would it need to be said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom