News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

sedati

Sorry, but why link to an external site when the insider's post was made on these forums:
View attachment 347720

Red is entrance(s)

Green exit (s)

(All at ground level, none involve the Falcon prop)

Especially when he had confirmed it already back on December 17th:
Line will be behind and to the right of the model. It will start in the base of the tower.
And if you check back to page #586 of this very thread, the discussion might seem familiar.

lifeisgoodboy

I saw on the build zoom for disneyland said there was a attraction #3 for star wars land? What attraction is this?

yensidtlaw1969

I saw on the build zoom for disneyland said there was a attraction #3 for star wars land? What attraction is this?View attachment 347865
Going only by what's in this permit, it sounds like this might be for the Droid Store - which would make some sense since it mentions commercial construction and an overhead conveyor droid prop. That and $14 million really doesn't get you much as far as Attractions go these days. But it is strange for them to use the language of "attraction #3". I don't really know how to explain that.

fctiger

OK sorry about previous post - I get a little "fanboy" sometimes!
I have permission to post about this.

Remember that shuttle on top of the restaurant building?
That shuttle is our "Escape Craft" out of the RotR building.
Like I said before, you are gonna react with "ok..good to know" but Disney seems to be fanatic about it being a twist or whatever.

I made a diagram of the ride process and showed it to my contact who agreed and said I could share.
At the end of my diagram, you see your ride vehicle then an arrow pointing to the shuttle. That's the vehicle getting into it to escape the Star Destroyer. Then the shuttle will "crash" to Batuu and the next arrow points to the ride vehicle again because it comes out of the shuttle into the giant hanger room where you get out and ride car recycles for the next riders.

View attachment 347859

Man I just been back reading all the posts I missed in the last few weeks you been throwing up here. You're great, please don't leave. I was already super excited for this land to open but your insight has doubled it. A lot of great stuff to look forward to.

SWGalaxysEdge

I saw on the build zoom for disneyland said there was a attraction #3 for star wars land? What attraction is this?View attachment 347865

..agreed, I can only guess its the droid factory where people can custom build their own droid, like was mentioned in the Barron's article (1/6/19) last month. For what its worth, they are still working on it according to the permit.

Quote from the article "...One shop will feature droids that visitors can customize through an interactive experience. A droid that is made to be, say, afraid of stormtroopers might signal its fear when one comes close. Droids owned by members of the same group might recognize each other when they meet. Prices have not been set. The shop might also sell a full-size R2-D2 for well-heeled fans, perhaps costing thousands..."

Phroobar

Going only by what's in this permit, it sounds like this might be for the Droid Store - which would make some sense since it mentions commercial construction and an overhead conveyor droid prop. That and $14 million really doesn't get you much as far as Attractions go these days. But it is strange for them to use the language of "attraction #3". I don't really know how to explain that.
They use to call the Sunshine Plaza in DCA an attraction. So was the spinning ball in front of Space Mountain.
1.jpg

fctiger

Well, he does credit us and Martin especially and encourages people to visit the sites he quotes.

He's always credited every site for the information he uses and why he's one of my favorites. The way he distills the information is really good as well. He's become my go to for information in the last year when I don't want to scroll through dozens of posts to find new info.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom