News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

SuddenStorm

So apparently the hourly capacity is 1800 riders. Apologies if already posted.

TP2000 said a few months back in the neighbor lady thread that combined both attractions will have just above the capacity of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Pirates has about a 3000 people/hr capacity (3400 if everything is perfect).

So that'd put Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance's hourly capacity at about 1800 as well.

Those numbers aren't horrible- but it's a shame they aren't in the 2500-3000 people/hr range. Especially cause 1800 will rely on every cockpit being full and no technical issues.

britain

You bet. It was important to me as my wife is in a chair. My 'source" noted I have been the only one to report it and they confirmed it to em since they were working on the ride directly. Reported it at my page SWGalaxysEdge.com a while back.

Does this mean these two pods are independent of the turntables? Like down a different hall to a stationary cockpit? (One on the northeast and one on the southwest of the building.)

SSG

"Bill Zanetti is an Orlando, Florida university teacher who studies theme park design, operations and management. He expects 200,000 people to line up to be the first inside the new themed land."

“The number is based on what I believe is the actual interest,” said Zanetti, who teaches theme park courses at the University of Central Florida. “That’s just how many people I expect to descend on the resort on the first opening day.”

https://blooloop.com/features/opening-day-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

shortstop

"Bill Zanetti is an Orlando, Florida university teacher who studies theme park design, operations and management. He expects 200,000 people to line up to be the first inside the new themed land."

“The number is based on what I believe is the actual interest,” said Zanetti, who teaches theme park courses at the University of Central Florida. “That’s just how many people I expect to descend on the resort on the first opening day.”

https://blooloop.com/features/opening-day-star-wars-galaxys-edge/
Golly, that’s over double Disneyland’s entire capacity. They are going to have a nightmare on their hands if they try to turn away 100k people who have already purchased park tickets.

Anjin

Golly, that’s over double Disneyland’s entire capacity. They are going to have a nightmare on their hands if they try to turn away 100k people who have already purchased park tickets.
I would have assumed they would be smart enough not to oversell tickets. It would be a nightmare if they don't control for it somehow. Yikes.

Professortango1

WRONG. Walt himself did not have several incarnations of a spooky or dilapidated haunted house. read up on your mansion history. he wanted a haunted house and he had his animators and imagineers come up with several designs but he never liked the dilapidated look and he made the call to have the outside look prestine and upkept from the get go. he did not think the public would look down on it. he didn't want a dilapidated building in his park at all. it had nothing to do with public perception.

Yes, Walt was living in a time when Amusement parks had dilapidated buildings and such and he wanted to distance himself and his park. It was a different time. The advertising for the attraction relied on a spookier and more abandoned look of the attraction. As for how Walt would feel about it now, its just conjecture. I would hope he would be smart enough to recognize the changes in the industry and public, but if he wouldn't have; then its kind of a good thing the parks aren't being ran by him. That is, if he would even be running parks considering how he was moving away from theme parks and more towards prototype communities near the end of his life.

disney-haunted-mansion-concept-art_1_73ede0969c00119f679bc74d8fc9b139.jpg
Hmstory&songcover.jpg
s-l640.jpg

PB Watermelon

They could get Jar Jar to stand in front of the Esplanade to deter park visitors.

"Youssa be waitin' in it da long lines! But meesa back!"
"Oh, crap....Let's go, kids. Back to the car."

Last edited:

Rich Brownn

Yes the attraction begins (and ends) inside of Hogwarts Castle. IIRC you enter in through a dungeon-ish entrance in the side of the castle and then work your way up through the castle.

Now that you mention that, one of the worst things about Forbidden Journey is their vision of The Great Hall (the loading area). It's literally just some lights with a bunch of mirrors trying to make it look like infinite candles.
Its not the great hall. Its the room of requirement. Hermione specifically says "All you have to do is meet me in the room of requirement"

BrianLo

Original Poster
I wonder if the ADA pods are actually just two fixed pods completely independent of the carousels. Basically mini-Star Tours. That would be the simplest and most logical way to go about it.

Any sort of mechanism to remove and place pods on the carousel just seems odd, especially if a non divisible number of pods by 4 is the thought.

Stevek

I'm sure assorted vloggers will be live-streaming the opening day of GE. I will be eagerly watching the chaos from 1200 miles away.
I'll be watching from 30 miles away...probably about where the line ends. I can't say I'll have any desire to visit the resort from about May-Dec next year.

SWGalaxysEdge

I wonder if the ADA pods are actually just two fixed pods completely independent of the carousels. Basically mini-Star Tours. That would be the simplest and most logical way to go about it.

Any sort of mechanism to remove and place pods on the carousel just seems odd, especially if a non divisible number of pods by 4 is the thought.

Maybe 2 of the turntables have 8 pods instead of 7. No word back yet. Pure speculation at this point, but I know they exist.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom