News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

rle4lunch

Ya, that'd be great. The most overcrowded land in DL with the biggest population of kids under 10 years old getting a quick serve alcohol station. It's frustrating enough back there as it is, don't throw beer into the mix.

NobodyElse

The obvious answer is to make it a "paid members only" type location. That would keep regular public Disneyland alcohol-free, make the affluent drinkers feel special, and put more cash into the mouse-pockets.

rle4lunch

Is it really so terrible at DCA with alcohol being sold there?

No, not at all. But DCA doesn't have near the continuous capacity crowds that FL gets, nor the bottleneck areas back there. I just think that if there was an beer vendor in an area that exclusively caters to sub 8 year old kids, it'd not only send the wrong message to them, but also bring more adult foot traffic into an already clustered area of the park, with or without them getting inebriated. Although the latter worse case scenario could cause problems. The LA locals that visit the parks don't always represent the cream of the crop that society has to offer. I can see it now, the dudes in their raiders hats and their girlfriends that are wearing jeggings and high heels, traipsing through FL with a beer in one hand and dragging their 6 year daughter in the other.. Ahh, the picture my mind paints is truly horrifying. good times.

JediMasterMatt

I'm convinced Star Wars Land will have a Club 33 members only lounge, a la 1901. No source to back it up, just a hunch.

Your hunch is correct, although it was described to me as a Club 33 "like" lounge. If I had to put money down, it will be a different club than 33 which will allow additional fees and membership charters.

Although maybe if you wave your hand in a feign attempt at a Jedi mind trick you can get entry.

There will be plenty of other opportunities to be a pretend Jedi all around SWL similar to Diagon/Hogsmeade.

dweezil78

Here is the reason why there should be no alcohol served in the parks.

Eh...stupid people are always going to behave stupidly. And people who want to drink are always going to find a way to drink. There's no shortage of places to get alcohol within steps of the turnstyles. Most (not all, I know) people actually do know how to behave themselves while at such a high-security place such as Disneyland and are able to drink responsibly. One random crazy idiot every few years shouldn't ruin the fun for everyone else.

rle4lunch

Don't get me started on the other legal drugs floating around the parks. I saw numerous kids (high school) age, walking around and waiting in line for rides smoking Spice. Saying Disney has high security is a misnomer.

Phroobar

I found it interesting there was only one security guy trying to restrain the guy. Where was backup? Ultimately other people jumped in to restrain him which was totally dangerous and a huge lawsuit waiting for Disney.

rle4lunch

I meant more-so than your average hangout place. Kids smoking is one thing -- people becoming violent, destructive to property, and causing harm to other guests is another and I'm sure Disney security does a fine job of making sure that doesn't happen.

Smoking is one thing, smoking Spice is a completely other topic. It's just as effective, and some even moreso than pot. The only reason it's 'legal' is because they change the ingredients in it before the government can label it as a scheduled drug. But yes, I haven't seen but 1 fight in all the times I've visited DL and WDW, so that's saying something. The fight I did see was in DCA, around 5pm by the Mickey's Fun Wheel and the 3 guys that were involved were all drunk. It took their friends to stop it, not security.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom