News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disney's Hollywood Studios opening date

debg32

All I can say is good luck to all those planning on being there. 2 years ago we were there for opening day of Pandora. We did get a fast pass for the rides. The line just to enter into Pandora was to the front of Animal Kingdom with a minimum of over 2 hours just to get into the area. They were only allowing a few people in as people left. If you had a fast pass, you were able to enter a few minutes before the beginning of your fast pass. There was a separate line for that. The area was so crowded. The lines were ridiculous. It was a 2 1/2 hour wait in line just to get into the gift shop there. Not to mention the over 6 hour wait for the standby line for Avatar Flight of Passage and the over 4 hour wait for Na'vi River Journey. I predict Star Wars is going to be worse.

Rogue1138

All I can say is good luck to all those planning on being there. 2 years ago we were there for opening day of Pandora. We did get a fast pass for the rides. The line just to enter into Pandora was to the front of Animal Kingdom with a minimum of over 2 hours just to get into the area. They were only allowing a few people in as people left. If you had a fast pass, you were able to enter a few minutes before the beginning of your fast pass. There was a separate line for that. The area was so crowded. The lines were ridiculous. It was a 2 1/2 hour wait in line just to get into the gift shop there. Not to mention the over 6 hour wait for the standby line for Avatar Flight of Passage and the over 4 hour wait for Na'vi River Journey. I predict Star Wars is going to be worse.

We were there that weekend too. Our usual time to go to WDW is first week of May but things came up that pushed it to the end of the month. First time I booked our trip completely clueless and not realizing it was Memorial Day weekend AND opening of Pandora. Still haven't been into Pandora since it opened.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I love all the things you mentioned! For me it's all about the details and the feeling these creations give me. The artistry is phenomenal! While I do want to experience the rides, the land itself is going to be amazing. I'm always discovering something new I hadn't noticed before. When I can be completely immersed because of the attention to detail, I'm in heaven. I love Diagon Alley and the train ride to get there. I can't tell you how many times I just went to wander around and look at everything, especially at night. I don't actually do any of the rides there. As far as Pandora, I'm a big fan, of the movie and the land, more so than Star Wars. FOP blew me away! I felt like I was actually riding the Banshee. Wow, just wow! I hope I can get in the land and just enjoy everything that went into its creation. And if either ride is anything like FOP...I will have to be amazed, because FOP is the best ride I've ever been on.

I have hopes that it will be run in such a manner that it's not an exercise in "shoving more customers through the chute". They've relegated the food service locations to counter service.

drod1985

For some reason I get the feeling that opening day land capacity at GE will be better managed than Pandora was - especially because there is only one ride. On top of that the land has a better and more clear flow between its two entry/exit points.

matt9112

Maybe? It could also be that the headline attraction was stood there not able to be rode. Which, samesies.

While none of this is life altering stuff, if it was my theme park(it's not) I wouldn't be opening individual lands in phases. I am sure in the long term it won't matter one iota. But insofar as WDW is about showmanship, this is a half measure. The land will not feel complete until it's, well, complete.

Oh well, I have tried to get hired as head theme park guy for years. All I have to show for it is a heavily damaged trapper keeper and a restraining order that says I am not allowed within 500 yards of Flower Street. (Like a piece of paper could stop me, HA!)

i thought it was that the headline ride was half the size it could have been....opps.

ThistleMae

It's not just a theme park. It's a way of life. 😏
You know it kind of is. I so look forward to being immersed, if only for ten days in fantasy. I plan trips a year to two years in advance. If I could go more than once a year, I would. I also come here, and read, almost daily starting six or more months before my trip. Every bit of planning adds to the excitement. There is no better vacation in my opinion. Many people don't see or feel it, but for true Disney fans, it is a way of life.

peter11435

Wrong:
You’ve quoted an article that is over a year old. The high wait times referenced in the article are from pandoras first holiday period, the busiest time of year at WDW.

ThistleMae

7DMT line is always long, no matter how many times I've been, and look how long that's been running. PPF is also another super long line. Both are often difficult to get FP+ for as well. I think the wait times for MFSR will be crazy! Can't wait to find out....not in real time though, as I wont be there for opening in DLR.

JohnD

flynnibus

Premium Member
I was there a week after Pandora opened. No lines to enter Pandora for me (perhaps there were at other times of day, but never when we entered) and the waits for FOP were similar to what they are today.

The biggest difference between opening periods and periods a year plus later is... there is no low period during openings. Huge waits are open to close.

As rides are more common... the peak waits will always level out... because wait times are driven by people's tolerance for waits.. but the off peak times will lower dramatically compared to opening periods.

One week later is not going to be long enough for those off-peak drops to happen.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not sure I get your point? My point is that I personally waited for FOP a week after it opened (twice - NO FP) and I have visited WDW frequently since it opened. During that time, outside of crazy-bad weather such as torrential rain, I have seen the FOP standby line remain extremely consistent in terms of average wait times (135-250 or so minutes, 2-4 hours). I also said I believe a statistician published an article discussing how FOP was the odd attraction where wait times have actually gone up over time, rather than down.

Your comment drew fire because you're mixing averages, peaks, and anecdotal references interchangeably. FOP wait peaks are pretty similar to times shortly after opening.. because people waits are bounded by human tolerances. What your ancedotes and cite do not account for is the growing variation between waits at different times vs the running average.

peter11435

I posted something which showed it trending up over the first 8 months in operation... why don't you post something that shows the opposite either during that time frame or after?
You posted something that was over a year old. It was from closer to the opening of the land than it was to today. It showed that wait times were up by pointing out wait times during a peak period over the holiday season. The lands first holiday season. Of course it would show increases.

I can’t post the data I’m refering to.

Littleclown

Maybe I missed it on these 31 pages of post, but does every know that they are doing the LAST Illumination Reflects of Earth that night at Epcot. Talk about crowds in two places at once. I was going to be in Epcot that day but with that small (LOL) announcement for star wars I have cancelled my plans. Sure it would have affected my stay on property and the crowds at the resorts plus forget about getting a dinner reservation. I will just have to say goodbye to a favorite in my heart.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom