News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disney's Hollywood Studios opening date

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
By the time ROTR is set to open, the media will have already had its fill and Disney will have squandered so much potential hype for its headlining attraction. How embarrassing.

It could be genius from a business and demand perspective. We will find out I guess.

ChewbaccaYourMum

They released a video for the release dates for both parks and they showed footage for Smugglers Run. When it was showing the release dates for both disneyland and walt disney world it says on the bottom in small letters that rise of the resistance will be open later in the year..

I think it's saying both parks ride won't be open till end of this year, not just one of them. Sad...

winstongator

I think they anticipate the land being ready minus ROTR. If I had that ready to go, I wouldn't just let it sit there unenjoyed. The land will be impressive even without either ride. I would be curious to know what technically is holding up ROTR, but will have to wait a while for that question to be answered. The tech behind Smuggler's Run seemed more complicated to me.
This is confusing. Open SW:GE with one ride? During free dining? Granted, it’s a traditionally slower time at the end of August but still... I can’t shake the feeling this is born of some desperation, somewhere.
This makes no sense. Why open a half finaished land?

YodaMan

Makes sense. If the stores and restaurants are ready and you’ve got one ride ready to go, open them early and start turning a profit. It’s Star Wars, people will show up either way. Either the die hard fans wait until the second ride opens and this helps disperse crowds. Or the die hards now book two trips: one for the initial opening and one for the full opening with ROTR. And then that increases profits. It’s a win-win for Disney either way. Clever, honestly.

Trekkie101

Relevant screen shots for confirming that RotR is later in the year.

dothebrdwalk

I wonder how well the reservation system will work at DL. I'm perfectly fine with the idea of picking a day and coming only during that time if it means less overall crowds. Like a FP for the land.
I don't see why they wouldn't offer this in Hollywood Studios as well. Disney making a lot of questionable choices, certainly deflating my excitement a bit.

180º

It could be genius from a business and demand perspective. We will find out I guess.
I guess we will! I’m no marketing expert, but it seems to me their priority with this move was not to maximize hype for SWGE, but to bring an end to slowing attendance growth. I take the line “Due to guest interest” can be translated “Due to everyone delaying their vacations.” From a crowd managing and ticket profits perspective, this could be genius, as you say. But from a brand image and cultural perspective, I expect this will water things down at least a little.

biggy H

I can see why they would open without RotR being ready. If everything else is going to be ready why wait potentially months? Everyone on here would be in uproar demanding it be open...

Anyway hopefully RotR will be open when we go back in Feb/March next year when we originally planned to visit Galaxys Edge

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom