News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disney's Hollywood Studios opening date

Ismael Flores

I'm not listening to the announcement, but are they really not opening RotR with Smuggler???

Also, my best friend scheduled her Disneyland trip to start that day. She is very ticked off atm

It might not be so bad since the parks blog says people will not be allowed into the land without a reservation. I'm just hoping that they get that word out well if not they will have some seriously ed off guests going just for that and not be able to go near the land

Dave B

This was in the article, does this mean, NO FASTPASSES?

"A reservation will not be offered or required to experience Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the Walt Disney World Resort, although capacity will be limited. Additionally, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be open during Extra Magic Hours"

CaptainAmerica

This is confusing. Open SW:GE with one ride? During free dining? Granted, it’s a traditionally slower time at the end of August but still... I can’t shake the feeling this is born of some desperation, somewhere.
I think the opposite. They're trying to dilute the surge by splitting it in half.

So glad I check out on August 24, which is check-in day for the lunacy week.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

"A reservation will not be offered or required to experience Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the Walt Disney World Resort, although capacity will be limited. Additionally, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be open during Extra Magic Hours"

It means it won't require a reservation to visit like it will in DL. Don't think this goes into the FP situation.

the_rich

I'm gonna say that after the first week or so at DL crowds will die down a little until ROTR opens. I can see locals going, but I can't see people booking a trip to go before it's totally open.

Dave B

It might not be so bad since the parks blog says people will not be allowed into the land without a reservation. I'm just hoping that they get that word out well if not they will have some seriously ****ed off guests going just for that and not be able to go near the land
A reservation will not be offered or required to experience Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the Walt Disney World Resort, although capacity will be limited. Additionally, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be open during Extra Magic Hours

Mouse3268

I think they mean there will be no special reservation necessary to access the area like there will be at Disneyland.

Raineman

Anyone else feel a little deflated that they’re rushing the opening date and RotR won’t be open for an undisclosed amount of time?
I feel bad for anyone that will be there shortly after the grand opening. We will be arriving in mid-November, hoping that: a) the crowds will have decreased at least a little bit by then, and b) ROTR is open by then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom