News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

captveg

Yeah that space is what I meant. don’t think there gonna fit a bantha ride behind kylos ship, thanks on the clarify.

In theory they could go even further back, beyond the future restaurant expansion and those buildings outlined in red by Chad. It just depends on how many backstage buildings they are willing to displace.

Ismael Flores

The red area I indicated below is what early maps were calling "Future Expansion". Those buildings there now were probably used heavily during construction and may have been re-purposed for other things now, but I don't think they were meant to be permanent (well, nothing's really permanent backstage anyway). It's a decent sized chunk of land and you can probably do a multitude of ride systems there.

Not sure if that space is what you meant by "behind Kylo's ship" and your orientation was off, as there technically isn't space directly behind.

View attachment 444629

If they do decide to add an attraction there in the future they really need to consider also the addition of the sit down eatery. The land really needs a real restaurant that compliments the cantina. A two story building can work there so that they at least get the capacity of the Carthay.

Ismael Flores

I thought that sit down dinner/ theatre was still in the plans?

It probably is, haven't heard much about it lately but they really should get it going and when they do they should keep in consideration any possible expansion in that corner of the property. Seems like lately they piece meal things by designing one thing at a time instead of seeing the whole picture. then they go back and spend double the money to rebuild things and screw it up more.

Mickeyboof

I’d rather two rides be built than a ride and a restaurant.

Do we really need to spend more money here, especially when Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans is only a short stroll away??

Also wouldn’t mind if they built Smuggler’s Alley, which is heavily featured in the books but mysteriously missing from the land. Would love the see a creepy Dug animatronic, or visit Oga herself as she overseas her underworld operations.

Supreme Leader

I’d rather two rides be built than a ride and a restaurant.

Do we really need to spend more money here, especially when Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans is only a short stroll away??

Also wouldn’t mind if they built Smuggler’s Alley, which is heavily featured in the books but mysteriously missing from the land. Would love the see a creepy Dug animatronic, or visit Oga herself as she overseas her underworld operations.
I too think they should have at least two more rides and at least one trill/coaster hybrid type of ride. If they do indeed need a highly themed sit down restaurant then I really hope they make it two floors and somehow connect it to the cantina so they can serve those drinks there too.

Blu

In theory they could go even further back, beyond the future restaurant expansion and those buildings outlined in red by Chad. It just depends on how many backstage buildings they are willing to displace.
An indoor coaster would be pretty dope. The Star Wars overall in space mountain certainly is a lot of fun.

Blu

If they do decide to add an attraction there in the future they really need to consider also the addition of the sit down eatery. The land really needs a real restaurant that compliments the cantina. A two story building can work there so that they at least get the capacity of the Carthay.
For real.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
All the building space in I've outlined in green is not accessible to the public right now. I'm not sure what's in it, but could be used for sit down restaurant expansion. During construction I thought that area was going to be the restaurant. It may still be slated for that and budget cuts halted it.

D6CV77RUUAAa9xX.jpg

mickEblu

All the building space in I've outlined in green is not accessible to the public right now. I'm not sure what's in it, but could be used for sit down restaurant expansion. During construction I thought that area was going to be the restaurant. It may still be slated for that and budget cuts halted it.

View attachment 445361

Yeah that’s where the dinner theatre was supposed to go. So where is the third ride supposed to go ?

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Regarding music....I'm in the minority here, but it doesn't bother me. Seems like a low-hanging fruit as to find something the nit-pick about because there's music in the rest of the park.

Bingo. It’s like the majority of the complaints about SR and how “lifeless” the land is. After a while it’s just noise from the same handful of characters and a fake insider that is forgotten when you actually visit the land in person.

Last edited:

tonymu

Premium Member

View attachment 445361
The space for the restaurant is still there. It is the space that is just to the left of the building marked in green and below the red box area.

TP2000

Reportedly, as of this week nothing is in the plans at all.

"Per a reliable source, I'm informed that an upcoming meeting in two weeks to determine potential changes / expansions for Galaxy's Edge has been put on hold with a tentative meeting in April that exists more as a placeholder than anything. This meeting was to be attended physically or via teleconference by Bob Chapek, Megan Crumpacker, Vanessa Morrison, Kris Theiler, Josh D'Amaro, Phil Holmes, and Kareem Daniel (among others). The cancellation of this meeting is directly due to the closure of parks in Asia, which is placing a hold on all potential future expansion expenditures for domestic parks until a more firm outlook in that region can be determined. Furthermore, I was told that a contingency plan is in place should Asian parks remain closed for significant durations that would see one of the water parks at WDW closed for the spring, as well as all mini-golf venues, and reduced hours at the parks (think opening times of 10 am for non-MK parks). All of these changes are ONLY on the table if Asian parks stay closed for months. The belief is that WDW can absorb cuts much better than DLR, which is already being run on lower staffing due to the summer "Close the Gap" initiative. Regardless though, any changes for Galaxy's Edge at either US park is now on hold."

And then our friend Marni chimes in with this...

"Disneyland was hit hard last summer. I had a chat last week with someone who went into detail about how badly. This would be a double whammy that would also have a knock on effect on the east coast."

That Guest List for that cancelled Star Wars Land Expansion meeting had these folks, with their titles which are helpful to track how this was going to play out...

Bob Chapek - Mr. Chapek, Friend to the Friendless
Megan Crumpacker - Vice President of Marketing, Lucasfilm
Vanessa Morrison - President, Fox Family
Kris Theiler - Vice President, Disneyland Park
Phil Holmes - Vice President, Disney's Hollywood Studios Park
Josh Damaro - President, Walt Disney World
Kareem Daniels - President, Walt Disney Imagineering Operations

mickEblu

Reportedly, as of this week nothing is in the plans at all.

"Per a reliable source, I'm informed that an upcoming meeting in two weeks to determine potential changes / expansions for Galaxy's Edge has been put on hold with a tentative meeting in April that exists more as a placeholder than anything. This meeting was to be attended physically or via teleconference by Bob Chapek, Megan Crumpacker, Vanessa Morrison, Kris Theiler, Josh D'Amaro, Phil Holmes, and Kareem Daniel (among others). The cancellation of this meeting is directly due to the closure of parks in Asia, which is placing a hold on all potential future expansion expenditures for domestic parks until a more firm outlook in that region can be determined. Furthermore, I was told that a contingency plan is in place should Asian parks remain closed for significant durations that would see one of the water parks at WDW closed for the spring, as well as all mini-golf venues, and reduced hours at the parks (think opening times of 10 am for non-MK parks). All of these changes are ONLY on the table if Asian parks stay closed for months. The belief is that WDW can absorb cuts much better than DLR, which is already being run on lower staffing due to the summer "Close the Gap" initiative. Regardless though, any changes for Galaxy's Edge at either US park is now on hold."

And then our friend Marni chimes in with this...

"Disneyland was hit hard last summer. I had a chat last week with someone who went into detail about how badly. This would be a double whammy that would also have a knock on effect on the east coast."

That Guest List for that cancelled Star Wars Land Expansion meeting had these folks, with their titles which are helpful to track how this was going to play out...

Bob Chapek - Mr. Chapek, Friend to the Friendless
Megan Crumpacker - Vice President of Marketing, Lucasfilm
Vanessa Morrison - President, Fox Family
Kris Theiler - Vice President, Disneyland Park
Phil Holmes - Vice President, Disney's Hollywood Studios Park
Josh Damaro - President, Walt Disney World
Kareem Daniels - President, Walt Disney Imagineering Operations

Im getting really sick of the Chinese parks

Mickeyboof

C4942621-1284-4228-97FF-83FA93E267D4.jpeg

C-3PO is back! Only at DisneylandAfterDark (buy your tickets on the app today! ApplePay now accepted!)

Why would Disney possibly bring back a beloved character in their billion dollar land? If you guessed “because it’s an upcharge event” you’re RIGHT!

Great reminder to us all that Disney Magic is alive and well, for small fee of only $109!

Mickeyboof

123E66C1-FAA0-4197-A80C-D63DB1D1168E.jpeg

I mean, would woulda thunk that people have an emotional connection to beloved characters, characters that should be in the land by default.

How do you feel about this, Margaret? Scott?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom