News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

BrianLo

But honestly, it's part of the story here. DHS has the weakest lineup of rides and attractions of any Disney theme park anywhere, maybe tied with Disney Studios Paris.

Don't besmirch WDSP like that! It already has 10 *open rides* and that's before it starts its expansion.

DHS is coming up on the end of its expansion and still can't fathom hitting double digits despite being a 30 year old park.

It makes up for it on shows you say? Ironically WDSP has the best one.

Now... WDSP looks like pockets of parking lot six flags carni-trash. That's true.

BrianLo

The MF has an estimated pph of 1,750. After 17 hours of operation, that's almost 30,000 rides.

I'm speaking out of both sides of my mouth, but this needs to be reiterated.

MF does not have the same capacity concerns of Flight of Passage, SDMT and Frozen Ever After.

It's more like the triple theatre Soaring or triple ride track TSMM. Those 50% bumps in capacity more than halved respective wait times. There will be people rushing to make judgement calls that MF has no where near the waits in the coming weeks, but as long as it rides around or higher than TSMM and Soaring, it's "very popular".

Same goes for Disneyland. It's actually a fairly moderate capacity attraction by modern day Disney standards (and seemingly quite reliable).

Little Green Men

Don't besmirch WDSP like that! It already has 10 *open rides* and that's before it starts its expansion.

DHS is coming up on the end of its expansion and still can't fathom hitting double digits despite being a 30 year old park.

It makes up for it on shows you say? Ironically WDSP has the best one.

Now... WDSP looks like pockets of parking lot six flags carni-trash. That's true.
Yeah but WDSP has a lot of flat rides and DHS only has one true flat ride. Plus a proper entrance and nice areas

BrianLo

Yeah but WDSP has a lot of flat rides and DHS only has one true flat ride. Plus a proper entrance and nice areas

Indeed, I don't think current WDSP is overall better than current DHS by any means.

But one has it's entire redo to go and the other one unfortunately stopped half way through because Epcot was suffering.

I actually don't even need another land per say, nor need to complain about how rides had to close to make way for new ones. It just confuses me why all the shows went untouched. There's no internal consistency even amongst WDW, most of the other parks are getting show refreshes.

eddie104

Wow this thread has been total disaster since GE has opened in Disneyland I mean it literally has devolved into bickering about the OT and ST and barely any reviews and reports. Now its turned into which park is better WDSP or DHS even though DCA is probably one of the worst second gates to ever open at a Disney park. Gosh I would hate to read this thread if i was actually looking for information about the land instead we have a bunch of petty posters being immature.

mickEblu

Wow this thread has been total disaster since GE has opened in Disneyland I mean it literally has devolved into bickering about the OT and ST and barely any reviews and reports. Now its turned into which park is better WDSP or DHS even though DCA is probably one of the worst second gates to ever open at a Disney park. Gosh I would hate to read this thread if i was actually looking for information about the land instead we have a bunch of petty posters being immature.

Not to mention the same few people saying the same things over and over again

George Lucas on a Bench

Looks like WDW GE has been packed with people showing up in the wee small hours of the morning just to get a taste of Bob Chapek's table scraps even in the face of certain doom as the strongest storm since Hurricane Andrew closes in on them. Polar opposite of the empty DL version...

SSG

You should speak to the manager and request a full refund.

socalifornian

WDWMagic article
296B79B9-3137-4C57-BA07-AB558E863B87.jpeg

Monorail_Orange

Just for fun, here's the current Anaheim wait times at 3:45pm for the cloned or equivalent DHS versions at Disneyland/DCA:

Millennium Falcon: Target Run (clone) - 25 Minutes
Guardians of the Galaxy (Tower of Terror) - 35 Minutes
Star Tours (clone) - 15 Minutes
Midway Mania (clone) - 30 Minutes
Goofy's Sky School (Slinky Dog?) - 10 Minutes
Incredicoaster (Rock N' Roller Coaster?) - 5 Minutes
Mater's Junkyard Jamboree (clone) - 5 Minutes

That's two hours of wait time in Anaheim to get on the cloned/equivalent rides at DHS. I have no idea what that means, but it's fun to think about. :D
Just one little note here, as much as I like and enjoy Goofy's Sky School, Slinky Dog Dash is quite a cut above, and not really a good comparison (although, thinking about it, I don't think there really is something comparable to SDD in DLR currently, so it's probably as good as it gets). Kinda like comparing Gadgets Go-Coaster/Goofy's Barnstormer with Seven Dwarves Mine Train.

TP2000

Just one little note here, as much as I like and enjoy Goofy's Sky School, Slinky Dog Dash is quite a cut above, and not really a good comparison (although, thinking about it, I don't think there really is something comparable to SDD in DLR currently, so it's probably as good as it gets). Kinda like comparing Gadgets Go-Coaster/Goofy's Barnstormer with Seven Dwarves Mine Train.

You know, I had the exact same thought as you on this. I considered swapping Sky School out for Big Thunder Mountain, but then that just seemed ridiculous so I kept Sky School in as the DCA equivalent.

The problem is that Slinky Dog is just sort of one-of-a-kind that has no real equivalent at any Disney park anywhere except WDW. Better than the small kiddy coasters in Anaheim, Tokyo and Paris, but obviously not even close to the level of E Tickets like Thunder Mountain or Matterhorn or Space Mountain or Everest.

BD-Anaheim

Hate to break it to you, but the hurricane is not making landfall in Florida until early next week. It’s not ruining opening weekend at DHS. Disney is also incredibly experienced in preparing for hurricanes. Generally speaking, they are open the very next day after a hurricane passes through.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Hate to break it to you, but the hurricane is not making landfall in Florida until early next week. It’s not ruining opening weekend at DHS. Disney is also incredibly experienced in preparing for hurricanes. Generally speaking, they are open the very next day after a hurricane passes through.

Maybe not ruining it in the sense that it's shutting down over the weekend, but attendance could be down because a lot of folks would rather spend their weekend taking care of important business like fortifying their homes for the upcoming storm. At least locals. It's also possible that some vacationers have canceled or postponed their trips as well.

On a side note not related to the post or poster I'm replying to here:
I get that everyone wants this land to fail. Fine. But in the very least can we stop derailing this thread off-topic? I've been here for a while and I get that some threads temporarily derail from time to time, but this thread, in particular, has been talking about a land that isn't on the west coast for several pages and this is supposed to be the DLR side of the forums.

Sorry, you guys can get back on my lawn now. My first paragraph was hypocritical to the second anyway. :p I'll crawl back in my hole.

DanielBB8

You know, I had the exact same thought as you on this. I considered swapping Sky School out for Big Thunder Mountain, but then that just seemed ridiculous so I kept Sky School in as the DCA equivalent.

The problem is that Slinky Dog is just sort of one-of-a-kind that has no real equivalent at any Disney park anywhere except WDW. Better than the small kiddy coasters in Anaheim, Tokyo and Paris, but obviously not even close to the level of E Tickets like Thunder Mountain or Matterhorn or Space Mountain or Everest.
Slinky Dog is closer to Incredicoaster. Pixar Pier is equivalent land to Toy Story Land.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Looks like WDW GE has been packed with people showing up in the wee small hours of the morning just to get a taste of Bob Chapek's table scraps even in the face of certain doom as the strongest storm since Hurricane Andrew closes in on them. Polar opposite of the empty DL version...

I understood your Triumph the insult comic dog referrence with the 'table scraps" bit he does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom