News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's now late afternoon in DHS on Day 1. Here are the park's wait times for it's entire roster of 7 rides....

Millennium Falcon - 105 Minutes
Slinky Dog Dash - 55 Minutes
Alien Swirling Saucers, Rock N' Roller Coaster, Midway Mania - 30 Minutes
Star Tours - 15 Minutes
Tower of Terror - 10 Minutes

Meanwhile, at Disneyland in early afternoon three months after Star Wars Land opened...

Millennium Falcon - 45 Minutes

Disneyland Park has 36 other rides currently in the 5 to 60 minute range. There are 20 additional rides 100 yards to the south at Disney California Adventure.

In WDW, guests have 3 other fantastic parks to go to.

In Anaheim...

TP2000

In WDW, guests have 3 other fantastic parks to go to.

In Anaheim...

The three other parks generally have longer wait times today compared to DHS.

So is your assertion that on Opening Day at DHS that WDW customers are just hopping over to ride the Falcon with a 90 minute wait, buy some blue milk and poke around the Droid Depot and the gift shops for a bit, take a picture of a Stormtrooper, and then leave the park after 3 hours and go back to Pandora?

If so, I can't imagine that's how the Billion dollar business case for Star Wars Land was sold to the execs.

Last edited:

TP2000

Just for fun, here's the current Anaheim wait times at 3:45pm for the cloned or equivalent DHS versions at Disneyland/DCA:

Millennium Falcon: Target Run (clone) - 25 Minutes
Guardians of the Galaxy (Tower of Terror) - 35 Minutes
Star Tours (clone) - 15 Minutes
Midway Mania (clone) - 30 Minutes
Goofy's Sky School (Slinky Dog?) - 10 Minutes
Incredicoaster (Rock N' Roller Coaster?) - 5 Minutes
Mater's Junkyard Jamboree (clone) - 5 Minutes

That's two hours of wait time in Anaheim to get on the cloned/equivalent rides at DHS. I have no idea what that means, but it's fun to think about. :D

Californian Elitist

That's two hours of wait time in Anaheim to get on the cloned/equivalent rides at DHS. I have no idea what that means, but it's fun to think about. :D

Different tastes, maybe? Lack of interest? It’s definitely interesting.

I honestly hope it’s getting harder to impress Disneyland fans. However after seeing how folks reacted to that Marvel announcement, I guess that’s not happening anytime soon.

TP2000

Here's the 8:30pm Eastern update for DHS Opening Day wait times, per the WDW App...

Star Tours - 5 Minutes
Alien Swirling Saucers - 10 Minutes
Tower of Terror - 13 Minutes
Midway Mania - 20 Minutes
Rock N' Roller Coaster - 30 Minutes
Slinky Dog Coaster - 45 Minutes
Millennium Falcon - 80 Minutes

Over on the WDW side of the forums the East Coasters/Midwesterners are huffing and puffing over this rather slow day for DHS. After the neckbeard bloggers all pulled their overniter in the parking lot and got there at sunrise and rode the Falcon and bought the Blue Milk, the land has settled in to rather modest opening day crowds. More telling is that the rest of DHS is very slow, with stuff like Star Tours and Tower of Terror being basically walk-ons for much of the day.

I'll say it again, but we'll check back in three weeks to see how it's doing out there. But for now, it's pretty much a repeat of Disneyland's opening weekend except with only 6 other rides at DHS to balance the "crowds" instead of 37 other rides at Disneyland.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Here's the 8:30pm Eastern update for DHS Opening Day wait times, per the WDW App...

Star Tours - 5 Minutes
Alien Swirling Saucers - 10 Minutes
Tower of Terror - 13 Minutes
Midway Mania - 20 Minutes
Rock N' Roller Coaster - 30 Minutes
Slinky Dog Coaster - 45 Minutes
Millennium Falcon - 80 Minutes

Over on the WDW side of the forums the East Coasters/Midwesterners are huffing and puffing over this rather slow day for DHS. After the neckbeard bloggers all pulled their overniter in the parking lot and got there at sunrise and rode the Falcon and bought the Blue Milk, the land has settled in to rather modest opening day crowds. More telling is that the rest of DHS is very slow, with stuff like Star Tours and Tower of Terror being basically walk-ons for much of the day.

I'll say it again, but we'll check back in three weeks to see how it's doing out there. But for now, it's pretty much a repeat of Disneyland's opening weekend except with only 6 other rides at DHS to balance the "crowds" instead of 37 other rides at Disneyland.

This is traditionally one of the slowest times of the year for WDW. Remember the panic last year when September crowds dipped?

The MF has an estimated pph of 1,750. After 17 hours of operation, that's almost 30,000 rides.

This definitely is less than the line for FoP or any Potter Land, but it's not dead either. It seems to have hit the sweet spot. Let's see if it can keep it that way during the September doldrums, and see what happens when the mid-Fall crowds pick up, and see what happens when RotR is added...

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Is Magic Kingdom WDW’s only busy park? I guess Avatar land is busy, too.

MK gets tons more people daily than the other three. FoP can still be one to three hour wait.

9 PM, Aug 29

• MFSR: 90
  • FoP: 80
  • 7DMT / Pan: 40
  • Speedway / Ariel MG / RnRC / Tink MG / Mickey MK MG / Swirling: 30
  • SpaceM / Princess MG / TSM / Carpets / McQueen / Buzz: 20
  • ToT / STours / PotC / NRJ / Phil / JC / Bug! / HM / EE / BTMR: 10
  • LMermaid / TTA / Chewie / Mickey DHS / Winnie / SmallW / Dumbo / DINO / Olaf / BB8 / BarnS: 5

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom