News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

Stitchwald

Does anyone have any tips on how to get into Savi's Workshop? I walked up 30 minutes into my reservation and was told the line was 4 hours long and therefore no longer accepting guests. Even if I could get in, I don't want to get in a 4 hour wait especially if it takes over my whole reservation. Other than this, the whole experience was great. Rode the Falcon twice with just 20 minute waits. The land was manageable and we also walked up to Oga's right when they opened the line. Waited 30 minutes for Oga's. I love this reservations system and it's going to be a madhouse come the 24th.

Bongocrab88

Does anyone have any tips on how to get into Savi's Workshop? I walked up 30 minutes into my reservation and was told the line was 4 hours long and therefore no longer accepting guests. Even if I could get in, I don't want to get in a 4 hour wait especially if it takes over my whole reservation. Other than this, the whole experience was great. Rode the Falcon twice with just 20 minute waits. The land was manageable and we also walked up to Oga's right when they opened the line. Waited 30 minutes for Oga's. I love this reservations system and it's going to be a madhouse come the 24th.

Thanks for getting us back on track with useful info. I did not anticipate that Savi's would be the largest wait, and that Oga's would only be 30 minutes!

Stitchwald

Thanks for getting us back on track with useful info. I did not anticipate that Savi's would be the largest wait, and that Oga's would only be 30 minutes!
I did not anticipate Savi's to have the longest wait either. Oga's line was closed when we were let into the land at 11 AM but the line reopened at 11:45 and that's when it was a 30-minute wait. Lines for everything get long during the cross over periods. 11-12 there are 2 colored wristbands in the land. At 12 the first group is forced to leave and then lines throughout the land drop. The Falcon was 60 minutes at 11 AM but then dropped to 20 around 1 PM. When the 2 PM crowd came in and crossed with our reservation the Falcon got to 120 minutes. Because of these cross overs, the 2 best reservations are 8AM-12PM and 8PM - 12AM (first and last reservations). Both of these reservations have 3 hours of no cross overs while the rest all have only 2 hours with no cross overs.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Asking because I have not seen any updates or posts about this but are there any videos or first hand stories from people who went today on how they asked people to leave the land once their time was up? Did Storm Troopers actually asked them to leave, did cast members errrr "Batuu Citizens" ask them to leave? If they were in line for the Falcon or the lightsaber build a bear, or the wanabe Mos Isley Cantina, were they allowed to enter those locations then forced to leave? Just curious if there is an update on this process.

The_Mesh_Hatter

Asking because I have not seen any updates or posts about this but are there any videos or first hand stories from people who went today on how they asked people to leave the land once their time was up? Did Storm Troopers actually asked them to leave, did cast members errrr "Batuu Citizens" ask them to leave? If they were in line for the Falcon or the lightsaber build a bear, or the wanabe Mos Isley Cantina, were they allowed to enter those locations then forced to leave? Just curious if there is an update on this process.

During previews, the main way they got rid of people is by preventing people with the wrong wristbands from experiencing any of the shops/restaurants/attractions. For the Cantina and Savi’s, guests whose time period was coming to an end within the next ~hour weren’t even allowed in line.

Kicking people out of the land when they’re just Wandering is pretty tough to do. I didn’t see much of that going on, probably because 4 hours is more than enough time. It’s the same deal witn the Cantina: you’re standing, so it’s not really desirable to just linger around as you would at a normal restaurant.

Stitchwald

I was never asked to leave. My reservation ended at 3 PM and we got in line for Docking Bay at 2:45. We did not finish eating until 3:30. No cast members asked us to leave while we walked out of the land. We walked through the market place down to the Rise of the Resistance area. We passed security and many cast members. No one asked us to leave. When we got to Rise of the Resistance we got in line and took photo pass pictures in front of the x-wings, purchased those cool coke drinks, and used the Disney play app in the area. Mostly everyone in this area had our colored wristband on. I believe since the 2 PM guests were not in the area, they did not feel the need to ask us to leave. We left the land at our own will around 4 PM when we were were scheduled to leave at 3.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I’m not normally a rule breaker, but if they had Storm Troopers kicking people out I would definitely stick around past my time just to experience that. :)

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

During previews, the main way they got rid of people is by preventing people with the wrong wristbands from experiencing any of the shops/restaurants/attractions. For the Cantina and Savi’s, guests whose time period was coming to an end within the next ~hour weren’t even allowed in line.

Kicking people out of the land when they’re just Wandering is pretty tough to do. I didn’t see much of that going on, probably because 4 hours is more than enough time. It’s the same deal witn the Cantina: you’re standing, so it’s not really desirable to just linger around as you would at a normal restaurant.
So were people then just leaving on their own when they were turned away during the previews? kinda like a "take a hint and go" kinda thing with out it being said out loud?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I was never asked to leave. My reservation ended at 3 PM and we got in line for Docking Bay at 2:45. We did not finish eating until 3:30. No cast members asked us to leave while we walked out of the land. We walked through the market place down to the Rise of the Resistance area. We passed security and many cast members. No one asked us to leave. When we got to Rise of the Resistance we got in line and took photo pass pictures in front of the x-wings, purchased those cool coke drinks, and used the Disney play app in the area. Mostly everyone in this area had our colored wristband on. I believe since the 2 PM guests were not in the area, they did not feel the need to ask us to leave. We left the land at our own will around 4 PM when we were were scheduled to leave at 3.
Oh ok thanks for that update. Did you see any Troopers asking folks with your color wristbands to leave at all? Any truth to that rumor we heard or not that you witnessed even if it did not happen to you first hand?

Old Mouseketeer

I'll repeat the question I posted the other day that no one answered.

How is the jerkiness of the flight for someone with a bad back, and are they allowing DAS passes at this time?

As far as DAS cards, these are mainly for older attractions that are not accessible. The entire queue of MF:SR is accessible. Special access is most likely restricted to people with sensory and cognitive disabilities, not mobility impairments. But you can ask at the entrance to the ride. I have not heard if they are giving return times, but I would suspect not.

Rich T

wow really? not even a batuu style themed bag? just a bag that says "Disneyland"? that is surprising.
Seriously, though, you’re in Disneyland buying souvenirs. All the guests around you are in everyday attire and taking photos with cell phones. You just paid with a Visa card. I don’t think a themed shopping bag is going to effect the “immersion” one way or the other. This is DL’s version of a ren fair.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom