News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

Hawg G

Gotta remember that the 3-week reservation period is to also help work out any hiccups that reveal themselves. It's not all that surprising that they are keeping things less crowded on the first day. They can always go to random guests at any point in this 3-week window and "comp" them a visit to SW:GE to raise the #s in the area.

Far easier to add guests to an under booked land than to overbook it and move people out.

I agree. That's why I said I expect at least resort guests to start getting wristbands.

They could have a ramp up of numbers during the 3 weeks, no one knows the numbers.

But opening day should have been available to lots of people, not just lucky lottery winners.

DisneyRoy

I agree. That's why I said I expect at least resort guests to start getting wristbands.

They could have a ramp up of numbers during the 3 weeks, no one knows the numbers.

But opening day should have been available to lots of people, not just lucky lottery winners.

It was open to people staying at DLR on site hotels as well as those "lottery" winners. Everyone staying at a hotel has a guaranteed reservation to get in the land during their stay.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well, after some looking at news today, you are ABSOLUTELY WRONG. There are windows starting every hour, so they are not distinct.

Plus, you are only limited to one ride for the first hour, apparently, so MANY are taking multiple rides.

Anyone who knows anything about queue management knows that posted wait times are a powerful psychological tool, which is why Disney inflates their usually. But, with less than an hour wait, they could double the crowds, and still have VERY reasonable waits.

So Disney decided to create a system where the lucky few get a fairly empty area, and multiple rides, while everyone else doesn't even get close enough to see it.

I personally think that is a very poor decision on Disney's part. Especially for resort guests staying many days.

You folks are awful pompous for being wrong.
There are 4 hour windows with 1 hour of overlap at the end. So for example the first window starts at 8am and goes to noon. The second window is 11am to 3pm then 2pm to 6pm, etc... They are not every hour. They are using colored wrist bands with the time window also printed on it to control crowds. After 4 hours you must leave the land. It’s a pretty solid system and seems to be well organized, much better than the “goat rodeo” that went on when Pandora opened.

Resort guests all received a reservation for a time during their stay. It’s been advertised heavily and the hotel prices reflect the added perk. They are not being shut out. The reservations are also not transferable so no playing games with selling them or booking and canceling hotel reservations to get in.

I know you have some unhealthy hatred for this new land but it’s not cool to make stuff up to fit your narrative. Someone who actually plans to visit this land may read your nonsense and think it’s actually right.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well, after some looking at news today, you are ABSOLUTELY WRONG. There are windows starting every hour, so they are not distinct.

Plus, you are only limited to one ride for the first hour, apparently, so MANY are taking multiple rides.

Anyone who knows anything about queue management knows that posted wait times are a powerful psychological tool, which is why Disney inflates their usually. But, with less than an hour wait, they could double the crowds, and still have VERY reasonable waits.

So Disney decided to create a system where the lucky few get a fairly empty area, and multiple rides, while everyone else doesn't even get close enough to see it.

I personally think that is a very poor decision on Disney's part. Especially for resort guests staying many days.

You folks are awful pompous for being wrong.
Ok, so I was wrong about there being 4 hour distinct window. However the point is that resort guests, meaning those staying at a Disney hotel, are not being short changed here. They get an automatic reservation. Which means they are in the land just like everyone else at a specific time period.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Ok, so I was wrong about there being 4 hour distinct window. However the point is that resort guests, meaning those staying at a Disney hotel, are not being short changed here. They get an automatic reservation. Which means they are in the land just like everyone else at a specific time period.
You weren’t wrong. They are 4 hour distinct windows just with 1 hour of overlap. So there’s something like 5 time slots each day. They are not like FP reservations with rolling 15 minute start times.

VJ

I honestly won't be surprised if the three biggest complaints about Galaxy's Edge aren't the lack of original trilogy characters, not being able to pilot an X-Wing, and the Falcon not being a walkthrough attraction. Beyond just the "Smuggler's Run sucked" and "the line for my booze was too long!" complaints, of course.
and the Falcon ramp not being a walkthrough attraction...

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I do wonder how much work it would take to fix the issues. If there is anyway to make the gunner/ engineer positions more desirable, make the ride more thrilling and maybe not make the attraction so dependent on your pilots ability. After waiting 2+ hours in line it’s not fun to have a mediocre experience because your pilot sucked. I don’t care how interactive and “real” that makes it. Disney must think people want to role play more than have fun at a theme park.
Given that its mostly software based I would assume there could be tweaking done to make the ride more thrilling. Now whether they would actually do that or not is another question.

Hawg G

Yes, but sometimes I like to play with the trolls before I ignore them. Its fun, sometimes pages and pages of fun... ;)😂

Not sure if you're a troll, or someone who says they can admit they were wrong, but really can't. You started with the vitriol, based on a wrong opinion, and are now trying to split hairs to save face. I wouldn't have cared much had you not got up on your wobbly soap box.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Not sure if you're a troll, or someone who says they can admit they were wrong, but really can't. You started with the vitriol, based on a wrong opinion, and are now trying to split hairs to save face. I wouldn't have cared much had you not got up on your wobbly soap box.
Well given that I've been here posting and contributing for several years now one can assume I'm not a troll.

You've been here less than 2 months and only have brought negativity and added nothing to the conversation.

So please if you don't want to see my "soap box", feel free to use the ignore button, as I will be doing so with you.... Good day sir...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
He was wrong, they aren't distinct, they overlap. You are just against everything I say, and think you are a lot smarter than you may be
You said they were time slots like FP which they are not, you said they weren’t limited to 4 hours which they are, you said they should use wristbands and they already do, you said some hotel guests were not getting into the land when they are guaranteed a reservation. I’m not against everything you say, just the stuff that’s factually incorrect. People come online to look for Disney info and this site is well known to have good information. When you state things as fact which are incorrect you are giving people bad information. I can’t say what is going on in your head but it sure seems like you are doing it deliberately to paint a negative picture that lines up with the narrative you are pushing. I’m just calling you out on that. I’m sure by now people are tired of this back and forth so it’s the last I’ll say on this, but if you continue to post false information I will continue to call it out.

The_Mesh_Hatter

Yeah, it's weird. Their concept art looks like the Black Spire Outpost village, but with an X-wing instead of the Falcon. And their overhead plans (required by French law to be made public) fits the shape of RotR. But maybe, who knows?

View attachment 378229

That’s really actually nothing like the layout of the village in Galaxy’s Edge!
871B0C6F-8862-4B3C-8021-BF0341959FBC.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom