News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

ThistleMae

Honestly, it's hard for me to compare the two. FoP is so spectacular--they just executed it so well. I have a suspicion that RotR will have a queue that meets or surpasses the level of the FoP queue. I liked the MF:SR queue a lot, but in a different way. The rides are very different, as well. I'll be interested to hear your take after you have ridden it.
I'm going in November. So yes, I will report back. My daughter and son-in-law had a discussion about it over Memorial Day Weekend. They feel the same as I do, that FOP is just so immersive, you feel like you're part of that land and are riding a banchee through it. And for me, the fact that I can lean, the way I do on my bike, make it feel like I'm actually controlling the banchee. The seat design is an integral part of the ride. Truly amazing. I'm so anxious to hear the reviews as folks begin to post here. Can't wait. But as you know, until you actually experience if for yourself, the jury will be out.

Castle Cake Apologist

I didn't have to see the full Emoji movie the way it was meant to be experienced on the big screen in person to be able to tell it was god awful when the trailer itself did that just fine which i watched on you tube. all these you tube reviews and clips are just pieces of the puzzle and when you add them together you can clearly form a educated opinion on how the ride and land are. being there in person just means you get to suffer in person.

You understand that a movie and a theme park ride are two different things, right?

there are simulators out there at malls and such where you are in full control of the entire thing which I think many people are under the impression they will be with this ride and it is simply not true.

Bogus. Controlling a flight simulator takes hours and hours of training. I'd love for you to post an example of these "simulators out there at malls and such," because I seriously doubt that they exist. Especially on a level that would work at a theme park.

Last edited:

Castle Cake Apologist

This honestly all looks so incredible... I couldn't tell you the first thing about Star Wars, but even I'm salivating over this new land. I cannot wait to explore every nook and cranny of this place and take in the layers upon layers of detail. This is like Pandora on crack and I'm here for it.

Any bets on how insane today is going to get, though? I feel like this is going to make Wizarding World's opening look like a local block party.

Surferboy567

This honestly all looks so incredible... I couldn't tell you the first thing about Star Wars, but even I'm salivating over this new land. I cannot wait to explore every nook and cranny of this place and take in the layers upon layers of detail. This is like Pandora on crack and I'm here for it.

Any bets on how insane today is going to get, though? I feel like this is going to make Wizarding World's opening look like a local block party.

I think you nailed it “feel like this is going to make Wizarding World's opening look like a local block party”. I know I’ll be sitting back and watching the fireworks...I’m genuinely curious to see the turn out

Surferboy567

Vaguely off topic but it’s still galaxy’s edge...I have a big announcement to make. As most of you have undoubtedly noticed I have a countdown in the signature to my WDW trip for galaxy’s edge. Well...it looks like the week around D23 I’ll get to experience Batuu in Disneyland as well! I’m so excited wonder if Rise will be open? Second time in California and by extension disneyland! Signature update is coming soon!

drod1985

I'm in a discord following the opening at Disneyland. Granted it's only 6:30am there, but it's actually been pretty civil. I don't think it's going to be as wild as Wizarding World due to the reservation system.

Which makes me hope and pray there's a reservation system for DHS' opening. We'll see how DL goes today and hopefully DHS takes lessons learned and implements/improves on the system.

Surferboy567

I'm in a discord following the opening at Disneyland. Granted it's only 6:30am there, but it's actually been pretty civil. I don't think it's going to be as wild as Wizarding World due to the reservation system.

Which makes me hope and pray there's a reservation system for DHS' opening. We'll see how DL goes today and hopefully DHS takes lessons learned and implements/improves on the system.

Is this discord the reddit discord?

Castle Cake Apologist

Vaguely off topic but it’s still galaxy’s edge...I have a big announcement to make. As most of you have undoubtedly noticed I have a countdown in the signature to my WDW trip for galaxy’s edge. Well...it looks like the week around D23 I’ll get to experience Batuu in Disneyland as well! I’m so excited wonder if Rise will be open? Second time in California and by extension disneyland! Signature update is coming soon!

That's awesome! Crossing my fingers that you get to ride RotR...

zooey

Anyone else catching the Star Tours connection?
I’m not sure if Star Tours is set to random right now, last I went on it we got the Batuu ending... anyway, when Kylo Ren comes out in Blackspire Outpost he is looking for the Resistence spy he knows is there. I’m pretty sure they’re connecting the story of the two.
Also, on MFSR you can briefly see Star Tours taking off from the Outpost.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
you can personally attack me all you want but all the points i have made have some validity to them and once the general public arrives tomorrow in the land, i won't be the only one saying what i have been saying for months now.
You are entitled to an opinion, but repeatedly posting the same things over and over again when you haven’t seen or experienced the ride or land is getting pretty tired. This is supposed to be a thread where people who have actually been to the land post their reviews. It’s fine to disagree or have a different opinion than those who have posted reviews but to post it over and over and over makes it seem like you have some sort of agenda. I think that’s why people have reacted negatively to your posts. We get it. You hate the land and the ride and you don’t need to see it in person to have that opinion. You made your opinion clear no need to continue to post it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I will be at DL the 2nd week of August. Hoping RotR will be open by then too. Either way I’ll report back on the rest of the land. Although by then it won’t be breaking news like it is today.

britain

Just replace those cameras with pitchforks & torches, and this becomes a terrifying sight.

Anjin

Actually as you watch the streaming video, it honestly looks like a lot more fun with crowd of happy people than the strange, mostly empty footage the VIPs provided yesterday.
I watched some video yesterday. Still a limited crowd, it was a bit of a shock to see actual people walking through. After all of the build up, it was funny to be reminded (and reassured, really) that it's still just Disneyland.

Last edited by a moderator:

zooey

Actually as you watch the streaming video, it honestly looks like a lot more fun with crowd of happy people than the strange, mostly empty footage the VIPs provided yesterday.
That’s why I didn’t entirely agree with other overall criticism of it being cold and empty. Yeah, theme parks come to life with people in them. Even those After Hours events at WDW empty the parks out and they seem off, and yes, even while the background music plays. It’s obvious Galaxy’s Edge was built to handle a ton of people, and those people add to the atmosphere of a populated, busy outpost.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom